PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My random thoughts on certain players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick hinted

Belichick hinted in his presser and Fred and Christian extrapolated on the post game that the plan going in as it often is was to stop the run on first and second downs and force them into long yardage and that didn't allow for much in the way of safety help or pressure on the QB. I guess given his teams slow starts and difficulty running the ball Norv decided to go agressive and pass (deep on first and second downs) to run. We never really adjusted and except for a few drops it could have been worse. I think Bill underestimated Vincent Jackson in the absence of Chambers. And he overestimated what a still struggling Gates and LaDanian might do. The Chargers played like a team with their season on the line, and we played like a team that expected the opponent to play right into their plans.

Leaving 14 points on the field in the first half kind of sealed our doom. But our inability to score from the 2 on four tries just underscored it. That they could then drive 98 yards for another score just put the exclamation on it. A really poorly conceived defensive game plan they couldn't seem to adjust out of coupled with inconsistent execution on offense which has become this seasons trademark. You don't win those game with any backup QB.

Mo, how much of the defenses issues are tied to Pees?
I only ask, because like last year, BB seams to be spending alot of time coaching up the d, and not the offense. Have you seen this too?

Mo, how much of the defenses issues are tied to Pees?
I only ask, because like last year, BB seams to be spending alot of time coaching up the d, and not the offense. Have you seen this too?

Who knows. He certainly doesn't have the fire Romeo did, but at the end of the day all the DC does here is implement Bill's system and game plan. Mangenius struggled in his one shot at the post and we all thought it was on him because Bill took over down the stretch. Haven't seen Bill doing the coaching on the knee routine since the SB. Tonight he just kind of stood there looking befuddled that a good week of practice wasn't translating into a great game... I think they just totally miscalculated their approach to this team, maybe they planned for the team they are used to facing and got a whole different bunch to deal with because Norv shook things up with his back to the wall and the success that resulted in even carried over to his D.

And they not only never adjusted, by the 4th quarter you were seeing signs of wide spread confusion on the field. For the last 3 seasons perhaps working around issues we have not played like a team you have to beat on D, but more like a D looking to not get beat (if that makes any sense). I assume it's a sign of transition as our smartest players are aging and are youngsters ain't smart enough to multi-task weekly. We certainly don't scare anyone any more and only tend to confuse the easily confused. And we're just not talented enough to play straight up base D.

Tom's helped cover for as much of that as he has the OL. But even he hasn't been able to cover enough.

Randy has NOT played with worse QBs. Cassel is one of the worst QBs the league has seen in many years.
Apparently you do not watch many NFL games...other than the Patriots..

Wow did cassell beat you up a a kid or something there have been a lot worse QB's in the game hell Tavaris jackson got Benched for a guy that gave himself an injury hitting his head on a brick wall on purpose.

Are you telling me that you would rather have Tyler Thigpen, Rex Grossmen or Chris Redmon.

I rather have Grossman, sure he throws picks but he also makes plays. Cassel just throws picks & makes no plays. Its getting VERY frustrating watching Cassel under throw Moss on what would be sure TD's several times per game.

Its getting VERY frustrating watching Cassel under throw Moss on what would be sure TD's several times per game.

Don't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes