PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My wife asked me if I wanted to watch the Pats game tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually plan some fingers foods and prep before the game starts so that it is ready for kickoff. Then I watch the game with my husband and 2 jack russell terriers. Soon, something exciting happens in the game, we yell something and lose 1 dog (Haley). She hides upstairs for the remainder of the game, probably terrified that we are mad at her. If we get really loud, we lose the other (Nigel) to a cubby hole. Truly vicious guard dogs. :rolleyes:

Jets fan asked if I wanted to watch with his family.

Told him me and my family are all sick, so are going to watch it alone, but maybe next week.

Now wifey is saying she wants some of her girlfriends to come over and watch the game, no big deal she says, because they don't have a vested interest.

Ugh. She means well.

I watch the game alone too (though I have been to SB parties). Not so much because of distractions but because I scream a lot and pace around and my friends think I'm insane. There is NO eating until after the game. I'm too nervous.

I went over a buddies house for the Saints Colts super bowl and I don't think I will do that again (although I wouldn't have gone if it were the Patriots last year). Not that it was a bad experience but I feel like I couldn't fully enjoy the game.

i have to say ... the best thing i have done in the history of my life ... was marry my wife ... she is a die hard Jets fan (though she was not even a football fan when we got married) and even refrains from vacuuming, laundry, cleaning during the game. She even know the rules and most of the players in the league and all the players on the Jets.

Lucky I guess ....

.....with a Steelers fan and 2 ADDITIONAL kids who are not mine.
Sigh....

Someday this woman will get it.

The only thing I want to hear between 430 and 8pm tomorrow is the tv, my little boy and maybe her.

This first sentence alone is grounds for divorce. It's all sorts of wrong on so many levels.

I have no problem watching with opposing fans as long as they are into the game. I hate it when people try talking during the games and such. However, getting a DVR has significantly improved my ability to cope with others during games. I highly recommend it for those that have such a hard time with it. Watching a game shouldn't be so stressful and unenjoyable as people are making it seem.

My wife and I will be watching the game and her cousin might come over as well. I find I don't like watching Pats games with a lot of people, it's very distracting.

As long as everyone's into the game, it's fine by me. Chit-chat and socializing is cool too during some regular season games but when it comes to playoff games I like it better without too much of that:D

But really, enjoy the ride it's been a LONG time coming! If you want to study the x's and o's use a dvr and re-watch the game, it's hard to pick up everything watching it live anyway so set your DVR then just get pumped for football.

Sigh....

The only thing I want to hear between 430 and 8pm tomorrow is the tv, my little boy and maybe her.
You think thats bad? My wife told me the other day that she is going to have a party here on SB weekend. Imagine watching the Pats in the SB with a room full of people who don't care about football and don't speak english. (Not that I have anything against not speaking English as a first language, but it's that much harder to concentrate. Trust Me).

Anyways, I told her a few days later if the Pats are there she can cancel her little party...didn't go over well. lol.

I just bought this awesome 55" Vizio there is no way I'm watching it anywhere else.

Woman:bricks:

omg... I invited to friends over for the gam. one a giants fan but will rib me and make it fun, the other cares less, would have been a nice mix to add to the viewing...... two days ago, my wife tells me about 8 of her friends including some new boyfriends in the mix are coming over!!!! agggg... I said "I hope you gave them fair warning about my personality during games." I am off the hook if I throw someone out of the house! I think I will have a breakdown if the game resembles anything like the pitt/balt game yesterday!
GO PATS!!!!

You think thats bad? My wife told me the other day that she is going to have a party here on SB weekend. Imagine watching the Pats in the SB with a room full of people who don't care about football and don't speak english. (Not that I have anything against not speaking English as a first language, but it's that much harder to concentrate. Trust Me).

Anyways, I told her a few days later if the Pats are there she can cancel her little party...didn't go over well. lol.

I just bought this awesome 55" Vizio there is no way I'm watching it anywhere else.

Woman:bricks:

I wonder what would be the equivalent of that on your behalf?
Invite all your friends to her bday part and a keg?
That probably would not go over well at all.
Keep asking questions and talking through some romantic movie?

Watching the game alone FTW...hate when people are talking non stop during it

Ever since the 07 Superbowl I have refused to watch playoff games, in any sport, with opposing fans. I still don't think I've fully recovered from that

Ever since the 07 Superbowl I have refused to watch playoff games, in any sport, with opposing fans. I still don't think I've fully recovered from that

The thing is...I watched it with a die-hard Patriots crowd, and was deeply scarred anyway. In the end it wasn't the company, it was the game.

I'm a lifelong Pats fan, living in NY since 2003. My wife and I ALWAYS watch games at home with our two dogs, Jerseys on, no distractions, patsfans.com on the laptop. Today, we're breaking with routine and watching the game in a bar outnumbered by Jester fans.

I'm nervous, but winning would be a little extra fun.

I watched the Pats-steelers regular season game at my friend's place (steeler fan). He had a 70" screen. It was sweet. His uncle used to play for the steelers and his parents were at the game. At half-time, he called them to tell them to leave and banned me from his house whenever the pats play the steelers. LOL!!!!!!

LOL. Yeah it's awesome to be on the winning side at one of those gatherings. Fortunately the Pats always seem to have the Steelers numbers. I had a friend who was a Steelers fan. He never wanted to watch a Pats-Steelers game with me present again. Hehehe.

I'm gonna be rooting for the Pats to totally rout the Jets today!

I would prefer renting an isolation chamber for 3 Hours or so which is equipped with a nice large leather recliner,a 60" LCD Sony Bravia,a halftime buffet made just for one and a gun to scare and keep those that try to invade and interfere with the game infactuation away from me.

Is that asking too much? and if not where can I find something like this? :confused:

Heaven. :)

Sigh....

Who is the Steeler fan rooting for? If the Steeler fan want to see a Patriots - Steelers AFCCG, much less of a problem than if the Steeler fan wants to host the Jets at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back