My Take on patriotsrule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
After hearing about this about a year ago after T-Shirt and shmessy had originally discovered who was posting under those three aliases, we all knew who it was and I had let it go waiting to see if it worked itself out.

Well it appears that it has after shmessy called him out and he came clean.

Tom, I had planned on sending a PM and not making this public, but considering you did hurt a couple of people here, I'm going to voice my opinion on this. I'm just not completely willing to let it go without acknowledging and stating how wrong this was.

Considering the terrific and professional staff that works for the organization (Fred Kirsch, Paul Perillo, Andy Hart, etc.) I'm very disappointed in your actions. I'm stunned that someone who has taken a position alongside the same people who have worked extremely hard with late nights, deadlines, and years of dedication to help make the official site along with the team publication a success, would put himself in a position to embarrass them. I hate to say it, but every time someone reads an article on Patriots.com and sees your byline this is going to stick out in their minds.

I've gone back and reviewed many of your original early threads and it leaves me shaking my head. I really hope you understand the severity of what you did, and you also need to understand that your comments toward Mrs. B. were uncalled for, and you do owe her an apology. I hope to see that in the not too distant future.

You also owe your colleagues an apology, and I'm sure you'll get some ribbing from them as I'm sure by now they're aware that you've been discovered. Hopefully this is just a learning experience and I do acknowledge that you've obviously realized it was a silly thing to do and are obviously sorry you did it. However I do agree with the notion that had shmessy and T-Shirt not called you on it it may have not become public knowledge. Regardless I do hope you can now focus on your job, and that is to work on bringing information to all the fans who enjoy reading about the team. We all make mistakes, but the best people learn from them and become better for it. Hopefully that's what happens in your case.

That's my take on the subject. I'm going to lock this thread, and you can PM me with any other questions.

Ian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill