PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasVegasPatsFan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I predict that the BB will start running up the score board ala 2007. Running up the score board all started after the 2006 AFCCG when we had a comfortable lead and BB let it slip away. He was embarrassed by Colts comeback for playing soft the 2nd half and not continuing the onslaught that took place in the first half. The next year he wanted to seek revenge and that was by running up the scores. I feel now that this has happened again, he is pissed and will most likely run up the score board just to make a statement that he wont let this happen again. Hopefully he wont make the same mistake the 3rd time.

I predict that the BB will start running up the score board ala 2007. Running up the score board all started after the 2006 AFCCG when we had a comfortable lead and BB let it slip away. He was embarrassed by Colts comeback for playing soft the 2nd half and not continuing the onslaught that took place in the first half. The next year he wanted to seek revenge and that was by running up the scores. I feel now that this has happened again, he is pissed and will most likely run up the score board just to make a statement that he wont let this happen again. Hopefully he wont make the same mistake the 3rd time.

I think he had another reason for that. However, that said, there is no running up the score in the NFL as Sunday night underscored.

This isn't 2007 with a new Moss and Welker offense. The league has seen it. There is film on it. The better teams have held it (relatively) in check.

Scoring a boatload of points isn't something that you can turn on with a switch because you're pissed.

Regards,
Chris

The idea of turning it on or off may be flawed, but certainly not the underlying idea that we have to keep scoring if you can because you just never know what could happen at the end of the game!

Dont think it is possible. That team had a better TE core (especially blocking TE in Brady), Brady was better that year, Moss was 2 yrs younger, Gaffney and Mr Vehicular Manslaughter (really good talent, could easily be 1000 yard receiver) was better than Tate...uh....whoever plays across from Moss, and everyone on the OL was 2 years younger which is not cancelled out by coming-out party of Vollmer.

Plus, scoring a lot of points dont really win games, especially in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I guess I don't follow the premise that running up the score was revenge for losing to the Colts; how does beating the Bills or Redskins by a large margin exact revenge against Indy?

I sure hope it happens, but don't count on it. In order to run up the score, the defense is going to have to do its part as well.

I think we need to add one more star WR to really score big points. I love Moss and Welker of course, but some help would be nice.

I sure hope it happens, but don't count on it. In order to run up the score, the defense is going to have to do its part as well.

Uhhhh the defense was 2nd in the league in points allowed going into last week. I think thats doing its part....

What I meant by running up the score was that having the offense play 60 minutes and not playing "not to loose" after gaining a large lead. Both Colts games the play calling was conservative at best after taking that large lead. The pats could have scored at will. That was the mind set in 2007 when the offense continued with the agressive play calling which resulted in running up the score. I will be shocked if the play calling is anything but aggressive here on out regardless of having a large lead

Last edited:
I sure hope you're right, OP. The only piece this team is missing right now is unrelenting aggressiveness. Even against the Titans, we went soft in the 2nd half (because we could). F that. Everyone loves to bash us anyway.

True Warriors strive for complete and utter annhilation of the enemy. In fact, that is their duty and anything less is failure. No mercy. That's what we have to do. ***k anyone who whines about Pats not playing nice, running up the score, yadda yadda

Last edited:

I think you will see the team play the rest of season with the same kind of rage and focus which they had after Spygate in 2007. They are made as hell and won't take any prisoners. They will get teams down early, stomp on them, and not let them back in. Any criticism of running up the score can easily be answered - "Indy came back down 17 in the 4th; the game's not over till it's over".

Like Spygate, this may backfire on the NFL. If we had won the Colts game we would have nothing to get fired up about. But now the Pats are pissed off, and they will be on a rampage. The Colts and the rest of the NFL may wish the Pats had won this one.

Running up the score on Washington in 2007 had something to do with bad blood between Gibbs and Bill from Bill's Giants days, IMO.

All other instances of alleged running up the score was just a bunch of crap. Brady never played in the second half of the 4th quarter in any game with a >3 TD lead except for Miami. That was a special case since Cassel threw a pick-6, Bill got steamed, and Gutz was not warmed up, so Tom went back in for a series.

I blame Bill Simmons and his columns on "FU touchdowns" for fabricating this running up the score notion. Except for Washington, it didn't happen but the grief for it never ends, and even some Patriots fans sadly accept it as reality.

What I meant by running up the score was that having the offense play 60 minutes and not playing "not to loose" after gaining a large lead. Both Colts games the play calling was conservative at best after taking that large lead. The pats could have scored at will. That was the mind set in 2007 when the offense continued with the agressive play calling which resulted in running up the score. I will be shocked if the play calling is anything but aggressive here on out regardless of having a large lead

I think what would help is to better establsih a running game and be able to grind teams down in the second half. Kicking field goals, short drives and fumbling the ball at the one really killed this team in the second half against Indy. I hope that Morris and especially Taylor come back before playoff time, that could really help our chances to really ice games when they matter more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes