PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Prediction on Twitter To Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Gronk and Ahern on the Pats any TE additions have to be superb blockers. Remember Tebow protecting his punter? That could be Brady.

In New England Tebow would have no QB value, except as the "emergency" QB when the real QBs were all hurt in the same game. That makes him just a minimum-salary project.

He can probably do better elsewhere.

In New England Tebow would have no QB value, except as the "emergency" QB when the real QBs were all hurt in the same game. That makes him just a minimum-salary project.

He can probably do better elsewhere.

They already have that covered with Edelman.

Belichick values great decision making and accuracy more than anything at QB and Tebow makes Sanchez look like Brady when it comes to accuracy.

Reminds me of the headline in The Onion:

Ground Emerges As Tim Tebow's Favorite Target | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Mangold added. “It doesn’t matter if the defense comes out in man coverage or an overload blitz. Tebow seems to know exactly where the ground will be and hits the wide-open turf every time.”

Last edited:
Belichick values great decision making and accuracy more than anything at QB and Tebow makes Sanchez look like Brady when it comes to accuracy.

Reminds me of the headline in The Onion:

Ground Emerges As Tim Tebow's Favorite Target | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Mangold added. “It doesn’t matter if the defense comes out in man coverage or an overload blitz. Tebow seems to know exactly where the ground will be and hits the wide-open turf every time.”

now I know why they had that press conference in NJ to announce the "GROUND and POUND" offense...I just never thought of the "ground" in that context...in retrospect, the Rats signed the perfect QB...why didn't they follow through???

This was my suggestion to Greg Bedard on Twitter:

Jets release Tebow next year. BB signs him. LB/TE/FB....That's my prediction. Whachoo think?”

To which he responded:

"Wouldn't surprise me at all"

He went on to defend it in several tweets.

Basically my thinking is: 1)BB loves the kid. 2)The Jets have trashed his starting QB potential 3) No matter what the guy with two Phallic names (Woody Johnson) says they will cut him. 4) He's a great teammate 5)He's a great versatile football player 6) There will be no QB controversy in NE

Good comment. Bad nick, esp this week; maybe Ian will let you swap it out.

Last edited:
I'll be honest. I don't see Tebow as being a fit for this team because of the media circus he brings with him. Tebow falls into the Terrell Owens/Chad Johnson category when it comes to that sort of thing. I disliked Tebow and his antics when he was in college and that hasn't changed.

uhhh...what? Tebow seems to be a great guy, doesn't try to draw attention to himself and always says the right thing to the media. Along with being a hardworker. Hate him as a player, sure but, how anybody can not like him as a person is beyond me.

uhhh...what? Tebow seems to be a great guy, doesn't try to draw attention to himself and always says the right thing to the media. Along with being a hardworker. Hate him as a player, sure but, how anybody can not like him as a person is beyond me.

Does not draw attention to himself? Are you serious? That's all he does.

And what's with this hard working nonsense? How the hell do you know how hard of a worker he is? All that supposed hard work still hasn't made him a functional QB. Great guy, hard worker, winner (Ha!) - These are empty terms at this point - they are meaningless, a desperate attempt to elevate him above all others as if he's the only one who's a hard worker or good guy. His QB skills are ****, his followers need to build him up somehow so these terms are used to describe him every time without fail. He's a fringe NFL player at best. Most over hyped player ever.

Tim Tebow in twenty years..------------------------------->
jimmy-swaggart-1988.jpg

Who is working with him? Elway/Fox did not - who on the Jets is? Where are those who supposedly work with him complaining that he does not do what they ask of him?

WOW. Let me know when you stop licking Tebow Jockstrap. Fox/Elway DID try to work with him. Who do you think sent him to Martinez to work on his mechanics..

You clearly don't realize that TEBOW has to be the one to do a majority of the work. Until you can comprehend that, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

If you talk to the kid and explain he would never be a QB here and discuss how he could earn a roster spot (RB/TE). IMO if he agreed to that role then he would be a good signing. If he agreed to a role here he would do what he agreed to do period. There is noting to indicate the guy is a malcontent of any sort.

The guy has been running the ball for a long time and seems bright enough to pick up the playbook.

Due to BB the media circus would be stopped in it's tracks. He could be a little fish in the big Patriot pound.

Sorry, but I don't believe that Tebow is bright enough to pick up the Pats playbook for any position. Not RB. Not TE. Not LB. He relies STRICTLY on his athletic ability to get by. He does not put the time and effort into improving himself that we've seen from REAL winners like the Brady, Vrabel, Harrison, Welker, Bruschi, etc.

One of the biggest knocks against Tebow coming out of college was lack of experience reading defenses prior to the snap. If you can't read a defense on the Patriots, then there is no way your running their route tree since it's predicated on the receivers ability to read it the same as Brady would. So, that removes him as a potential receiver.

As a RB, Tebow fumbles way too much. He had 13 fumbles on 393 touches in his 14 games in Denver in 2011. That works out to 1 fumble every 30 touches. BB benched Ridley after fumbles in consecutive games last season. Does anyone REALLY think that BB would put up with that? I know he wouldn't. Tebow is also extremely SLOW for a RB, so him hitting holes just doesn't seem like something that would happen. His best performances were when he could adlib as a QB. He wouldn't be doing that.

Sorry, but Tebow has convinced me that he doesn't have the ability to be successful in the NFL with his current attitude and abilities. I don't see him as a fit for the Patriots on the field or in the locker-room.

I will never understand why people get so passionate, either way, about Tebow.

1. I don't hate Tim Tebow. I hate the media and Tebow supporters who created Tebowmania. The Kid himself didn't ask for all the attention.

2. I'm convinced that the bet place for Tebow would be to back up Cam Newton in Carolina. Sound crazy? Not really. With Newton, Carolina runs an offense that often utilizes some of spread option principles that worked well for him in Florida and Denver. He could go there and develop his passing skills behind Newton, and be available to step in when Newton gets hurt as all running QBs eventually do. And he would still be running a similar, though more run oriented offense.

If not Carolina, then SF after they get rid of Smith, or Washington would be other places for him to back up, where the current QB starter is an active part of their running attack.

3. This year in NY has been a disaster for him, as far as his development as a player. However it IS his 3rd year in the league and for all the work he's put in, there doesn't seem to be much improvement in his passing skills.

4. Tebow is an excellent runner.....from the QB position. He wouldn't have nearly the success he had rushing from a RB position.

5. Size and athletically, TE could be a possibility, but its would be hard to ask a player to make such a radical position change 4 years into your NFL career. You wouldn't get much in the way of instant results. Also his contract becomes a factor. Who has a roster spot to waste on a player making a position conversion at his salary.

6. He's never coming here. We don't need another QB, or a TE. In fact we are pretty well set at TE for the next few years. Not only with the long term signings of Hernandez and Gronk, but with Fells, Ballard, and Hooman

7. Tim Tebow is an innocent victim of his own celebrity, and the media whores who used him. His problem is going to be finding a job. What GM or HC is going to want to bring aboard the kind of distraction he's been in NJ, even if it wasn't his fault. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow out of the league within 2 years.

Well I guess he'll always have that Steeler playoff game.

Well Tebow was working 2 a days in the off-season with a QB coach this past year. Any failures are not due to a lack of effort.

Tim Tebow has spent offseason with quarterbacks coach, aiming to be more comfortable in pocket | NJ.com

Sorry. If Tebow was working as hard as this guy claims, then he'd have surpassed Mark Sanchez with ease as the Jets QB. That didn't happen. So, you'll forgive me if I give no credibility to Mr. Noel Mazzone.

By all accounts, Tebow's mechanics are as horrible as ever and his footwork in the pocket is a joke..

Tebow has the potential to produce miracles like few others...if you can't see that, you don't know your football.

You just gotta have faith....

What use is he actually? Now that he bulked up like a roidhead he has absolutely zero speed and quickness left. Have you seen him run this year? It's pathetic(edit: i'll give some blame to jests ******s - Ds pretty much know it's run with tebow). He's only good for 1 yard and Brady's QB sneak is more effective at that. Few times i've seen him he looked clumsy out there.

He's a great guy and all but no thnx. Maybe he shouldn't be in the NFL.

Last edited:
Both correct. Some other considerations:

1. Tebow's pretty much been ruled out as a QB by every respected QB evaluator in the business. His mechanics just aren't there. So what to you bring him in as? Not as a 3rd string QB? As your #5 TE with no prior experience? As a FB? RB? He has no position.

2. He's not PS eligible to work on developing him at a new position, and all the media circus and baggage that he brings makes that difficult.

3. He comes with a relatively big contract for a guy who can't get on the field. It's a complicated cap situation, but IIRC I think his 2013 cap hit is something like $2M - not huge, but a non-trivial amount for a guy who probably won't see much playing time. Compare that with a late round/UDFA who might get on the PS and have time to develop without being under the microscope, and without all the baggage.

The negatives far outweigh the positives IMHO. I've never been a Tebow fan, but trying to block out my bias, I still can't see it.

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I actually really like the guy's character but there are too many what-if's and the cap hit doesn't justify his usefulness. If he could come in and we could find an immediate use for him, I'd love the guy. He's a little 'over religious' and can sometimes throw it in your face a little but overall his character and leadership is superb...he just can't lead by example if he can't perform on the field.

1. I don't hate Tim Tebow. I hate the media and Tebow supporters who created Tebowmania. The Kid himself didn't ask for all the attention.

7. Tim Tebow is an innocent victim of his own celebrity, and the media whores who used him. His problem is going to be finding a job. What GM or HC is going to want to bring aboard the kind of distraction he's been in NJ, even if it wasn't his fault. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow out of the league within 2 years.

Well I guess he'll always have that Steeler playoff game.

Love the first and seventh points Ken! Exactly my opinions. Even though I hate religious zealots and those who insist on 'wearing their religion on their sleeve' (gosh! why the heck can't people go about silently with what they do instead of trying to convince the world that their's is the only way :bricks:) - I greatly admire the kid for ignoring the harsh media attention and sticking to his beliefs but still being nice about it.

IMO he seems one of the rare and rich individuals in the spotlight who is humble, well behaved, decent, and from what I gather from interviews, a team guy who doesn't hesitate to do whatever the team asks him to.

So, even though I don't think greatly of his game, I have and will always like him.

Sorry...
. So, you'll forgive me ....

Sorry...

Sorry...

DaBruinz - whatsup with so many apologies??? :D Being contrite when not needed? Why the formality? :)

He isn't a hard worker. He hasn't evolved. His horrendous mechanics are still the same as when he first came into the NFL.

Does not draw attention to himself? Are you serious? That's all he does.

And what's with this hard working nonsense? How the hell do you know how hard of a worker he is? All that supposed hard work still hasn't made him a functional QB. Great guy, hard worker, winner (Ha!) - These are empty terms at this point - they are meaningless, a desperate attempt to elevate him above all others as if he's the only one who's a hard worker or good guy. His QB skills are ****, his followers need to build him up somehow so these terms are used to describe him every time without fail. He's a fringe NFL player at best. Most over hyped player ever.
It's not his fault if espn wants to track his every move lol. Some people just aren't capable of throwing like a great nfl quarterback. I could be out there for weeks working with a private coach but it probably wouldn't get me very far. He isn't the only one who's a hard worker or a good guy. He just gets an absurd amount of press, how is that his fault? Tebow will never be a great qb, but he could be a decent qb potentially. Wouldn't be surprised if Jax decides to give him a shot, at least to sell seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes