PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My second favorite Pats non-game moment of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some that stand out....

The applause for Daryl Stingley during that Monday Night Game years ago....

Rodney Hugging Larry Centers....

"Hey 12, you're the man. YOU ARE THE MAN."....

"Choosing to be introduced as a team...."....

I believe it was 1970 "The Big Flush" just before they opened Shaffer stadium.
Or the first draft ever for the Pats they took someone who was dead,but they didn't know it for three days. :D Excuse me i have to be my usualle wise azz self before i get down to the real thing.

I would have to say Rodney crying after winning his first SB,or beating the fins in Miami to win the right to play in the AFCCG in 1985.

Last edited:
Thanks! Glad to be here.
I'll second that welcome. I like the basis of your username too. The 3 TB's are all amongst my favorite Pats of all time too.

I'll second that welcome. I like the basis of your username too. The 3 TB's are all amongst my favorite Pats of all time too.

Yeah... another nice thing about those guys is that they are lifetime Patriots (at least so far anyway, and I can't imagine any of them leaving NE).

I used to include Tully Banta-Cain in that list, although he was pretty much only there because of his initials. He doesn't quite rank amongst the greatest of the Pats. And now he's gone to SanFran.

i would have to say when we traded up a few years back and drafted Chad Jackson at the beginning of the 2nd round. That's been paying off big dividends ever since. BB is the man.

(I'm sorry Patjew, i couldn't help it)

:singing:

Wow this is a tough one for me as I have been spoiled with my Patriot memories. Belichick dinners, Player run ins, The fun surounding the SB trips, just talking football with Papa Joe, and many others.

non-game related I would have to say my coolest memory would have to be Walking down the ramps leaving Alltell Stadium after SB 39. We were a dynasty and me and my brothers were coming up with anything cool to say on our way down.

I shouted each individual letter D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y and the crowd retourted DYNASTY DYNASTY DYNASTY.

I sang Cry Eagles Cry onward to deafeat.

just holding up 3 fingers in amazement.

Shouting How you feel about a dynasty being born the crowd retourted AAAAAWWWEEE YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

A moment that I hold higher in my memory than this would be the phone call to Papa Joe after SB 36. You see Papa Joe is the reason I have all of my Patriot memories. Aside from the obvious he created my father who created me, he created the Patriot religion in our family. He got season tickets when they first came to town in 1960, he did give them up for a few years still attending and following and loving his team. When they finnally got a home to call there own he renewed his season tickets and they have been in the family ever since. He and My father taught me 90% of what I know about football. To call him after the game and hear his roar which historiccly was load was my favorite non-in game related memories. I put the other one first because I thuoght it was cooler for you guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back