PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My random thoughts on game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
First the positive:

*Great to see Welker making an impact. The replay even showed how he was open on the play Brady had to scramble out. He's getting separation and that is great to see.

*Gronkowski is looking good. The determination and strength he showed on his first TD gets me really fired up about him.

*Props to Crumpler on a great catch on the sideline on a crazy play from start to finish. Because of his age and great blocking ability, it's easy to forget he was one of the better pass catching TEs in the NFL at one point.

*Brady continues to look accurate. I know it was against backups but his deep pass to Moss was money.

*Faulk continues to be Faulk.

*It was another game without a turnover for us and we took one from them.

Now the negative:

*The defense looked mostly horrible. In the first two games, they kept plays in front of them and tackled beautifully. This game they did neither. I guess it's good to get your butt kicked before the games count but it was tough to watch tonight. Letting the backups march down the field on our starters was brutal.

*At times when the defense did make a play, penalties killed them. Banta-Cain's roughing penalty was horrible timing. We had just scored the Gronk TD and forced a 3-and-out to give Brady a chance to run the 2 minute drill and take the lead before halftime. His penalty kept the Rams on the field and led to a FG. That's a play that could have haunted us had it been a real game.

*I know it's not Patriots related but I hated to see Donnie Avery get hurt like that. I knew it wasn't good and you could even see it on Welker's face. I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

*We didn't have the balance on offense that we had against the Saints and Falcons. We didn't try to run much and when we did it wasn't for many yards.

Why does our pass defense suck year after year? I read the board and all you ppl are complaining about this player is a stiff and that player blew a coverage. People need to start pointing finger at the defense genius. What hell is he teaching? A below average team like StL can kick our butts like that? How many times have we seen average teams look unstopable against us? why is it always player's fault but never BB's fault?? The last time I checked, this is BB's roster, BB's defense and BB's show. And why is he not able to address the same problem that existed for years. NO PASS RUSH. Why is so hard for us yet other teams can do it? Even Raiders have good pass rush. Unbelievable!! A team without defense can't go far. Good luck with regular season. :mad:

Last edited:
Classy move by Welker,giving a handshake to Avery when he was being carted off.

Banta-Cain is becoming a problem with those roughing calls....I think he had 3 last year.Those are devestating penalties.

Butler is headed down the depth chart if he doesn't tackle better.

Sure hope Meriweather is ok....can't picture Sanders playing full-time at FS.

Does this team ever run right over Neal and Vollmer....I know they're a left-handed team,but.......jeezus.

I'm glad TBC got the roughing penalty. Atleast someone is hitting the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back