PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Myron Rolle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerRunRevival

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this guy is projected to get drafted? Last year when he played he was one of the best players in the country. I know he took a year off but if you can pick a player like that in a later round I think you need to.

I had him as one of my later round targets, but apparently from all reports, he has shown up at the Senior Bowl in great shape, and will most likely get picked in the 3-4th round range now....

From initial impressions he's moving towards Day Two, especially if he can convince NFL personnel men his decision to accept the Rhodes Scholarship does not make him any less a football junkie.

I predict that no matter where he is picked he ends up being the best of all the Rolles which is saying something because Antrelle is pro bowl caliber not and Samari was for a long time before that. I think we should take a look at him.

There is solid depth at safety, but Rolle is definitely worth a look if he's there in round 3-4. He will be a good player, and would be the classic "value pick" if he is selected after pick 100.

I have a feeling he will not last that long, however.

I wonder what he studied in England?

Last edited:
im hearing 3-4 range for another team
i dont want him, we have enough depth at S and more glaring needs we should consider with our 4th round pick or 3rd if we get one

He is suppsoed to run a 4.4 40.
He's widley known to be a 4.7 guy.
So running between a 4.4 and 4.5 would push him into the 2nd round.
Athlete | Myron Rolle

He's also one of the nation's smartest college student = excellent interviewer!
This is also going to propel him upwards.

I predict he goes early in the 2nd round.
Who doesn't want a Rhodes Scholar running their D?
I would draft this guy in the mid 2nd and he's officially one of my binkies.

I think he's going to be one of the top safeties in the NFL.
He's the type of person who sets his mind to doing something and does it.
That being said I also think he's going to retire in good time/early (early 30s) to follow his dreams of being a brain surgeon or whatever else he sets his mind to.

From initial impressions he's moving towards Day Two, especially if he can convince NFL personnel men his decision to accept the Rhodes Scholarship does not make him any less a football junkie.

The guy is a genius. He has probably forgotten more about football (as well as philosophy, physics, chemistry, and calculus) than any of us will ever know. :D

The guy is a genius. He has probably forgotten more about football (as well as philosophy, physics, chemistry, and calculus) than any of us will ever know. :D

WTF is philosophy, physics, chemistry, and calculus???

Just kidding! :cool:

He's also one of the nation's smartest college student = excellent interviewer!

Hopefully he's smart enough to realize that 4.7 won't cut it as an NFL safety. That's the value of having a graduate degree from Oxford.

Athlete | Myron Rolle

Just curious as to where you get the info that Rolle is a "widely know to be a 4.7 guy"? Supposedly 4.68 is the slowest he's ever run with a 4.48 being the fastest. And while he was studying in Oxford, he was training quite a bit for the NFL and the combine according to an interview in ESPN The Magazine.

There is a reason James Sanders came in and improved the back end. He is a smart safety. We all know he's a little short on talent but he makes up for it with smarts. I would love to see Rolle drafted. This secondary is missing it's brain, Rodney Harrison. We desperately need a savy talented safety back there to line things up. This kid would be perfect, plus he could do some ballpoint pen open heart in a pinch......

There is a reason James Sanders came in and improved the back end. He is a smart safety. We all know he's a little short on talent but he makes up for it with smarts. I would love to see Rolle drafted. This secondary is missing it's brain, Rodney Harrison. We desperately need a savy talented safety back there to line things up. This kid would be perfect, plus he could do some ballpoint pen open heart in a pinch......

Everything you say is true. But Rolle seems like another Sanders - more upside, but also further behind in the learning curve. Sanders is young and affordable.

If you draft Rolle, where do you fit him? Carry 5 safeties? Trade Sanders so that you can have a younger, cheaper version with more upside but who can't contribute immediately the way Sanders can, when Sanders is already fairly young and affordable? I just don't see it.

If we didn't have Sanders and McGowan, I'd be all for it.

If we didn't have Sanders and McGowan, I'd be all for it.

I honestly thought they wanted Delmas last year. They jumped on the next best guy after he was taken. That's not an indictment on how good Chung will be. If you can upgrade that position, you have to do it. Bring in the best guys for your team and let camp sort it out. Next year might be the perfect year to lose some dead money on the cap or take on extra bonus money.

Scout.com's Chris Steuber was interviewed from Mobile this AM on WIP in Philly. He considers Rolle only a 4th-round talent whose best contributions may come from STs. Steuber's justification is that Rolle never made enough big plays - Sacks, FFs, FRs, INTs - in college, and would therefore be hard-pressed to do so in the pros.

I agree with those who say that there are more pressing needs than drafting another Safety, even on the 3rd day.

BTW, Steuber also thinks that Taylor Mays' best pro position should be 4-3 OLB, ala Thomas Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes