PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Solder Absolutely Destroying Pro Bowler Cameron Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
They kept showing replays of Solder at right tackle versus pro bowler Cameron Wake, who had 14 sacks last year. Solder was repeatedly dominating Wake, whether it be by throwing him to the ground and burying him, or pushing him back or redirecting him.

VERY IMPRESSIVE, not just for a rookie but also a traditional left tackle playing right tackle in a shortened off-season.

i officially call this thread way too pre-emptive

OP you really couldn't even wait until the game was over? really?

Still seems to be having trouble with the bull-rush.. Hopefully he can hold up the second half.

There are 2 things are best performed NOT prematurely:
1. childbirth
2. thread starting
3. something that people who prematurely start threads are prone to.

He was doing well up until that last drive of the half. Let's not forget the guy is still a rookie with no OTA's, minicamp, and a truncated training camp. Oh, by the way, he's also playing out of position right now.

someone make a screencap of Solder on top of Wake like a pancake

Yeah maybe jumping the gun a bit, that sack was right after the post, but I remember multiple Vollmer threads last year during the Colts game before halftime...

Relax! Today is a good day.

Except for that 2-play stretch (hold, sack) that never should have taken place anyway after the blown PI call, Solder dominated. Makes Tyron Smith on Dallas look like a joke. Not bad for a 'developmental tackle'.

And that rookie CB who's made of glass has looked pretty good too.

Bar the pre halftime blip it was an excellent o-line performance inclusing Nate.

Great start to his career.

Well done.

Feels a lot like Vollmer when he was thrown into the fire his rookie year after Light got injured and played great against Freeney, except that was the middle of the season and this is the 1st game of the year.

Impressive performance. BB nails another one.

Last edited:
I thought there was a second holding penalty on Solder later, but now I think it was on the Lesser Gronk instead.

I started the bandwagon who is on board now?:):):)

Solder continue to play like this and he will be a legitimate OROY candidate.

Solder continue to play like this and he will be a legitimate OROY candidate.

He had a great game, but an Olineman has never won that award. Don't see it happening.

who is that CHUMP jet fan that claimed Vlad was > my Nate Solder?

I laugh at you Jetsfan1:singing::singing::singing::singing: :singing:

Last edited:
He had a great game, but an Olineman has never won that award. Don't see it happening.

Being a legitimate candidate and winning it are two different things. I doubt he wins it because it is skills position type of award, but I think he could be a legitimate candidate if tonight was a prelude to his season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots