PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MY SPECULATION!!!:Belichick may have to resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Think about this possibility rationally!

I'm as big a fan of this team as any of you.

I had to take an extra Cymbalta today as I was feeling VERY down about Goodell's newest actions.

This thing is now completely blown out of proportion and snowballing badly.

Alot of it, BB has brought upon himself. All those traits that made him unique and beloved by us are biting him in the ass. The arrogance, the bad relationship with the media, the heavy handed tactics he uses when dealing and speaking to our competition.

He's not a guy who's going to change his stripes even in this situation.

I can completely imagine BB telling Goodell that he interpreted the rules in this fashion and he did nothing wrong as the rules apparantly require reclarification.

If this is what happened, Goodell would rightfully be pissed because 31 other teams understand the rules completely.

This is why Goodell is taking these further actions.

NOT because he's a former Jet employee or succumbing to media/league pressures.

I would like to think in my hope of hopes that this will be a confiscation measure just to assure the Pats won't use what they have against future opponents.

But truthfully, the reputation of the team that Kraft has rebuilt since the Sullivan era is not damaged and I am 100% sure that this is KILLING him.

In Kraft's mind, the only way to salvage and repair his franchises reputation may be to have BB resign/fired and ask Goodell behind the scenes to somehow prevent Belichick from taking another coaching job for a couple of years or 3.

This is not going to blow over soon. Even if we continue our winning ways.

Re: Belichick may have to resign

Dude, take a valium...

I had to take an extra Cymbalta today as I was feeling VERY down about Goodell's newest actions.

Alot of it, BB has brought upon himself. All those traits that made him unique and beloved by us are biting him in the ass. The arrogance, the bad relationship with the media, the heavy handed tactics he uses when dealing and speaking to our competition.

I can completely imagine BB telling Goodell that he interpreted the rules in this fashion and he did nothing wrong as the rules apparantly require reclarification.

If this is what happened, Goodell would rightfully be pissed because 31 other teams understand the rules completely.

I would like to think in my hope of hopes that this will be a confiscation measure just to assure the Pats won't use what they have against future opponents.

But truthfully, the reputation of the team that Kraft has rebuilt since the Sullivan era is not damaged and I am 100% sure that this is KILLING him.

In Kraft's mind, the only way to salvage and repair his franchises reputation may be to have BB resign/fired and ask Goodell behind the scenes to somehow prevent Belichick from taking another coaching job for a couple of years or 3.

Why post total crap with no basis? Could the mods move this to some sort of clown forum or lock it?

I would say that this is not worthy of a new thread at a time like this. Fear and speculation? Do we need more?

Look again at the claims being made by opinion-makers like Mortensen. There are no "new actions" being taken--this is a new media spin, on existing statements that are old now, to up excitement during a lengthy countdown to a much-hyped game.

With all respect, reactions like this help feed the problem's fire.

I didn't read your post because there is no rational reason why Belichick would need to step down.

No one want to hear it , not me, but your right... Ive been saying Kraft feels ashamed right now, betrayed, you name it... Belichick has brought the Pats glory, but now what cost, of some video tape incident, that now may look like the begining of the end of this Patriot dynasty... Look I would rather be talkin about how Belichick will shut down LT, and Brady will be picking apart the Chargers.. But its not going to happen, I think no matter what happens win , lose or draw, Bill Belichick is gone after this yr.. And it will never know the reason why he did use a camera when Majudias, would rat him out in a second...

No one want to hear it , not me, but your right... Ive been saying Kraft feels ashamed right now, betrayed, you name it... Belichick has brought the Pats glory, but now what cost, of some video tape incident, that now may look like the begining of the end of this Patriot dynasty... Look I would rather be talkin about how Belichick will shut down LT, and Brady will be picking apart the Chargers.. But its not going to happen, I think no matter what happens win , lose or draw, Bill Belichick is gone after this yr.. And it will never know the reason why he did use a camera when Majudias, would rat him out in a second...

Yeah, maybe Kraft will coach the team. He looked pretty good working out Tebucky with that stop watch.

After Kraft single handedly won three Super Bowls, it's a shame how BB has disgraced him.:rolleyes:

Knock yourselves out with the Cymbalta and valium...

