PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Thoughts on CameraGate and why BB did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinAbq

On the Roster
Reaction score
As I sift through all of these posts nobody has posted on why they think BB did it. I would imagine that BB did it to prove a point. I think that he and his assistants were being taped during the games that have been played for awhile. It adds fuel to fire of getting headsets inside the defensive captains head and in order for him to prove that point he went out and blatantly taped signals during the first game. He wasn't trying to get a competitive edge he was showing to the league that all teams do it and he was getting fed up with teams trying to copy his schemes. BB has been pretty mum on the situation because he doesn't really give a sh*t. He knows it would of been one of the last picks in the draft anyway and he also knows that he gets the 9'ers pick. So with all that said, I think he did it on purpose to prove a point. He doesn't care about the money and he knows Kraft doesn't either. He's trying to get a competitive edge in reverse so other don't steal his signs.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: My Thoughts on CameraGate and while BB did it

As I sift through all of these posts nobody has posted on why they think BB did it. I would imagine that BB did it to prove a point. I think that he and his assistants were being taped during the games that have been played for awhile. It adds fuel to fire of getting headsets inside the defensive captains head and in order for him to prove that point he went out and blatantly taped signals during the first game. He wasn't trying to get a competitive edge he was showing to the league that all teams do it and he was getting fed up with teams trying to copy his schemes. BB has been pretty mum on the situation because he doesn't really give a sh*t. He knows it would of been one of the last picks in the draft anyway and he also knows that he gets the 9'ers pick. So with all that said, I think he did it on purpose to prove a point. He doesn't care about the money and he knows Kraft doesn't either. He's trying to get a competitive edge in reverse so other don't steal his signs.

Thoughts?

With the recent suspensions and penalties Goodell has handed down this offseason, I highly doubt Belichick would have risked draft picks and missing games just to prove a point.

If he had been suspended, I don't think too many people would have been shocked. His style forever has been "The most important game is the next one," so IMO he's not going to risk missing games.

Some of these theories are crazy. BB did it because he wanted to gain an edge, as everyone in pro sports does. Some cross the line and some don't......

IF you just take a moment to think of everything, the answer of why is quite clear. And some have already brought it up on this board. The rule states something along the lines of not being able to tape to gain an advantage "in a game".

Based on the type of person BB is, it's quite clear in my mind, that he 100% interpreted it to mean that you can't use the tapes during the game. He also has probably been doing this for some time and studying the tapes along with the game tapes, to pick up on human tendencies from the opposing coaches.

The taping was never intended to "steal signs" and never intended to be used during the game, and BB def. didn't intentionally risk draft picks by knowingly violating a rule. And BTW, the patriots voted AGAINST allowing the defense to have a headset in one of their helmets this past year. Which completely debunks your theory here

Mangini got embarassed at the hands of the pats and like a baby went and cried about something to take the focus off him and his team.

bb did it because he didn't think it was illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes