PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My view CB position a step forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
i disagree about size.the reason you take cb small and fast is you can run with faster WR who are running routes and cb have to react.
so in theory a cb who is faster should cover,recover and position better then a big corner.

THis is the first game in a while where we went man to man and let the front 7 play . I liked our ILB bru/mayo/guyton covered the center better and did not give up big plays.

Now for the ugly part the outside CB`s including the rookies gave up big plays but heck we all knew the day they go this way it will happen.look at kansas city and arizona. they started out bad and then their rookies have developed i think BB blew it here by waiting too long to bring this style and rookies in.

we need to make some strides in this over the coming weeks.play more man-man and jam WR. I hope that they do not go back 10 yd space to WR approach due to the beating tonight.we got the bronco`s and colts. 2 good deep teams and i want to see the CB improve.

it might be bad to think about this but for the future we atleast need 1 cb who can be put on a WR all alone and both cb as sometime be able to cover in man-man on blitzing. what the point of getting a fast CB if you play him deep all the time.

Gaurd play
DanKoppan ** He was getting pushed back constantly by jamal and our gaurd play needs to help. we cannot constanly roll gaurds to help tackles and let koppan face someone 60lbs bigger all alone.
Our gaurds need to help him and tackles need to hold. i think levoir held is own and want to see yates the 2 big guys on the right side. i actually think if they can line up the TE on the right so chip block
and let yates and dan take the NT we will have more success.No QB can do anything when your Center on his az at the snap and with no where step up.
also if they do this they can run left tackle plays with logan pulling or smashing through very good.

Last edited:
If you look at the schedule and the overall state of the AFC east, next Monday's game against the Broncos is close to "must win" territory for the Pats.

One major issue the CBs had against the Chargers is that their size was badly exploited. Deltha O'Neil didn't get burned like Duane Starks and Fernando Bryant were getting burned, but his mismatch in size was exploited. While we're in some trouble facing 6'4" Brandon Marshall, the good news is that Eddie Royal might actually be a good matchup for us. He is a short, quick guy, someone that Hobbs or Wheatley should be able to handle.

If you look at the schedule and the overall state of the AFC east, next Monday's game against the Broncos is close to "must win" territory for the Pats.

One major issue the CBs had against the Chargers is that their size was badly exploited. Deltha O'Neil didn't get burned like Duane Starks and Fernando Bryant were getting burned, but his mismatch in size was exploited. While we're in some trouble facing 6'4" Brandon Marshall, the good news is that Eddie Royal might actually be a good matchup for us. He is a short, quick guy, someone that Hobbs or Wheatley should be able to handle.

I do agree that the next few weeks, including the St. Louis game, will be a big test for the young defensive backs, and letting them play man against some of the game's getter WRs might be a valuable learning experience, even if it means another painful defensive performance or two.

Wonder what Ty Law is doing right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back