PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Mark Anderson
Height: 6-4 1/4 | Weight: 254 | 40-Time: 4.61

Mike Kudla
Height: 6-1 5/8 | Weight: 265 | 40-Time: 4.70
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/mikekudla.html

Check out his link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parys Haralson
Height: 6-1 1/4 | Weight: 253 | 40-Time: 4.80

Spencer Havner
Height: 6-3 3/8 | Weight: 242 | 40-Time: 4.72

Oliver Hoyte
Height: 6-2 5/8 | Weight: 245 | 40-Time: 5.03

Rob Ninkovich
Height: 6-3 1/8 | Weight: 260 | 40-Time: 4.92

With 7 picks, I think BB could pick 2 of these projects and like spaghetti, see which one sticks.

I think that while Bruschi, Vrabel, and Colvin are our starters, I think you will see a split of TBC, Beisel and Claridge. I think Jarvies Green will play McGinest's DE role on the line that he would play in nickel and dime formations.

Last edited:
I think the Pats will select at least one of these guys - my pick is Hoyte - but Jarvis Green will sooner play KICKER for the Pats than slide over to Willie's OLB/DE spot. He is a DL exclusively. Totally wrong for the OLB 3-4 spot.

no I don't think I said it quite clearly.

In BB scheme, Willie played OLB. But in nickel and dime formations, we would only have 2 DT, and Willie and Colvin lined up at DE. I think you could see Jarvis play in the 4 man front in nickel and dime.

We should do fairly well in round 4 just sitting pat but BB sounds like he may move around a bit - whatever happens will be good. Jason Avant is still out there - would that be another nice WR addition? But don't think we can go after him in the 4th, would have to be 5th.

Add a couple more to your list:

ILB:
Kai Praham, Virginia - There aren't too many ILBs who fit the Pats' system and considering Praham is Groh's disciple, the Pats should know everything they need about him. They either grab him in the 4th, or he's not on their board at all.

DE/OLB - There are a lot of tweeners like this, who are hard to project. The Pats should be able to grab one of them with one of their 6th rounders - much like they got TBC in the 7th.

Brent Hawkins, Illinois St, 6'2", 241 lbs
Ryan LaCasse, Syracuse, 6'2", 257

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back