PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My second favorite Pats non-game moment of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
(The first being Tom and Willie in the tunnel before SB 36).

-----------------
“Man I’m glad we got you.”

“Thank you for believing in me.”

“Ah, you bet.”

“Yeah... (tearing up)”

“You know it, you know it. We got one more now”

“Yes sir.”
-----------------

Always, ALWAYS gets me.

BB & Rodney after the 2004 AFC Championship victory over the Colts.

QB12

(The first being Tom and Willie in the tunnel before SB 36).

-----------------
“Man I’m glad we got you.”

“Thank you for believing in me.”

“Ah, you bet.”

“Yeah... (tearing up)”

“You know it, you know it. We got one more now”

“Yes sir.”
-----------------

Always, ALWAYS gets me.

That's Rodney and BB, right?

That's Rodney and BB, right?

Right, after the 2003 AFCCG.

Sorry, wasn't trying to make this a quiz. I guess I've watched this so many times I forgot it wasn't obvious.

BB & Rodney after the 2004 AFC Championship victory over the Colts.

QB12

Correct. Year 2004, Season 2003.

Right, after the 2003 AFCCG.

Sorry, wasn't trying to make this a quiz. I guess I've watched this so many times I forgot it wasn't obvious.

Yea, I love the raw emotion of that moment. Special.

Although Bill probably wished at the time the camera did not capture it, I'm glad it did.

Thinking about that year, the year of disrespect. Rodney brought with him a massive chip, genuinely believing that nobody other than the Patriots believed in him. He was a force on the field. Flying around back there, acting like a heat-seeking missle coming to the ball, picking off errant throws. The sheer thrill he brought to every game.

Listening to him talk all season. "Nobody thinks we can do it, that's ok. We like it like that", "Keep disrespecting us" ect...Filled all of us with tremendous pride for our team. Galvanized the fan base as much as the team. The disrespect card became an integral part of the team, it's branches seeping all the way to the quarterback. All because of Rodney.

Then, the Patriots utter dominance over Indy. We had done it, Rodney Harrison had done it. All of us pulling so hard not only for the team, but for this great player who had contributed so much to the game of football. The media, other fans, other teams disrespecting the Patriots by refusing to aknowledge the defense. All over the Colt's jock all season. Nobody believed in us.

That small exchange was the perfect articulation of all the emotion that had built up all season. Finally culminating two weeks later in that enduring image of Rodey, left arm in sling, right held triumphantly in the air, confetting falling, tears streaming down his face. One of the greatest moments in sports I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Thinking about that year, the year of disrespect. Rodney brought with him a massive chip, genuinely believing that nobody other than the Patriots believed in him. He was a force on the field. Flying around back there, acting like a heat-seeking missle coming to the ball, picking off errant throws. The sheer thrill he brought to every game.

Listening to him talk all season. "Nobody thinks we can do it, that's ok. We like it like that", "Keep disrespecting us" ect...Filled all of us with tremendous pride for our team. Galvanized the fan base as much as the team. The disrespect card became an integral part of the team, it's branches seeping all the way to the quarterback. All because of Rodney.

Then, the Patriots utter dominance over Indy. We had done it, Rodney Harrison had done it. All of us pulling so hard not only for the team, but for this great player who had contributed so much to the game of football. The media, other fans, other teams disrespecting the Patriots by refusing to aknowledge the defense. All over the Colt's jock all season. Nobody believed in us.

That small exchange was the perfect articulation of all the emotion that had built up all season. Finally culminating two weeks later in that enduring image of Rodey, left arm in sling, right held triumphantly in the air, confetting falling, tears streaming down his face. One of the greatest moments in sports I have ever seen.

And that's why I love this moment and # 37.

Wow, very well-put!

Your post gave me chills. Jesus the lombardi needs to come back to title town!

That image, and the image of Tedy, cold, dirty, sweaty, hands on hips after a big stop, breath visible from the cold are two of my favorites.

Another favorite of mine is the spontaneous throwing of snow, to the beat no less, after Tedy's interception and TD against Jags(?). It's just not the same when they show that moment w/out the music! The players really got a kick out of that as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another favorite of mine is the spontaneous throwing of snow, to the beat no less, after Tedy's interception and TD against Jags(?). It's just not the same when they show that moment w/out the music! The players really got a kick out of that as well!

The Miami game, right after Tedy scored on the pic late in the 4th. Great memory.....

sorry to call you out but you would think the details on a favorite memory would be a little more clear.

Last edited:
Tom Brady holding his head in both hands with his elbows up in the air in the SB36 celebration. He's got this look on his face like he's thinking "What have I done?!!!"

Also Bill and Steve Belichick getting the 2 for 1 ice water shower!

4207519194f4d-62-1.jpg

Joe Andruzzi after 9/11.

The 9/11 mention ties into one of my favorite non-game memories.

In the first home game on 9/23, the Patriots had a MA state trooper sing the national anthem. When they first introduced him, I did not expect anything special. Then, when the trooper began to tell a story about Francis Scott Key and the writing of the anthem instead of immediately singing, I began to wonder where he was going. It turned out I had no reason to doubt the guy. The narrative was fantastic and he did a great job with the anthem. Definitely a more special moment than getting some "name" singer or celebrity to do it.

Of course, I didn't record the game, so if my recollection is off or if anyone knows more details, let me know.

sorry to call you out but you would think the details on a favorite memory would be a little more clear.

No problem, I can handle picky people with the best of them....Not too clear only on who we had played, that it was either the Jags or Miami, you know, one of those hothouse teams!:rolleyes: In any case, I choose to remember very clearly my team, and that special moment, not necessarily the opponent! What are you, the memory police?::bricks:

Last edited by a moderator:
That conversation hits on so many things that are so great about our team.

“Man I’m glad we got you.” - The ability that Belichick and Pioli have in analyzing players and finding just the right people with the right talents and passion! is just amazing. They find guys who were good and make them great... they get guys who were great and make them blow-your-mind phenomenal: Rodney for one, and Seau, Welker, Vrabel, Dillon, Moss, etc. I can't wait to see how they do with the guys they picked up this off-season like Victor Hobson, Sam Aiken, etc.

“Thank you for believing in me.” - One endearing characteristic of the Patriots is that the players and coaches believe in each other and really stand behind each other. They're a tight-knit group like a great family, and that's something the fans can enjoy and be proud of. There's no in-fighting or problems in the locker room.

“Ah, you bet.”

“Yeah... (tearing up)”

“You know it, you know it. We got one more now” - I know the Pats enjoy their victories, but I really appreciate the focus that they have on working hard and not getting distracted until the job is done.

“Yes sir.” - You can really see the respect that the players have for Coach Belichick - even the guys who came in with a chip on their shoulder or a perceived attitude or whatever. Belichick is their General, and they will follow him into battle wherever he leads.

I love this team, and I can't wait to watch them play this year. It's too bad that so many people have their minds set to hate the Pats because they are really missing out on experiencing the greatest team of our time. What a shame.

That conversation hits on so many things that are so great about our team.

“Man I’m glad we got you.” - The ability that Belichick and Pioli have in analyzing players and finding just the right people with the right talents and passion! is just amazing. They find guys who were good and make them great... they get guys who were great and make them blow-your-mind phenomenal: Rodney for one, and Seau, Welker, Vrabel, Dillon, Moss, etc. I can't wait to see how they do with the guys they picked up this off-season like Victor Hobson, Sam Aiken, etc.

“Thank you for believing in me.” - One endearing characteristic of the Patriots is that the players and coaches believe in each other and really stand behind each other. They're a tight-knit group like a great family, and that's something the fans can enjoy and be proud of. There's no in-fighting or problems in the locker room.

“Ah, you bet.”

“Yeah... (tearing up)”

“You know it, you know it. We got one more now” - I know the Pats enjoy their victories, but I really appreciate the focus that they have on working hard and not getting distracted until the job is done.

“Yes sir.” - You can really see the respect that the players have for Coach Belichick - even the guys who came in with a chip on their shoulder or a perceived attitude or whatever. Belichick is their General, and they will follow him into battle wherever he leads.

I love this team, and I can't wait to watch them play this year. It's too bad that so many people have their minds set to hate the Pats because they are really missing out on experiencing the greatest team of our time. What a shame.

Nice first post. Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey