PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name your 1st round pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bucky said:
My dream pick would be Shawn Merriman. But since he was laready drafted I'll go for the poor-man's Merriman - Manny Lawson.
Unfortunately, Merriman had about 30 pounds on Lawson. I don't see how we could get Lawson and Colvin on the field together unless we gave up a lot of size by having two smaller, faster OLB.

BelichickFan said:
Unfortunately, Merriman had about 30 pounds on Lawson. I don't see how we could get Lawson and Colvin on the field together unless we gave up a lot of size by having two smaller, faster OLB.

Lawson is 6'5 & can add bulk.

bakes781 said:
Lawson is 6'5 & can add bulk.
He can but it'll be two years before he can add 30 pounds of muscle.

BelichickFan said:
He can but it'll be two years before he can add 30 pounds of muscle.

How would you rank this year's LB class? top 5?

BelichickFan said:

That's why I call him Merriman light. In reality though, Merriman only has him by about 10-15 pounds. Laswon definitely needs to add bulk and strength.

As for having him on the field together with Colvin, initially Lawson would play only as a 3rd down pass rusher and on ST. Colvin could rush on the other side or perhaps get a much need break. After that, I'm sure things will work out just fine.

bakes781 said:
How would you rank this year's LB class? top 5?
My personal rankings, which are just my opinion is :

1) Ryans
2) Carpenter
3) Greenway
4) Wimberly
5) Lawson

And Kiwanuka maybe should be in there somwhere.

I expect Wimberly to be gone before our pick. Ryans doesn't really fit athletically but I have a gut feeling Belichick will want him on his team.

bucky said:
That's why I call him Merriman light. In reality though, Merriman only has him by about 10-15 pounds. Laswon definitely needs to add bulk and strength.

As for having him on the field together with Colvin, initially Lawson would play only as a 3rd down pass rusher and on ST. Colvin could rush on the other side or perhaps get a much need break. After that, I'm sure things will work out just fine.
His upside is definitely interesting if he can bulk up without losing speed and quickness.

bakes781 said:
No Ernie Sims?
That list was for the Patriots. Ryans could well be too small for us and Sims is 10 pounds smaller.

BelichickFan said:
That list was for the Patriots. Ryans could well be too small for us and Sims is 10 pounds smaller.

We could always put them on the LenDale White diet plan lol

1) Carpenter
2) Kiwanuka
3) D. Williams

The thing for me is I'd hate to see them reach simply out of need. Now I doubt they would do that, but with all these LBs to choose from I think it would be wise to have other options ahead of LB. Which is why I have DeAngelo Williams & Tye Hill rated 1 & 2.

Carpenter! No, Lawson! No, Len-Dale! No, Holmes! No, Youboty! No, Sims!

I can't make up my mind.

Feep_FLA said:
One week till we all get to look under the tree. Why don't we all name our dream pick at #21 and see who comes up with prize! I'll say it right here loud and clear: Bobby Carpenter! :rocker:
One week???? No actually..two..

Kiwi will not be there at 52.

For the first round I'll be picking.....my @$$! Because Belioli will be trading down!

Dream pick of anyone in the draft? Hawk, then Huff. Taint gonna happen.

Gotta pick a player at #21? Carpenter or Cromartie, whichever is still on the board.

DeAngelo Williams...or Carpenter

First, they'll try to trade down.

If that fails for 14 minutes, then ... Kiwi.

Maroney or Carpenter at #1. If it's Maroney then I think we'll take Mark Anderson at #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back