Now that the tape has gotten into league hands, the worm will turn big time - off BB onto Roger. There is no integrity in this league, Belichick is the least of their problems. Former players and coaches, with the exception of the moron comedy fringe like the QB who led a team full of steriod abusers to multiply superbowls or the horses ass with lips whose team repeatedly cheated the cap and got caught while winning 2 - the only 2 his HC ever won, know this.

BTW I agree personal angst driven rants like this belong in the Pub.

Nobody wants to hear or think of this possibilty.......I SURE AS HELL DON'T.

But it's fan denial. I'm sufferring from it as well as alot of folks who have responded to this thread.

I didn't think this way yesterday.

But today's news made me change my tune.

If this all ended Friday, I wouldn't be worried. But the fact that Goodell is contunuing his investigation and promising more punishment is NOT a good sign.

Compare thsi to any punitive situation you've seen in sports history and this is as bad as it gets. People have had to resign for MUCH less.

Goodell is too busy listening to all of the talking heads and fans of all teams around the league.

Wait a little bit for this to play out. There are more and more ex players and coaches that are defending the Pats. This will go away in a little while. BB will not have to resign and he will prove his coaching genius once again without using these exact type of tapes again. The whole thing has blown up into something that it is not and will be shown as such at a later date.

Try not to be so reactionary.

By the way, goody goody Goodel doesn't make it to 2008 as commissioner.

You heard it here first.

Barney Fife has misfired once too often, you can't just suspend every player and coach in the NFL.

Nobody wants to hear or think of this possibilty.......I SURE AS HELL DON'T.

But it's fan denial. I'm sufferring from it as well as alot of folks who have responded to this thread.

I didn't think this way yesterday.

But today's news made me change my tune.

If this all ended Friday, I wouldn't be worried. But the fact that Goodell is contunuing his investigation and promising more punishment is NOT a good sign.

Compare thsi to any punitive situation you've seen in sports history and this is as bad as it gets. People have had to resign for MUCH less.

Have you ever stopped to consider the possibility that the competition committee's motivation behind the sting, the media leaks, and now the video leak was to force Goodell's hand publicly to act against the Pats, with the ultimate goal to force BB's resignation over trumped up charges? The whole league does the exact same thing, according to multiple super bowl winning coaches. If BB resigns, the conspirators in this will have attained their goal. This was about beating the Pats off the field when they can't beat them on it.

Yeah, maybe Kraft will coach the team. He looked pretty good working out Tebucky with that stop watch.

After Kraft single handedly won three Super Bowls, it's a shame how BB has disgraced him.:rolleyes:

Dude no one could do a better job coaching this team then Bill Belichick, and I would not want anyone else coaching this team, but Kraft is taking hits over this.. I think this whole thing is dumb and stupid, I want to end as much as anybody, but it has not been a great few weeks for the franchise, and Belichick ..

if Belichick has to step down, than every other coach in the league needs to as well for doing the same thing at some points in their career. Gimme a break.

I don't see the man doing this unless Kraft pushes him out the door, which would be Kraft's biggest business blunder ever.

If Kraft forces BB to resign after this season, all because of this petty ****, regardless of how ashamed or embarrased he is, I will forever have no respect for the man. We all think Kraft is a great business man, inside and out, right? Well, he is, and he knew about this ****. No way he didnt.

Belichick is more responsible then anyone in that organization for making it the way it is, and Kraft understands that. I believe Kraft is too compassionate to let his personal pride ruin all that Belichick has done for him and that organization. Make BB step down, and it just shows you're a puppet.

There are not enough words or derisive adjectives to describe YOU and this thread and this TITLE, which indicates that there's some kind of REPORT out there that he "may have to resign."

NEVER POST HERE AGAIN. You are a totally reprehensible and irresponsible jerk. GET OUT.

no matter what happens win , lose or draw, Bill Belichick is gone after this yr.. And it will never know the reason why he did use a camera when Majudias, would rat him out in a second...

This is also RIDICULOUS, LUDICROUS, ASININE, BIZARRE. What a spaz.

If Kraft does indeed push BB out, that would be a bone headed business decision. Esp. with millions and millions $ Kraft is investing in Patriot Place.
IF BB gets pushed out, Pats with all their talent would be just another AFC East team, and Kraft would be up having a dead beat investment in his hand.

This thread is awful. Slagathor, you should be ashamed. Change your name to Chicken Little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes