PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

E Belichick Unum

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Sports is all about nicknames, so let's try to find a name that represents the Patriot's defense. There are many that might come to mind:

1) Carpet Bomb defense
2) Air Raid Defense
3) Duck and cover defense
4) Bill's Bungles
5) Trend setting defense - Taking the new defensive rules to their maximum limit.
6) Kinder, gentler defense.
7) QB Career makers
8) QB's best friends
9) "We don't need no stinking defense" defense
10) Man on manless defense (One on none?)

How about complementary, winning defense.. probably most appropo.

A lot of down time at work today OP?

What defense?

I expect to see it improve to average (hoping it still creates trnovers as well).

For now, I call it "Air Bail"

Think about it...

Bend and Break defense. I know it's not original, but those were the first words that came to mind when I thought about the defense.:p

Last edited:
Bend and Break defense. I know it's not original, but those where the first words that came to mind when I thought about the defense.:p

I was reminded of Ron Erhardt's "Red Sea Defense", but these guys are the opposite, Maybe we should call this defense the Pearl Harbor defense?

The question mark defense?
The best is still to come defense?

I think they can be a solid defense with more time together and if they happen to get healthier by the end of the year. Right now they just aren't there.

How about complementary, winning defense.. probably most appropo.

"F" Troop defense?

The end of the NFL was near when quite accidentally, a team won some games, despite the fame of their underperforming defense. Their leader it seems, was famous for schemes, that worked and had won some big games.

The Run and **** Defense? - (Play on words of Run and Shoot...)

Last edited:
the "At Least We Have Tom Brady" defense

Last edited:
"Crash but dont burn defense"

The "We make almost every QB look like the second coming of Joe Montana" Defense

"Watch fans complain about 80% on third down while others are suffering through 6-10 seasons" defense.

Last year people kept on saying they were seeing an improvement, I was just seeing offenses making mistakes all the way to the playoffs.

This year, I am actually encourage based on what I have not see. I know I sound strange, but we have not seen any package out there, he have barely blitzed, no team can say they have tape on us come the back of the season, this also goes for offense. Teams at the moment just talk about Woodhead and BJGL. They have no idea who or what I Rookies can do. No one knows about Price.

How about: "The Hurry Up and Score Defense (Tom Wants The Ball Back)"

The "I Like our chances to keep the opposition under 500 yards" Defense

How about "Tom Brady" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey