PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My (positive) Reality Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see if I can do this without getting my head cut off.

I know points win games and not yards. So don't bother with that. I also know that it's the big plays at the big times that win games.

And, yes, the Jets scored more points. And, yes, the Jets made the big plays at the big times. So, again, don't bother telling me that. I know it. And I know that Patriots need to get back to that before they start winning consistently again.

However everyone is acting like we got our asses kicked.

We out gained them by 36% total yards.
We out rushed them.
We out passed them.
We out averaged them.
We out first downed them.

Returns, ToP were about equal.

Yes we sucked on 3rd down on both sides. And we allowed too many sacks. And blew several big plays. And that's important stuff, I know. It's critical stuff that MUST be corrected.

But I've had enough of this out coached crap. It's as if we couldn't move the ball and they moved it all day. We just blew a few plays, it happens. It needs to stop but it happens. And it happened. But the yardage totals aren't faked by some big lead and a prevent defense. It was within reach the whole game. And we moved the ball more consistently than they did. So forget the "Patriots suck", "Belichick has lost it", "Brady is done" crap. On the average play we were better. We played better. We probably coached better. All we need now is to stop the killer plays. Gabriel's fumble. Maroney going outside on the 2nd and goal from the 2. Hobbs being more aggressive to the ball on the TD.

I hope I am expressing myself correctly. I am not saying we should have won. Or that we deserved to win. Or that we would win if we played like that again. Just that we blew, REALLY BADLY, several plays. But that doesn't mean we were out played and out coached. It just means we blew several player really badly and lost. Deservedly.

It is what it is. We lost. We should have lost. But we weren't out coached. And in general we weren't outplayed. We just did, for the second week in a row, what we usually don't do . . . blow the big plays.

i think outcoached and outplayed are applied quite broadly.all the time..when a team makes mistakes like turnovers or penalties ..its part of coaching too...so people can always say we were outcoached and outplayed applied as loosely at it can be..
i think brad childress was outcoached in minn by BB..as i have said it before..if brady had thrown 4 picks in that game , people wouldve have said "why we didnt run the ball" last two ball games have been mental lapses and lack of +ve belief ...last 2 games -pats knew what was going on and didnt correct it
like ...Felger brought a pt today ..on the 26 yard pass to caldwell which was called back due to illegal formation ...caldwell was lined up behind graham and was clearly illegal 7-10 yards away from the pats bench /coaching staff and yet they did nothing...
Only One glaring thing which bothered me most than others was brady's pass protection which was never fixed throught the game..but i give credit to the jets , they played brady like we used to play manning..

Iam not a believer in emotion and fire being big factor but there needs to be some kind of eruption..like a "Tom jackson , they hate their coach comment" which can bring the team to focus harder..right now they are just hoping good things happen instead of playing/play calling +vely

SVN said:
i think brad childress was outcoached in minn by BB.
That game is an example of being outcoached from start to finish. Total domination. Unlike yesteday.

BelichickFan said:
It is what it is. We lost. We should have lost. But we weren't out coached. And in general we weren't outplayed. We just did, for the second week in a row, what we usually don't do . . . blow the big plays.

I agree. Like I said in another thread, it's a few plays away from being a typical Pats win. If Brady had even one timeout to work with on that final drive, you can count on him tying that game up. We've had lots of ugly wins at home in this era, this was close to being one of them.

My only concern is that it's starting to happen too often that we play well enough to win, but make crucial mistakes. There's not much to say about it other than they just have to stop doing that and I think that they probably will.

Putting on my "positive reality check" hat I'd simply point out that we lost two games recently

One to the undefeated Colts by 7 points

And one to a division rival that's playing some pretty good ball by 3 points.

However I also know the team didn't play as well as those scores indicate either.

A win in Greenbay and I'll put this loss behind. Victory makes all wounds better.

BelichickFan said:
Let's see if I can do this without getting my head cut off.

I know points win games and not yards. So don't bother with that. I also know that it's the big plays at the big times that win games.

And, yes, the Jets scored more points. And, yes, the Jets made the big plays at the big times. So, again, don't bother telling me that. I know it. And I know that Patriots need to get back to that before they start winning consistently again.

However everyone is acting like we got our asses kicked.

We out gained them by 36% total yards.
We out rushed them.
We out passed them.
We out averaged them.
We out first downed them.

Returns, ToP were about equal.

Yes we sucked on 3rd down on both sides. And we allowed too many sacks. And blew several big plays. And that's important stuff, I know. It's critical stuff that MUST be corrected.

But I've had enough of this out coached crap. It's as if we couldn't move the ball and they moved it all day. We just blew a few plays, it happens. It needs to stop but it happens. And it happened. But the yardage totals aren't faked by some big lead and a prevent defense. It was within reach the whole game. And we moved the ball more consistently than they did. So forget the "Patriots suck", "Belichick has lost it", "Brady is done" crap. On the average play we were better. We played better. We probably coached better. All we need now is to stop the killer plays. Gabriel's fumble. Maroney going outside on the 2nd and goal from the 2. Hobbs being more aggressive to the ball on the TD.

I hope I am expressing myself correctly. I am not saying we should have won. Or that we deserved to win. Or that we would win if we played like that again. Just that we blew, REALLY BADLY, several plays. But that doesn't mean we were out played and out coached. It just means we blew several player really badly and lost. Deservedly.

Agreed. It's certainly not like we were dominated by a lesser opponent. When you look at it, the Jets scored 14 of their 17 points off turnovers.

Here's to kicking Green Bay in the sac, and then -- deep breath -- doing the same to Chicago.

That'll shut us all up good LOL. (I think we do #1 but not #2. I just think that.)

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back