PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My prediction: Tony Corrente's crew to officiate Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Corrente's crew is one of only 5 NFL crews NOT to have done a Patriots game this year as they have had a different crew for each of the 12 games. Of the remaining 5 crews, only Corrente's crew has not officiated either a Steeler or Patriot game.
The other 4 crews that have not officiated a Patriots game are
Gerry Austin (East-Crew B) officiated Pittsburgh week 3
Ron Winter (East Crew J) officiated Pitt week 10 (too soon to do Pitt again)
Terry McCauley (East -Crew G) did Pitt week 5
Bill Leavy (West D)- only worked 8 games the whole season.

Assuming that the crews truly randomly are assigned, it seems logical that they would get this game..........

Corrente's crew was the one that correctly call the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Gibbs for trying to freeze the kicker with a second timeout.

Just my $0.02,

Last edited:
Re: My prediction- Tony Corrente's crew to officiate Sunday's game

Good analysis of the whys..you MAY be correct..That would be fine if he did...I do think he's one of the top refs..

My prediction: Red Cashen ("That's a first down") comes out of retirement to call game.

My prediction: Red Cashen ("That's a first down") comes out of retirement to call game.

As long as it's not Dreith.........

r u kiding? this is a pivotal game...well have the same ref fromt he colts-pats game...

r u kiding? this is a pivotal game...well have the same ref fromt he colts-pats game...

His crew also did the poory run Dallas/Green Bay game........i would like to see Ed 'big guns' Hoculi if I could choose

His crew also did the poory run Dallas/Green Bay game........i would like to see Ed 'big guns' Hoculi if I could choose

Honestly if the Pats could have Hoculi for every game I don't think we'd be talking about refs as a factor. ever.

r u kiding? this is a pivotal game...well have the same ref from the colts-pats game...
Probably not. There is a rule ( unwritten/written?) that the same ref isn't supposed to handle the same team within 6 weeks. That's why when Carollo did two Bills game sin a row, it was the first time in 35 years it had happened and only b/c of illness of a crew chief., Leavy IIRC.

Last edited:
The more important thing is the crew's penalty calls breakdown.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

McAULAY GETS THE CALL: Today's game between the Patriots and Steelers is scheduled to be refereed by Terry McAulay's crew. The Patriots have not had McAulay's crew in a game this year. In Week 5, the Steelers had McAulay's crew in a 21-0 home win over the Seahawks. Patriots fans might remember McAulay from Super Bowl XXXIX against the Eagles, as he was the referee for that game.

Does anyone have a good site to get a current statistical breakdowns of referee crews?
(I've googled and nothing good is coming up)

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey