Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 5:45 p.m. EST, January 16, 2007
NAPOLIAN WHINES ABOUT OFFICIATING

In an apparent effort to influence the crew of officials for this week's AFC title game, Colts president Bill Polian is complaining about the calls (or lack thereof) from Saturday's game between Indy and Baltimore.

An item on the team's official web site contains quote from Polian attributing the touchdown-less game between the Colts and Ravens to the failure of the officials to throw flags on the Baltimore defensive backs.

"The game was kind of a unique game, but I think it's just apropos of the kind of officiating that has been going on," Polian said. "When you have blitzing teams and you allow that downfield stuff, such as what happened to Reggie Wayne, you're going to limit offense. That's the net of it. You encourage the power-running game, you discourage the passing game and if you're limited to a running game, it's rare that you can do what we did in the fourth quarter and take the game over with a power-running attack.

"I worry not so much about us -- we can play any style -- but I worry about what kind of a game we're getting when we allow so much rough stuff down the field. Whether or not the league office says that was a foul or should have been a foul, I don't know, but Bill Levy is a great official. I know he's nothing if not an honest guy and the explanation he gave I think is what the officials have been told. That worries me some. You went something like two-and-a-half games before a touchdown was scored? That's not good, when the best teams play that way. That's not good for the health of the game. I think that was certainly a contributing factor to a low-scoring game."

Last edited:
Well, in his defense, that was a bogus call.

What a shamelessly self-serving transparent attempt at influencing this weeks game.

Hasn't the NFL seen through this LOSER yet?

Yeah, he's all about "the health of the game". Cry us a river NaPolian...

Hey, welcome to the club, buddy! Your first bull**** call is always the hardest, but they get easier to take after several years.

Maybe Bill Polian has gone a little too far this time. Questioning the referees publicly just before the AFC championship game is NOT going to help your cause. It may, in fact, hurt them.

After all the problems with the playoffs last year and the questionable calls, I would be willing to bet the refs might be a tad defensive about taking heat for doing the best they can.

Way to go Bill, your helping us already.

What a shamelessly self-serving transparent attempt at influencing this weeks game.

Hasn't the NFL seen through this LOSER yet?

Yeah, he's all about "the health of the game". Cry us a river NaPolian...

God I can't stand him. I can't stand that franchise,I can't stand Dungy as a coach,and I can't stand Peyton Manning. But there isn't a team in this whole league who should have to put up with his BS. Plus he's crazy as a loon.

The league office needs to come out and publically tell Napolian to STFU and mind your own business. After the officiating problems in last year's playoffs they need to ensure that they respond to anything which could call the refs impartiality into question.

The league office needs to come out and publically tell Napolian to STFU and mind your own business. After the officiating problems in last year's playoffs they need to ensure that they respond to anything which could call the refs impartiality into question.

How can any Colt fan rationally look at this and see him as a whining A----ole. In a million years I could not imagine BB or SP making comments like this. But, I guess that is what sets our organization apart. Oh...one retort to Napolian and any Dolt fan....it is a simple question, When was the the last time a Dolt Olineman got called for holding?

Boy, he has nads of steel, doesn't he? This guy complaining about officiating is like the University of Alabama football program complaining about sanctions from the NCAA for violations (they always get away with them).

I would like to know how many "holding" calls that the Colts get in the course of a season as compared to all of the other teams? I would bet you they are way down there.

EZ76

Dude, NaPolian has been the one behind this officiating mess we have now. I'd rather see a game without a flag thrown, and some chippy play, than the absolute mess the zebras made out of last years playoffs.

Here's to a good game, no injuries, and NO FLAGS!

"We can play any style"

This might be the funniest thing I've ever read.

Compare this to the NBA. You get Mark Cuban questioning officials all the time and he gets fined.

They hold on virtually every play and their recievers push off.

This is the crap that makes these Dolts match-ups suck. Instead of looking forward to the game, I am wondering if Polian is going to make the refs cheat for him.

Or change the rules after the game is played.

Totally ruins the game for me, and makes me hate the Dolts more than any other team by far.

After Pete "The Bull" Morrelli's reversal of Troy Polamula's flagrant interception (after which the NFL had to apologize bc it was the wrong call) in last year's playoff game, the Colts should have like a 2-3 season moratorium before they are ever allowed to publicly ***** about any calls.

A secret name for JR4!

(ProFootballTalk.com) :D

There you go ... blaming me for your mistake.;)
admit it ... your really are human:rolleyes:

Is that guy retarted or something? The Ravens allowed like 12 points a game this year. They had the #1 defense in the NFL and were playing at home where I'm sure the defense is better. The reason why the Colts scored only 15 points is due to that reason, not the referees. What a homer.

Oh, in other news, I think I witnessed an offensive holding call on a Colt's lineman for the first time in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots