PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Prediction on Twitter To Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there is your first problem agreeing with Jets fans. What exactly do THEY know about winning football. :D

Well if he were cut his contract wouldn't be an issue.

If you talk to the kid and explain he would never be a QB here and discuss how he could earn a roster spot (RB/TE). IMO if he agreed to that role then he would be a good signing. If he agreed to a role here he would do what he agreed to do period. There is noting to indicate the guy is a malcontent of any sort.

The guy has been running the ball for a long time and seems bright enough to pick up the playbook.

Due to BB the media circus would be stopped in it's tracks. He could be a little fish in the big Patriot pound.

There is a real difference between running the ball as a QB and running the ball as a running back or fullback. Has to do with contact...when DLinemen are waiting on you. Bill can't stop media circuses, which is why he generally avoids them. Ocho was the closest he came to one, and Ocho interest pales in comparison. Moss never talked much to media, had a bad relationship with them on his own. Although he did create a little tempest every now and again, right before some team parted with him. Tebow has become more celebrity than football player. Bill would be fielding questions from ENews, as would his players.

Bedard tried to argue that Tebow never had a chance to develop. That's incorrect. He had his entire college career to work on deficiencies in his game that might have given him a better shot at the next level. Never improved a thing. He had a full season with Josh in Denver and nothing changed. When Denver was forced to utilize him a year later it had to be on his terms for that reason. He can't even function in a rudimentary offense in NY during PRACTICE...

Bedard tried to make the case that Rodgers was nothing when he landed in GB and Mike McCarthy molded him into the player he is today. BS. Rodgers had his rough edges like all rookies but he was considered by scouts to be a very pro ready QB prospect with a strong arm and good touch and accuracy in the short game and decent mechanics as well as foot speed and good field vision. Three years on the pine may have helped or hindered his development, but by year 4 he was light years better than Tim will ever be. And most of that was the result of his own initiative. Coaches can only do so much, the player has to be the one who grabs the bull by the horns or they never reach projected potential.

Brady got lots of information thrown at him his rookie season. He also got ridden hard. And he got some not so subtle criticism. He made it his mission to figure out how not to remain that guy. Tim is a multi millionaire, something Tom wasn't. He could afford to be working on his own mechanics and footwork and learning how to read defenses quicker more efficiently operate a mainstream pro style offense. Hasn't happened.

He still wants to be a QB though. Although he will do anything to get on the field. Trouble is he hasn't shown he can to anything else well enough to, either. Julian Edelman retained no illusions about being an NFL QB - he hasn't taken a snap at the position since arriving here - and was more than willing to learn to do whatever else it was that would keep him on a roster and on the field. He was drafted to be a WR project. Yet prior to this season he really hadn't given this organization any reason to advance his career beyond ST and effort based Swiss Army Knife. In 3 seasons. But that was OK too since he was making minimum salary.

The only place Tebow makes any sense is in Jacksonville. They'd win a few more games and he'd put fannies in seats for a season or two and buy time until the new owner figures out a more viable approach to building a franchise.

Agree with everything you said. Also we dont have to worry about the media dividing our locker room because no one will be suggesting we bench Brady. The hate some people have for Tebow is borderline psychotic. He is the most standup guy I've ever seen. Look at all he's done for sick kids. But haters gone hate as they say.

My definition of a standup guy doesn't include someone who needs to publicize his good deeds.

My definition of a standup guy doesn't include someone who needs to publicize his good deeds.

Please give specifics - I pay little to no attention to "media", but I want to look this one up.

Your welcome for the laugh - but being a "winner" is a "head" issue - just ask Peyton/A-Rod. Some guys are great players and pile up the stats, but when it matters most they disappear and shrivel. Tebow/Brady are not that type - Manning/A-Rod/LeBron (w/o help) ARE. There IS a difference.

You keep lumping Tebow in with Brady as a winner.

"When it matters"??????

The guy is 1-1 in career NFL playoff games. In those, he is 19-47 (40.4% completion) combined.

You also wrote in another post:

"No - Brady is a winner as well. When Tebow has had the opportunity he has made the MOST of them - winning DESPITE critics/odds - much LIKE Brady (at the same point in his career). "

At the same time in his career, Tom Brady already had 1 Super Bowl ring and a Super Bowl MVP. His career playoff record at that time was 3-0.

Manning/LeBron/ARod (all three of whom, I don't care for) are LIGHT YEARS ahead of Tebow as winners. Honestly, are you watching reality are is this some kind of suspension of reality in favor of belief thing? Because lumping Tebow in with Brady as "winners" is batspit lunacy.

Last edited:
You keep lumping Tebow in with Brady as a winner.

That is hilarious.

"When it matters"??????

The guy is 1-1 in career NFL playoff games. In those, he is 19-47 (40.4% completion) combined.

You also wrote in another post:

"No - Brady is a winner as well. When Tebow has had the opportunity he has made the MOST of them - winning DESPITE critics/odds - much LIKE Brady (at the same point in his career). "

At the same time in his career, Tom Brady already had 1 Super Bowl ring and a Super Bowl MVP. His career playoff record at that time was 3-0.

How 'bout you look at reality?

OK - I guess I will because you said so. I was not saying Tebow is Brady or on the same level, but he has the same intangibles that make "winners "winners". Sorry you cannot see it or do not agree, but if I had the choice between Sanchez and Tebow - I choose the PROVEN winner and it isn't Sanchez. Like I said later on - WINNING is a "mindset" - there is something to being a winner beyond stats - like A-Rod, Lebron, or Peyton. All great at their trade, but disappear when needed most. Tebow does not fade and over-performs. After all, like many say he "sucks", but somehow finds a way to win DESPITE zero confidence from his coach/GM.

Please give specifics - I pay little to no attention to "media", but I want to look this one up.

Having his charity pay for sick children to come and "meet Tebow" so they can be trolled out in front of a few dozen media members before an NFL game comes off to me as exploitative.

No thanks.

10 char

Tebow does not fade and over-performs. After all, like many say he "sucks", but somehow finds a way to win DESPITE zero confidence from his coach/GM.

you keep posting that tebow is a winner and he will win if given the chance, he never quits, he will find a way and that's the way it is and it's going to be....I'm, gonna go way out on a limb here and guess you don't really watch NFL football past being a casual fan...otherwise, your entire argument is a house of cards that has already crashed down....

Broncos

Tebow 9-26, 136 yds, 0 tds
McGahee 17 car, 76 yds, 1 td
Thomas 6 rec, 93 yds, 0 tds

Brady 26-34, 363 yds, 6 tds
Hernandez 5 rec, 61 yds, 0 tds
Gronkowski 10 rec, 145 yds, 3 tds

what you see here is a bona fide winner starkley contrasted with a BELOW LOSER LEVEL QB....you see it??? what happened here was they put Tebow at QB, just like YOU declare is the best move to make, and he came up INVISIBLE.

I'm guessing you are a big time Tebow fan and that's great...I'm a big time Brady fan...we're all fans of some team or player...have a good night.

There is a real difference between running the ball as a QB and running the ball as a running back or fullback. Has to do with contact...when DLinemen are waiting on you. Bill can't stop media circuses, which is why he generally avoids them. Ocho was the closest he came to one, and Ocho interest pales in comparison. Moss never talked much to media, had a bad relationship with them on his own. Although he did create a little tempest every now and again, right before some team parted with him. Tebow has become more celebrity than football player. Bill would be fielding questions from ENews, as would his players.

Bedard tried to argue that Tebow never had a chance to develop. That's incorrect. He had his entire college career to work on deficiencies in his game that might have given him a better shot at the next level. Never improved a thing. He had a full season with Josh in Denver and nothing changed. When Denver was forced to utilize him a year later it had to be on his terms for that reason. He can't even function in a rudimentary offense in NY during PRACTICE...

Bedard tried to make the case that Rodgers was nothing when he landed in GB and Mike McCarthy molded him into the player he is today. BS. Rodgers had his rough edges like all rookies but he was considered by scouts to be a very pro ready QB prospect with a strong arm and good touch and accuracy in the short game and decent mechanics as well as foot speed and good field vision. Three years on the pine may have helped or hindered his development, but by year 4 he was light years better than Tim will ever be. And most of that was the result of his own initiative. Coaches can only do so much, the player has to be the one who grabs the bull by the horns or they never reach projected potential.

Brady got lots of information thrown at him his rookie season. He also got ridden hard. And he got some not so subtle criticism. He made it his mission to figure out how not to remain that guy. Tim is a multi millionaire, something Tom wasn't. He could afford to be working on his own mechanics and footwork and learning how to read defenses quicker more efficiently operate a mainstream pro style offense. Hasn't happened.

He still wants to be a QB though. Although he will do anything to get on the field. Trouble is he hasn't shown he can to anything else well enough to, either. Julian Edelman retained no illusions about being an NFL QB - he hasn't taken a snap at the position since arriving here - and was more than willing to learn to do whatever else it was that would keep him on a roster and on the field. He was drafted to be a WR project. Yet prior to this season he really hadn't given this organization any reason to advance his career beyond ST and effort based Swiss Army Knife. In 3 seasons. But that was OK too since he was making minimum salary.

The only place Tebow makes any sense is in Jacksonville. They'd win a few more games and he'd put fannies in seats for a season or two and buy time until the new owner figures out a more viable approach to building a franchise.

I specified that BB would be interested in Tebow IF HE WAS WILLING TO FILL A ROLE OTHER THAN BEING A QB.

If Tebow is still intent on being a qb then he won't be in NE.

Tebow does not fade and over-performs. After all, like many say he "sucks", but somehow finds a way to win DESPITE zero confidence from his coach/GM.

you keep posting that tebow is a winner and he will win if given the chance, he never quits, he will find a way and that's the way it is and it's going to be....I'm, gonna go way out on a limb here and guess you don't really watch NFL football past being a casual fan...otherwise, your entire argument is a house of cards that has already crashed down....

Broncos

Tebow 9-26, 136 yds, 0 tds
McGahee 17 car, 76 yds, 1 td
Thomas 6 rec, 93 yds, 0 tds

Brady 26-34, 363 yds, 6 tds
Hernandez 5 rec, 61 yds, 0 tds
Gronkowski 10 rec, 145 yds, 3 tds

what you see here is a bona fide winner starkley contrasted with a BELOW LOSER LEVEL QB....you see it??? what happened here was they put Tebow at QB, just like YOU declare is the best move to make, and he came up INVISIBLE.

I'm guessing you are a big time Tebow fan and that's great...I'm a big time Brady fan...we're all fans of some team or player...have a good night.

YAWN - you all bore me with this one. NEVER said I would take Tebow over Brady. WOW - I like Tebow, yes, and I do not hate him - I would love to have a team full of Tebow's - ALL the intangibles I want in my players. I can only go so far with yours and others ignorance before it gets REALLY old. I like Tebow - not sure how that becomes I want him over Brady - even after I say he has some of the same intangibles as Brady - never mentioned TANGIBLES. Too many read/hear/interpret what they want without understanding CONTEXT - but what should I expect considering the condition of our education system. YOU have a good night - mine will be excellent!

OK - I guess I will because you said so. I was not saying Tebow is Brady or on the same level, but he has the same intangibles that make "winners "winners". Sorry you cannot see it or do not agree, but if I had the choice between Sanchez and Tebow - I choose the PROVEN winner and it isn't Sanchez. Like I said later on - WINNING is a "mindset" - there is something to being a winner beyond stats - like A-Rod, Lebron, or Peyton. All great at their trade, but disappear when needed most. Tebow does not fade and over-performs. After all, like many say he "sucks", but somehow finds a way to win DESPITE zero confidence from his coach/GM.

I responded to THIS post...insult me all you want...those are YOUR words...I read them and I come to the conclusion that THOSE WORDS are exactly what YOU mean.

All great at their trade, but disappear when needed most. Tebow does not fade and over-performs. After all, like many say he "sucks", but somehow finds a way to win DESPITE zero confidence from his coach/GM

Tebow FADED and UNDERPERFORMED the last time he HAD THE CHANCE YOU WANT HIM GIVEN.All the rest of that bull you attributed to me saying in the preceding post is horsecrap. All I'm going by is what YOU POSTED in black and white. You're incredibly angry for someone who has just had "Tebow does not fade and overperforms" crow dinner served up piping hot.

This was my suggestion to Greg Bedard on Twitter:

Jets release Tebow next year. BB signs him. LB/TE/FB....That's my prediction. Whachoo think?”

To which he responded:

"Wouldn't surprise me at all"

He went on to defend it in several tweets.

Basically my thinking is: 1)BB loves the kid. 2)The Jets have trashed his starting QB potential 3) No matter what the guy with two Phallic names (Woody Johnson) says they will cut him. 4) He's a great teammate 5)He's a great versatile football player 6) There will be no QB controversy in NE

If you use the same username on twitter as you do on patsfans, I don't think Bedard is going to argue with you.

Like Bedard, I could certainly see it happening. A bunch of people have said Tebow fits as a move TE and that's what I see as well, based on athletic talent.

Let's look at Combine/Pro Day results for all applicable TEs I can think of, in no particular order — Garrett Mills (6'1" 228 lbs.), Michael Hoomanawanui (6'4" 264 lbs.), Aaron Hernandez (6'3" 245 lbs.) and Tim Tebow (6'3" 236 lbs.):

Code:
40:	4.64
20:	2.74
10:	1.60
Bench:	23
Vert:	35.5
Broad:	111
Shut:	4.06
3cone:	6.82

Code:
40:	4.71
20:	2.66
10:	1.55
Bench:	n/a
Vert:	38.5
Broad:	115
Shut:	4.17
3cone:	6.66

Code:
20:	2.71
10:	1.65
Bench:	30
Vert:	33
Shut:	4.18
3cone:	6.83

Code:
40:	4.77
20:	2.76
10:	1.67
Bench:	25
Vert:	32.5
Broad:	110
Shut:	4.52
3cone:	7.67

This team has not had a problem trying players out at new positions (Julian Edelman, Alex Silvestro) and QB->TE conversions are not unheard of. If the Jets cut Tebow, it is well within the realm of possibility for the Pats to want to try him out as a TE. His numbers compare very favorably to Hernandez's, and Aaron is considered a freakish athlete at the position.

It may well be Tebow would never freely sign with a team that would bring him in on a minimum/incentive laden contract and ask him to switch positions. But I think the Pats would definately be interested at getting Tebow in camp, media circus be damned.

He's not an NFL player at any position but QB and even that is questionable. Who would he replace on this team? No one.

Like Bedard, I could certainly see it happening. A bunch of people have said Tebow fits as a move TE and that's what I see as well, based on athletic talent.

Let's look at Combine/Pro Day results for all applicable TEs I can think of, in no particular order — Garrett Mills (6'1" 228 lbs.), Michael Hoomanawanui (6'4" 264 lbs.), Aaron Hernandez (6'3" 245 lbs.) and Tim Tebow (6'3" 236 lbs.):

Code:
20:	2.74
10:	1.60
Bench:	23
Vert:	35.5
Shut:	4.06
3cone:	6.82

Code:
40:	4.71
20:	2.66
10:	1.55
Bench:	n/a
Vert:	38.5
Broad:	115
Shut:	4.17
3cone:	6.66

Code:
20:	2.71
10:	1.65
Bench:	30
Vert:	33
Shut:	4.18
3cone:	6.83

Code:
40:	4.77
20:	2.76
10:	1.67
Bench:	25
Vert:	32.5
Broad:	110
Shut:	4.52
3cone:	7.67

This team has not had a problem trying players out at new positions (Julian Edelman, Alex Silvestro) and QB->TE conversions are not unheard of. If the Jets cut Tebow, it is well within the realm of possibility for the Pats to want to try him out as a TE. His numbers compare very favorably to Hernandez's, and Aaron is considered a freakish athlete at the position.

It may well be Tebow would never freely sign with a team that would bring him in on a minimum/incentive laden contract and ask him to switch positions. But I think the Pats would definately be interested at getting Tebow in camp, media circus be damned.

Great stuff!!

1 ~ I do indeed seriously doubt that Tebow would sign with us as a Flex End or Wing Back conversion project...but it wouldn't hurt to ask!! :D

2 ~ In the unlikely event that he was willing to go that Route, I'd love to take a look.

And where does this misinformation come from that "BB loves Tim Tebow?"

Has there ever been a dinner that created more hype and fallacy just by breaking bread. Maybe THE Last Supper.

Blasphemy!!
jester.gif

Shouldn't your back up QB be competent in your system with skills to run said system. Is there anyone alive that believes Tebow has the tools to run the Pats offense? And does anyone really believe BB would take time away from practicing the offensive system he has in place in order to install an offense that suits his THIRD STRING QB.
And where does this misinformation come from that "BB loves Tim Tebow?" Has there ever been a dinner that created more hype and fallacy just by breaking bread. Maybe THE Last Supper....Reality is....BB loves playing against Tim Tebow because he is wildly inaccurate and his progressions involves one read...then tuck and run.

It wasn't just the dinner. BB was praising Tebow unprompted in pre-draft interviews.

What contract are you people referring to? In my very likely scenario he is cut by the Jets.

Just remember that he also has to clear waivers, and JAX might be desperate enough to take the plunge.

To be fair to Tebow, the JEST aren't exactly the pinnacle of proper management. After all, they're wedded at the hip to Mark Sanchez through at least next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back