PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nagurski, Brown or Csonka...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seacoast Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I hear that all three may be available...if so, what are your thoughts? Here is what I think...

Brown is the obvious choice, but he always had a bit of an attitude. On the other hand, I know he and BB respect each other and because of that, it might work.
Csonka in his early days he had a bit of an injury streak, and I am not sure for that reason if he makes sense, since we already have some older backs with an injury history. On the other hand, he is a proven winner and he might be able to broker a peace between the Pats organization and Shula and Mercury Morris (or, at least, translate for us what Morris is saying.)
Nagurski has probably lost more than a step or two...certainly, more than Brown or Csonka...but he always brought a toughness and a meanness which maybe the Pats need today. And, I think he was a two-way player, so perfect for the Pats system. I dont' know about his cap cost, but his training camp costs would be low, as he wouldn't need to eat and he could be kept in a jar on BB's desk until practice time.

Re: Nagurski, Brown or Csonka....

Hey, great thread man! :rolleyes:

I hate the offseason...Seriously.

So do I...hence, this thread.
It was inspired by the Westbrook, LT, Sproles thread....not that I am critical of anyone starting their own thread to talk about roster moves, but I saw that title and I couldn't help but think, great, two re-treads and a third down back....just what we need.

The sarcastic joke threads aren't funny, seriously.

It is the offseason,what do you want the people to talk about? Stop wasting space with a stupid thread.

Jim Brown was the best football player I have ever seen play, so I say if the Pats can get only one, then it is #32. The thing is, when he suddenly retired didn't he still have another year left on his contract? What would Mangini demand in compensation for his rights? Or did his contract rights move to Baltimore?

The sarcastic joke threads aren't funny, seriously.

It is the offseason,what do you want the people to talk about? Stop wasting space with a stupid thread.
How ironic....:D

Last edited:
0/10........

This thread sucks almost as much as one of mine.

I agree. And this thread doesn't suck because now, during this time of great sorrow and boredom for football fans everywhere, more people will know the story of Joe Don Looney.....:rocker: :rocker:

Whew! I am glad Pat the Pats Fan was able to bring some redeeming quality to the thread. Otherwise, think how many people would have logged onto this thread, entitled "Nagurski, Brown or Csonka", expecting it to be a serious discussion about the RB position, only to find themselves reading a thread that sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes