PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Silver has the Pats Winning Their 4th Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
good post. I would only add that predictive models aren't measured against a mythical degree of perfect accuracy, they're measured against other predictive models. In that vein FO still comes up a little short imo and it certainly doesn't beat the betting market. I just don't think predictions are FO's forte.

Good point, and again, I just don't think that football games lend themselves particularly well to predictive modeling. This is one case where it doesn't surprise me that the betting market (which is driven largely by qualitative information) fares better.

Other than Brady, Manning has played in more Super Bowls than any other QB in this year's playoffs.

So what's your point?

Do you really consider denver to be one of the two best teams left? I don't. I co sider seattle, san fran, gb and NE to be better.

Last edited:
I certainly do.

i think denver is good, but not one of the two best teams. i can't see them winning against SF, GB or even Seattle in a dog fight.

i think denver is good, but not one of the two best teams. i can't see them winning against SF, GB or even Seattle in a dog fight.

Seattle would be a close call. San Fran and Green Bay would throttle the Broncos.

If he's wrong, I'm calling him Sliver from now on.

Winning has a well known Patriot bias.

I hope Mr. Silver is right. It's been a while since I've allowed myself to be an obnoxious supporter of a championship team.

hmm....FO predicted Pats SB wins against the Giants...twice.

yeah i know the first time was due to a 1 in a million catch, but FO isn't perfect at this stuff.

Seattle would be a close call. San Fran and Green Bay would throttle the Broncos.

Seattle is a freaking load right now. They beat GB in GB, they trashed SF and barely beat the Pats. They would beat Denver. I totally agree with Nate's predictions. Seattle is gonna be a real tough team in the SB.

hmm....FO predicted Pats SB wins against the Giants...twice.

yeah i know the first time was due to a 1 in a million catch, but FO isn't perfect at this stuff.

:confused2:

Nobody's claiming it is.

I wondered if football was one of nate silver's strong suits. A little nervous now that he whiffed the seattle pick. Right now 27-7 falcons heading into the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back