Welcome to PatsFans.com

NAACP news release about Vick.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by STFarmy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well, I agreed with them when they said that Vick was innocent until proven guilty. But now, predictably, they're crying about the treatment of Vick. They continue to prove their irrelevance by acting like this. They decry the "persecution" that Vick. Wonder why they were so quiet and not preaching this type of forgiveness when Imus was screwed?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/22/vick/index.html
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Because the NAACP does not support the advancement of white people and donald offended a black woman..teh problem in this case is that there is precedent as Tags was not quite as agressive as Goodell is. Goodell is handling all these case much more appropriately than Tagliabue ever did, look at Ray Lewis.. slap on the wrist. Without regard due process will run its course.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  3. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

"Vick's black, he must be under heavy persecution."
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

So they support the advancement of black people who are (or will be by their own admission) convicted criminals?
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

No idea what you mean by that, but my answer is clear they would not and do not afford the same advocacy for Imus as they would Vick.. no more nothing less. it is what it is, don't make more out of it. Due process will prevail for Vick as it did for Imus. I do not think Vick will ever play in the NFL again.
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Two problems I have with the NAACP:

1. They claim to work for all 'colored' people, but it's really only just for Blacks.

2. They are not objective, they will defend anyone Black or pull the race card whenever they can, which makes them lose credibility as well as popular support.
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I don't really expect them to adovcate for Imus, but they're calling for forgiveness on Vick when they specifically decried Imus as a bigot, wanted him fired, and showed ZERO signs of forgiveness (for something much much much much less severe). They also oppose taking away Vick's livelihood, which again, they wanted done to Imus. They're being very inconsistent. They didn't have to advocate for Imus, but they shouldn't be have called for all of the harsh penalties on one person that they oppose on another.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I've read several messageboards where there is a split on opinion as to what should be done to Vick. My feeling is that anyone who tortures and kills animals has no soul and certainly should not be in a game as dangerous and aggressive as football. Let's remember that Jeffrey Dahmer got his start killing animals.

That said, I suppose there are an awful lot of people out there who figure a dog is just a dog, so they don't regard Vick's crime as serious. I suppose that is how the leadership of the NAACP (as well as many football fans) look at it.
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There are people who look at it that way, but that's not where the NAACP is coming from. If Vick was white, they wouldn't be giving him the same benefit of doubt.

The NAACP is like a defense attorney or union spokesman: you can count on them to represent the interests of their "clients" no matter the circumstances. Give their statements the same deference you give an attorney who swears his client was framed.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Vick should be placed in a pit with 10 pitbulls, if he doesn't make it out alive, they should kill him like he did to his dogs.

have you guys seen the unreleased Nike commercial? Horrible...
    He actually put his dogs on the SHOE and talks about them in the commercial.

I $h!t you not....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbFcsdI8WYY

This guy sucks.

I agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. He pled GUILTY...so Fukc HIM!

the NAACP should not stand up for a person who kills dogs.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

What part of black can ou not understand? (kidding)

This is the problem I have with groups like these, or with anyone who holds this type of mindset. Party sheeple are another good example mind you. The problem I speak of is blind support regardless of point or principle. i.e. he is black, and therefore we will support him. He/she is Republican, therefore we will support him. This isn't to say that I don't understand why there are organizations that aim to help the advancement of person, place or thing X, it simply means that there has to be some form of sensible limitations.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

STFU you white motherf#$%!@. :D

You're just a racist SOB. :p

Don't let the 12 year old hear you say that, cuz he'll type that your a racist, and Patters will agree. Well in your case he may not. PAtters may not that is. ;)
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Oh yeah, the football fans on this site sure do. :rolleyes:
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

... agreed ...
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

16. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

I'm sorry, but any person who equates Dog Fighting to be on the same level as hunting is a complete moron and has no credibility.

That being said, the NAACP, when it was first formed, probably was a good ideal. However, that idea has clearly been bastardized by the people in control now who insist that all blacks have a "victim" mentality. In all honesty, the NAACP comes across as an organization that promotes racism against all NON-black people.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Racist Bastards.
  18. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

What a great opportunity to do some good the NAACP has just blown. What a shame. They could have used this as a time to come out strong against this behavior and the hip-hop culture that breeds it. They could have done something positive for young balck kids.

Just a terrible shame!

football related post so I'm not going back on what I said.
  19. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Sick Vick better watch his a$s when he's lifting weights with the Homey's in prison, Convicts LOVE dogs.

Good riddance to a dog killing creep.
    :bricks: