PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
In honor of Rice Krispies, I'd like to nominate this as the "Snap, Crackle, and Pop" Defense.

It's the "Offense is the best Defense" Defense.

Thank goodness for Tom Brady!

Sports is all about nicknames, so let's try to find a name that represents the Patriot's defense. There are many that might come to mind:

1) Carpet Bomb defense
2) Air Raid Defense
3) Duck and cover defense
4) Bill's Bungles
5) Trend setting defense - Taking the new defensive rules to their maximum limit.
6) Kinder, gentler defense.
7) QB Career makers
8) QB's best friends
9) "We don't need no stinking defense" defense
10) Man on manless defense (One on none?)

Swiss Cheese D?

The Boston TD Party?

I'd go with either:

(Belichick's voice...a little higher and squeakier than usual)
“What's that? Ah -- defense? Don't talk about -- defense?! You kidding me?! Defense?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!

or

(Brady's voice)
"If we can't defend, we can't defend. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about defense. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about defense. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about defense, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about defense. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about defense man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about defense. We're talking about defense man. We're talking about defense. We're talking about defense. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about defense. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about defense right now."

Satisfied with the team's pass rush?: "I'm a little more than satisfied. I'm quite sure that the questions are from stats and not really detail and watching the game. I'm watching the guys do what we're asking them to do . We're actually hitting the quarterback -- a couple of times a little late -- but we're hitting the quarterback. ... I'm not much of a stat person, I know we have been affecting some throws and we've been getting as much pressure as we possibly can from the situation that we are in."

Extra Points - New England Patriots News and Analysis - Boston.com

The Annie defense

"The D will come out tomorrow, you can bet your LT shirt, tomorrow, it will be. The defense will rise tomorrow, it will be dominant in practice tomorrow, but not the game. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow is just a game away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey