PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Top Three Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is my PREDICTION, not what I would do. Although I would be OK with this.

1a - Anthony Gonzalez. Just a gut feeling that we'll be gutting the WR from last year. I think we like him a lot, both his ability, his fit and intelligence and character.

1b - David Harris. OK, it's the bandwagon pick right now but it was a pick I have predicted for a while. Good character, need position, can play now, big, thick banger body - and after taking a Buckeye, Brady demands that we take a Wolverine.

3 - Aaron Rouse. I know some people will want to execute me and I know he has some instinct issues that maybe can't be taught. However he's a big body, big hitter, excellent athlete, good worker and very competitive. Belichick takes a shot that he can make something out of him.

I think you are getting carried away from the Boston Herald article about Gonzalez. The same thing happened to me after reading an artilce on Carriker but the writers are just picking out players from a position and predicting that if the Patriots were to take a WR or DE, it would Carriker and Gonzalez. I don't think the Pats will take Gonzalez in the first round.

I think you are getting carried away from the Boston Herald article about Gonzalez.
Actually, I haven't read a Boston paper since the FA frenzy, I have no idea what they've said. Local papers' pre draft stuff is usually subpar - I'll read their suck up pieces on our picks in a week though.

This is my PREDICTION, not what I would do. Although I would be OK with this.

1a - Anthony Gonzalez. Just a gut feeling that we'll be gutting the WR from last year. I think we like him a lot, both his ability, his fit and intelligence and character.

1b - David Harris. OK, it's the bandwagon pick right now but it was a pick I have predicted for a while. Good character, need position, can play now, big, thick banger body - and after taking a Buckeye, Brady demands that we take a Wolverine.

3 - Aaron Rouse. I know some people will want to execute me and I know he has some instinct issues that maybe can't be taught. However he's a big body, big hitter, excellent athlete, good worker and very competitive. Belichick takes a shot that he can make something out of him.

I haven't spent any time on offensive prospects this "draft season", so I can only go by what I saw watching the games. I saw Gonzalez vs. Texas, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, Cincinnati et. al... I have a hard time believing the Pats would invest their first pick in him, but stranger things have happened. I would be very happy with Harris. I don't believe Harris will be a star. He is a solid LBer with a chance to impact quickly and become a reliable multi-year starter. I'll take that every time late in rd #1.
Rouse has better potential at safety than many think. People want to move him to Cover-2 WOLB but if Bernard Pollard at 225 lbs can play well at safety, so can Rouse. Rouse may have better potential as a free safety than strong safety prospect. Rouse can become a starter. I am not informed enough to pass judgment on Gonzalez. I could live with the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back