PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Myron Pryor

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a little too fat to be a cornerback, don't you think?

They don't have to run,just place the big guys downfield and right at the goal line to tackle the WRs heading that way.

It seems all the opposing WRs are heading there anyway :bricks:

Sort of weird but on draft day I felt like after DE our 2nd biggest need was an interior DL. I just didn't think drafting a Safety high would fix our Secondary as much as a DT who could get pressure would. Here's to hoping Pryor comes back, is healthy, stays healthy and is effective.

Sound be interesting to watch. When he played (09,10) for us, he was mostly lining up at 5 tech. Now he will be lining up at 3 tech (his true position).

Haven't had that inside pressure since the 2010 season.

He was pretty overrated as a pass rusher two seasons ago, but he was a one-man wrecking crew week 1 last year. Hopefully he can return close to that form.

He was pretty overrated as a pass rusher two seasons ago, but he was a one-man wrecking crew week 1 last year. Hopefully he can return close to that form.

His rookie year was pretty good, imo. Lets see if he can stay healthy. This is probably the final straw.

I think Pryor and Brace both got their flu shots from that infamous lab in Massachusetts:eek:

Brace ******* stinks. The only time i noticed him during this season was when a DT got ragdolled - at the moment i was thinking that is not very Wilforkesque and after watching the replay - oh it's Brace who gave Vince a break for 1 snap.

And there was supposedly talk of him being in good shape for camp.

Sort of weird but on draft day I felt like after DE our 2nd biggest need was an interior DL. I just didn't think drafting a Safety high would fix our Secondary as much as a DT who could get pressure would. Here's to hoping Pryor comes back, is healthy, stays healthy and is effective.

You had anybody in mind for that #48 spot?

Sort of thought it would be understood that he'd wake up with the appropriate cornerback physique, but I could have been clearer. However, I'd put him at even money head-to-head with Arrington with both players as they are. Exaggeration for emphasis, but barely...

It's silly to think he could play cornerback.

You could put him at tackle and move Wilfork to safety though. Talk about head on a swivel.:nooo:

Last edited:
I felt safety was our #1 need.

Myron Pryor has potential, of that there is no question. The questions are whether he can remain healthy and play at a high level consistently. He has yet to do so in any capacity.

I look forward to seeing him back on the field in the next few weeks, as he will most certainly give Wilfork and Love some valuable rest as Deaderick and Brace perform at a level so much lower than they.

If I'm not mistaken, this is Brace's last year on his contract. Deaderick and Pryor expire next year (correct me if I am wrong).

Aside from quality DBs, DEs to pair across from Jones, this team NEEDS quality DT depth to help out Wilfork and Love. They are more run stuffing DTs while Pryor is penetrating. He will need to show some flash and health for him to remain with this team. Same goes for Brace and Deaderick. I expect a big revamp to this position soon.

Myron Pryor has potential, of that there is no question. The questions are whether he can remain healthy and play at a high level consistently. He has yet to do so in any capacity.

I look forward to seeing him back on the field in the next few weeks, as he will most certainly give Wilfork and Love some valuable rest as Deaderick and Brace perform at a level so much lower than they.

If I'm not mistaken, this is Brace's last year on his contract. Deaderick and Pryor expire next year (correct me if I am wrong).
The list of 2013 New England Patriots unrestricted free agents on defense:

Brace
Pryor
Scott
Carpenter
Koutouvides
White
Arrington
Cole
Chung

Aside from quality DBs, DEs to pair across from Jones, this team NEEDS quality DT depth to help out Wilfork and Love. They are more run stuffing DTs while Pryor is penetrating. He will need to show some flash and health for him to remain with this team. Same goes for Brace and Deaderick. I expect a big revamp to this position soon.

I agree with your thoughts on needing some significant interior pressure, no doubt about that.

If Pryor can return to health he may be able to offer that on some level.

One would assume that this issue will certainly be addressed via the 2013 draft and with a couple of vets in FA. It certainly needs to be upgraded.

The list of 2013 New England Patriots unrestricted free agents on defense:

Brace
Pryor
Scott
Carpenter
Koutouvides
White
Arrington
Cole
Chung

It will be interesting to see how all of those positions are handled, as there is an argument that we have to address some serious holes on defense.

The DL as a whole needs more depth and interior pressure. The LB's need some type of cover LB on some level, they get killed over the middle on a pretty consistent basis.

Even though all of Carpenter, Koutovides, and White are FA's and I do expect to retain at least 1-2, it would be nice to upgrade that position. They are fine for ST purposes, but do not offer what we need as a coverage LB.

An argument can be made that the return of Fletcher will help, and I agree obviously, but it's no coincidence that Belichick didn't even feel comfortable enough to use him in that role during the biggest game of the year last season.

And of course there's the secondary, which is probably (at least right now for BOTH CB/S) the team's biggest weakness. Arrington will most likely be gone one way or another, and although the possibility exists that Chung can turn it around a bit, he shouldn't really be starting either.

I think that we need lots of picks on the defensive side of the ball again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back