Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Anthony “D’oh!” Smith’s Goofy Guarantees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were numerous calls that went against the Steelers in that game as well. Everyone of you people can think of calls that have been made in the past that exactly mirror the calls that "helped" the Steelers in that game. Offensive pass interference and holding and even the Ben td run. There were clipping calls that weren't called on the sea hags as weel as holding calls but you jealous fans refuse to acknowledge that.

So "Dog", how do you explain the two ass whippings in the only real meaningful Head To Head contests between Pats Steelers (the two AFCCG)? Was it the cheating, or officiating? Do you want me to look up Kordell's "The Best Team Didn't Win" quote from the '02 game? We've gotten used to hearing that around here.

How do you address the fact that the Pats have won these championships in the Free Agency / Salary Cap / Drug Testing era? I imagine you don't acknowledge it right?

This is typical Steeler fan crap I was talking about.

Jealous of what? It's a fact that SB WAS rated as one of the worst ever and it's a fact Ben's rating was just nasty especially for a SB QB. It's impossible for any of those facts to be called "jealousy". It was what it was-deal with it.

There were numerous calls that went against the Steelers in that game as well. Everyone of you people can think of calls that have been made in the past that exactly mirror the calls that "helped" the Steelers in that game. Offensive pass interference and holding and even the Ben td run. There were clipping calls that weren't called on the sea hags as weel as holding calls but you jealous fans refuse to acknowledge that.

The Patriots:

Winningest team of the decade
3 Super Bowls this decade
5 AFC championship games this decade
16-0 regular season
have the greatest quarterback of all time doing rehab and are still 7-4

The Steelers:
Most undeserved Super Bowl 'victory' in the salary cap era

There's no jealousy involved on the part of Patriots fans. Are you taking medication for your delusions?

I stated earlier in either this thread or another one that the Steelers have choked more often than any other team. Do I feel that the Pats cheated in those games? I can't say yes, but I can't say no. I know that is awfully wishy-washy, but it is what it is. Most people feel there was wide spread cheating going on with those teams. We may never know. I know this the Steelers choked.
It is true that the last Steeler SB wasn't a very well played game. To say that the Steelers were handed the game is more jealous patriot rhetoric.

What the rest of the country is sick of is the excuses that fly when the pats lose. After the Denver lose there was all sorts of whining. Afetr the Indy loss all sorts of crying. After the giants loss again. That is the typical patriot crap that I was talking about.

Well, you know what they say about "good losers". :spygate:

It is true that the last Steeler SB wasn't a very well played game. To say that the Steelers were handed the game is more jealous patriot rhetoric.

No, to say that the Steelers were handed the game is to analyze the game and come to a conclusion that you, "The Dog", don't like. You should, perhaps, look up the definition of the word jealous.

That's every fanbase. I bet you can go to any team's message board that lost this week and find excuses.

"Oh, we had so many injuries"
"So and so was being held on every play"
"The zebras bet money on the game"

You guys here are all-right. For the most part you keep it civil. You are biased in your view points about your beloved pats, and are anti- steeler. I of course am the same way in regards to my viewpoints. You will never see my point of view and vice-versa. You firmly believe everything you say and write, as do I. We can agree to disagree. Good luck on sunday. I'm not very confident about my boys. I just hope that one way or another nothing strange happens. I don't want excuses either way. Take care guys.

The bottom line patriot fans are jealous of the success of the Steelers. Steeler fans resent Patriot fans who act like they win the SB every year.

Lately it's the other way around. I'm in the Western PA area and all my Steeler friends constantly get on me after big losses like last year's super bowl, whereas everytime we beat Pittsburgh I don't feel the need to gloat or anything, it's just another win unless it's the AFCC of course. Alot of them are pretty obsessed with hating the Patriots. None of us were alive during the Steel Curtain days so it's hard for me to be jealous when I didn't live through it. Them on the other hand have lived through our dynasty and are visibly bitter.

I do hate the Steelers out of respect, it's hard to find a team thats as consistent a threat year in year out. I do think they are the better legacy for now, unless we can get 2 more rings before they get any. But I can say with complete honesty there's no jealousy towards them on my end.

I know this the Steelers choked.

Uh no, it's neutral observers noting that the game between two teams, neither being the NE Patriots, was a debacle of horrific officiating unequalled in any SB before or since that allowed an awfull performance by Rthlsbrgr to result in a contrived victory for the Squealtown Towel Heads. Us neutral observers have NO serious complaint about the officiating in the Colts SB win for example. Try rational thinking, it might help.

How about this 5-3. Does that score mean anything to you people. Oh yeah the Nation's team has won a SB more recently as well.

The Nation's Team? LOL!!!
Dude, do me a favor.
Tell your sister that I accidentally left my watch on her nightstand last night, and I'd like it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back