Welcome to PatsFans.com

My take on this election year

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Nov 4, 2012.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -9

#51 Jersey

From the polls I have seen and the insiders I have talked to...I see Mitt Romney winning by over 300 electoral votes and will win the popular vote by 4%.

On a side note, My father is yet again running for State Rep in Stamford, Ct. He lost the last time because he never went after the hispanic vote. This time he is and against the incumbent my father knows spanish, my father is an immigrant from Italy, gained his citizenship by serving in the Marine Corps. He is not a politician, he is just tired of the BS going on in CT. He is on the republican ticket and independent ticket this election. I honestly dont think he will win, but I know Mitt Romney will win.

My father's website... Philip Balestriere 2012
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -7

Good luck to your dad. Have you investigated his birth certificate and citizenship story? Sounds a little suspicious. ;) (Just teasing you, KDP.)
  3. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -9

#51 Jersey

IF he was running for President, I would have a problem with it :p. Its a tough city to run in. Democrat are the majority. 3:1 ratios, but my father has learned a lot from last election. He now has a REAL campaign manager and a lot more supporters, but I still think he wont win.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -7

Well, the important thing is that he's part of the process. In a democracy, no matter who wins, both sides win because the campaigns really do educate the public. Whether Obama or Romney win tomorrow, the American people are guaranteed winners because we know more about the issues and about the government than we knew before the election. Whether your dad wins or not, at least he influenced the process, and perhaps the winner (if it's not your dad) will give greater credence to some of your dad's concerns.

If Romney really is headed for a big victory as you are predicting, who knows maybe his coattails will be enough to pull your dad to victory! At any rate, I hope it's at least close enough to make it exciting for you and your family.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  5. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -9

#51 Jersey

I know we differ in political stances, but thank you!! My father deserves to win because he is such a hard worker. Here's an article from the local paper. Balestriere tries again for 148th Dist. - StamfordAdvocate
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 10 / -26

Your confidence in Romney is admirable, but highly doubt he will come out on top...

Like Dorothy, if you click your red heals three times, it may come true though.. that is about the only chance he has.
  7. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -9

#51 Jersey

This will be a Carter/Reagan Redux!
  8. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Good luck to your father, we are all luckier by having him willing to try and crack the system. It sounds like he is starting to understand the process and learn what it takes to compete. Oh if we only lived in a world where we didn't know a persons party affiliation. We could view them on their record and view them by their character. So best of luck to your father for trying to make a difference in a system that has gotten so screwed up.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 10 / -26

Only if you keep those red pumps on... Romney is not equal to Reagan, Carter is not equal to Obama.. like comparing raisins to grapefruit.
  10. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Classy....
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +444 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I expect Romney to win but it will be a relief when it actually happens. obama has turned into a nasty, divisive ass and many in the middle will be happy to see him gone. 300 minimum IMO, with Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado and even Pennsilvania and Michigan looking within reach.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012