PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My weird idea for the future - training in outer space

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Think it's going to be a matter of time we realize living in weightless space is a bad idea. Eventually, space stations will have spinning living quarters to generate artificial gravity. By that time, there will be commercial ventures. Someone is going to have the idea of creating 1.5G or 2G could benefit athletes when they come down to Earth and play ball.

I don't think the NFL Competition Committee will address it before 2040. :D

I'm so tired of you pro artificial gravity shills spreading your crap on every forum I read.

God created gravity 6000 years ago and that's the only gravity we'll ever experience. Stop trying to oppress true-gravity believers.

Why wait? We can do that now. Have Kraft build a huge centrifuge. Oh, btw, you think injuries might be a tad problematic? I mean sitting down too quickly breaks your tail bone (coccyx).

Even in 2040 the league will not have to address it.

wiki of coccyx

Think it's going to be a matter of time we realize living in weightless space is a bad idea. Eventually, space stations will have spinning living quarters to generate artificial gravity. By that time, there will be commercial ventures. Someone is going to have the idea of creating 1.5G or 2G could benefit athletes when they come down to Earth and play ball.

Think a bit!
Were training in high 2G grav fields an athletic advantage, the Jovian team would win the Super Bowl

I'm so tired of you pro artificial gravity shills spreading your crap on every forum I read.

God created gravity 6000 years ago and that's the only gravity we'll ever experience. Stop trying to oppress true-gravity believers.

A well grounded rebuttal!

But why so serious, man? You're really getting me down.. :D

What are you talking about?
image.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpdS6dy41WE

One time when I was a lot younger, my family forgot to pay the gravity bill. When they turned off the service, it was a HUGE mess.

Just look up,O Mighty One....:D

After doing some research and giving this lots of thought, I've decided I just don't like the idea.

that's way above my head...I'm relative to a squirrel monkey....gimme some peanuts

BeggingMonkey.jpg

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back