My questions about Kraft & BB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The latest story from Mort has me sitting here wondering:

How long will the silence out of Patriot Place go on for and why are they being so quiet??

Where is the fight from the Patriots??

Are we that wrong here after all and will this end with Championship flags being removed and BB ridden out of town??

Nobody in this world is more of a Patriot fan than I am...NOBODY.

Amen

The silence from Kraft is DEAFENING:

I hope he stands up at this point and fights back a little. His franchise is being sh*t upon by a brand new commisioner.

If Kraft does not respond it must mean one of two things:

1) There is more to the story than we know about
2) Goodell has compromising pictures of Robert Kraft with a NE Patriots cheerleader

The NFL is trying to take down this team

This was a conspiracy in place before the season even began. It was sting launched by the competition committee against our team, because of the Pats dominant offseason. It was about Randy Moss for a 4th rdr, Adalius Thomas at a discount, Stallworth for peanuts, 3 Sbs, fame and money. I really hope any of you who doubted this from the beginning are beginning to understand what is really happening. This is about artificially leveling the playing field, bringing the Krafts down a notch, humiliating the franchise. For that reason the Krafts need to strike back, and the best way is to make sure there is no salary cap for the next CBA.

Pony, when you talk about no salary cap you seem to refer to Kraft as having sole power to make that happen - can you explain just a little how much Kraft could control that ?

I think everyone in here needs to calm down. Most likely nothing will come of this most recent development.

Pony, when you talk about no salary cap you seem to refer to Kraft as having sole power to make that happen - can you explain just a little how much Kraft could control that ?

BF,
The league was on the verge of going without one during the last negotiations. There is a powerful block of owners who would embrace that change, which would bring the league back to its pre-1994 salary structure. It was Jonathan Kraft who created the revenue sharing framework that enabled a compromise between small and large market owners. Without his brilliant work, the league would have gone into 2006 without any salary cap. This same struggle among the owners will rear its head again. Who will step forward next time, sacrificing the interests of his own franchise, to meet the needs of Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Jacksonville? I seriously doubt the Krafts will stick their neck out again. I believe they will side with Dallas, Washington, Houston and others and end the small market subsidies. A swing in the allegiance of PAtriot ownership away from compromise toward the capless system will be enough to wreck the CBA. This will temporarily throw the league into chaos, but afterwards Indianapolis among other teams will be at a major economic disadvantage. Since I believe Polian, Fisher and the others on the competition committee, not to mention their respective owners, are the moving forces behind this current fiasco, I see no reason to pull punches. Pull the plug on Indy, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, and the other jackals tearing at the Patriot legacy. Pick up the pieces later. When you are attacked by wild dogs, and you have a rifle, you don't throw sticks at them.

Last edited:
Thanks Pony, I don't follow all that stuff too closely. It goes without saying that the Patriots have little to lose with no cap given that the Krafts own the stadium and are a big market team. They have access to revenue streams that most teams could only dream about.

BB probably has to go for Bob Kraft to save face in the NFL and get

Goodell off the team's back. Goodell has probably already suggested

firing BB to Bob Kraft. Bob Kraft and Goodell might have an agreement

to let BB coach this year so as to give the Pats sufficient time to find

a suitable coach. I don't think Goodell will ever let the matter drop

until BB is gone.

Last edited:
Goodell sux....I am not very computer savy but I think someone from this site needs to start a Goodell sux Web Site with some sort of petition on it cause this dude is pissing me off. I was all set to shut up and take the penalty but he has to keep it going. It would be like if a guy is being arrested for drug dealing, you caught him in the act and you are charging him for the crime. once you have charged him you dont turn around and say well if dealt once he had to deal prior and investigate for that too. I think everyone has made the assumption already that the jets game prolly wasnt the only time...why does Goodell need to keep this sh** going WTF

Kraft is the most influential owner in the NFL. I would be shocked if Goodell and Kraft haven't spoken about this issue last year, in the pre-season and this week.

If we believe that this is a first time occurrence (pretty silly I think, given Goodell's statement), then it should not be a surprise that the Kraft's haven't made lots of statements. After all, we are talking about an incident that is just less than a week old. Give it time, Kraft will speak out.

In any case, let's trust Kraft to protect the franchise and the NFL, and trust Belichick to be the best coach in the league. And let's have an emergency owners meeting to approve electronic transmissions to defense players!!!

BB probably has to go for Bob Kraft to save face in the NFL and get

Goodell off the team's back. Goodell has probably already suggested

firing BB to Bob Kraft. Bob Kraft and Goodell might have an agreement

to let BB coach this year so as to give the Pats sufficient time to find

a suitable coach. I don't think Goodell will ever let the matter drop

until BB is gone.

I think Kraft just made his statement by having the extension known. 2013 wooo hoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes