PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My SB Reaction and what next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well that sucked plain and simple. But I am proud of this team, they fought their asses off all season. They kept digging thru all the hate (no defense, no deep game, cant win like this). They were a team that despite falling behind several times never gave up and were the true definition of team.

I think we should all be proud that this team is AFC Champs and I think we should all recognize how hard it is to go 3 for 5 in SBs.

Now to my real point in making this thread. What is next?

Well that is simple IMO I welcome just about everyone back to try and compete for a spot next year but outside of a very select few I don't think anyone's job should be safe. We can upgrade just about anywhere and I will be ok with it. I think QBs and TEs can be excluded from this (I would welcome upgrades here too just not very plausible).

Other than that though I think the focus should be on the defensive side of the ball and at WR.

I think you can go up and down the roster and find guys at all positions that you would be happy to go to battle with but I think almost any of these guys could be upgraded. DBs for example we all like Chung and Mccourty and we may have found a player in Sterling Moore and Arrington had a career year but I think we would all cringe if all 4 guys were starters next year. What I would like to do here would be keep all 4 and even keep Ihedibo but replace two or 3 in the starting lineup. Adding to our depth and talent level.

Well that is simple IMO I welcome just about everyone back to try and compete for a spot next year but outside of a very select few I don't think anyone's job should be safe. We can upgrade just about anywhere and I will be ok with it. I think QBs and TEs can be excluded from this (I would welcome upgrades here too just not very plausible).

Other than that though I think the focus should be on the defensive side of the ball and at WR.

As a complete noob, I need to get up to speed on the Patriots' draft. But offhand you are right. The Super Bowl showed just how (almost) non-existent the pass rush was, giving Eli too much time to successfully make those third-down conversion that were killing. At the same time, with Brady getting up there a good QB down the way would be good - hopefully good scouting is being done.

Looking forward to April already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back