Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nancy Pelosi related to Annette Funicello??

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What's with the mouse-love??

I mean, I like rodents as much as the next guy. I like 'em caught, I like 'em snapped in the trap, I like 'em fed with those green pellets, the kind that slows their metabolism to a halt.

But Nancy Pelosi seems to have a macabre fondness for the critters.

:nono:

Bad news bears ride again:

[size=+4]Pelosi's mouse slated for $30M slice of cheese[/size]

Talk about a pet project. A tiny mouse with the longtime backing of a political giant may soon reap the benefits of the economic-stimulus package.

Lawmakers and administration officials divulged Wednesday that the $789 billion economic stimulus bill being finalized behind closed doors in Congress includes $30 million for wetlands restoration that the Obama administration intends to spend in the San Francisco Bay Area to protect, among other things, the endangered salt marsh harvest mouse.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi represents the city of San Francisco and has previously championed preserving the mouse's habitat in the Bay Area.

Washington Times - Pelosi's mouse slated for $30M slice of cheese

Imagine what the Russians and Chinese are making of this!! I'm embarrassed, as an American.

:ugh:

2. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And then you read this:

Dead rodents, excrement in peanut processor lead to recall - CNN.com

(CNN) -- The Texas Department of State Health Services on Thursday ordered the recall of all products ever shipped from the Peanut Corporation of America's plant in Plainview, Texas, after discovering dead rodents, rodent excrement and bird feathers in the plant.

The order, which applies to products shipped since the plant opened nearly four years ago, came a day after the discovery of filth in a crawl space above a production area during a health services inspection, Texas Health Department Press Officer Doug McBride told CNN in a telephone interview.

The plant's ventilation system pulled debris "from the infested crawl space into production areas of the plant resulting in the adulteration of exposed food products," a health department news release said.

Officials at the plant, which opened in March 2005 and produced oil-roasted peanuts, dry-roasted peanuts, peanut meal and granulated peanut, voluntarily stopped operations Monday night.

Makes you wonder what some people are thinking when they ask for federal (tax-payers') money.

//

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

It's stimulus :rolleyes:

F*ck you Obama. F*ck you Pelosi.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

That may be so... But you're also an embarrassing American.

Could your thread title be more pretentious?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

Spectre got 6.5 billion for his pet project.. cancer research.. but interestingly this is not mentioned in this unbiased, completely neutral article from the Washington Times.. selective journalism is not journalism. The Washington times is just another biased rag.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

LMAO, DarrylS strikes again, unless it's a liberal source it's biased crap.

Care to defend the pork Nancy has in this bill instead of changing subjects ? Of course Specter voted for the bill so he's no better.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +914 / 7 / -3

I love the new transparency of the gubmit. I'm so glad we'll be able to read the bill after it's passed.

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's not just the pork, it's the [size=+2]mouse-burgers pork!!!!![/size]. Hello??

Nancy Pelosi is spending millions to save rodents whose cousins just contaminated an entire shipment of peanuts. Does the right hand even know what the left hand is doing?????

Off the rails bizarro.

//