Welcome to PatsFans.com

my worlds have collided

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 30, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

which of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is this......?

Condoleezza Rice meets KISS

http://rawstory.com/images/new/kisssimmonscondirice.jpg

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Condoleezza_Rice_meets_KISS_and_tel_05302008.html

Condoleezza Rice may be a top diplomat who once aspired to being a concert pianist but she let her hair down a bit in Stockholm to meet the flamboyant rock group KISS.

"I was thrilled," a beaming US secretary of state told reporters Friday after meeting lead singer Gene Simmons and his three band members at the waterfront Sheraton Hotel in the Swedish capital on Thursday night.

"For someone who likes the whole range of music, it was really fun to meet KISS and Gene Simmons," Rice said on the plane taking her from a conference on Iraq in Stockholm to talks with Iceland's leaders in Reykjavik.

The gathering was held in an executive loung at the hotel after the band, which is on a European concert tour, contacted the US delegation who were in Stockholm for the Iraq Compact Review Conference, US officials said.

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

LOL. I'd love to meet Gene Simmons and/or Condi...so I'm good with it.

Effin hell though...going OT...kinda...Gene Simmons, some kinda smart, huh? Turning 4 guys with very little talent (grew up loving Kiss and still do) into KISS...my god only in America baby...only here. Not in Iran...not even in Europe...only here.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

again...I'll have to disagree with some of that...

Paul Stanley was the man who actually drew Gene Simmons back to KISS. Gene was starting up his acting life, and moving away from the music, when Paul called his to tell him how dumb he was. Gene is certainly the master marketing guy of the bunch, he was classic on celebrity apprentice this year.

I agree that these guys weren't the greatest musicians, singers, or band as a whole (Check 'Christine 16' or 'God of Thunder' to hear what bad singing is...). But what they did was create an appealing live performance and marketed the $h!t out of the band.

PS - my brother bought me and my fiance KISS cologne and perfume for christmas.

If I could only bottle the smell of the bus after the tour with Motorhead, and Iron Maiden....you'd all be smelling like ROCK with a metal aftertatste.

4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah but Gene is the guy who worked up the live act, and the one that got the label to release Alive, which in many ways was the breakthrough album. And yeah...GOfT and Christine Sixteen aren't great vocal performance...nothing to compare with the golden throats of RJD and Bruce Dickinson...but I'm talking about the whole marketing thing. All the Kiss cologne and the "kaskets" and condoms and all that.

In the end, I'm left wondering what you actually disagreed with me about, to be honest.

And that's why it's good to be...Gene....

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

That Gene was the brains....It was and IS Paul.