PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Pats draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's wildly improbable too, but weird things can happen in the lower rounds. Think of how the Pats drafted 3 OLs this year despite having pretty good depth on the line (and not one made the team).

I'm basing this strictly on the trends. BB is more likely to draft 4 TEs than he is too draft 4 LBs. That's why the draft is unrealistic. Don't take it personal OP. Those are just facts.

I have thought about it more, the success rate of draft picks is about 50%. With clear needs at ILB and CB maybe they should take 3 CBs and 3 ILBs and place them in a cage, the winner gets the job.

I have thought about it more, the success rate of draft picks is about 50%. With clear needs at ILB and CB maybe they should take 3 CBs and 3 ILBs and place them in a cage, the winner gets the job.

This is Belichick. Instead of a cage, it'll be a maze. Instead of cheese, it'll be a film room.

That's kind of my thinking for redundancy.

there aren't a lot of spaces. IF they resign Moss and Gaffney, there are no WR spaces.

One RB space maybe, no DL spaces. No OL spaces unless you cut Kaczur or O'Callaghan or Britt.

Just DB and LB mostly.

quote " IF they resign Moss and Gaffney, there are no WR spaces.
One RB space maybe, no DL spaces. No OL spaces unless you cut Kaczur or O'Callaghan or Britt.
Just DB and LB mostly."

I would Love this senerio.It will never happen with BB as he will surprise us as usual.

The Pats are badly in need of linebackers and defensive backs.

Therefore, their first six picks will be offensive players. The good

news is we will sign ten UDFAs who will be defensive players.

Add Karlos Dansby t othe the LB corps and things look fine. Then you can traded on down for a Llaurinaitis, or Quentin and have a year or two to groom them.

Not crazy enough for me... I like it though, nice job. My comments are not slams, just observations.

My comments
- it is well known that the Patriots don't draft CB or LBs on Day 1, you broke the Cardinal rule... about time that rule was broken

Nice job.

The Pats will draft CBs on Day 1 -- Eugene Wilson was drafted as a CB initially in the early 2nd round, and Ellis Hobbs was also drafted as a CB in the 3rd round. We also know that the Pats will draft a DB in the 1st round (Meriweather) who may turn out to be a corner, and that other CBs have been targetted but not drafted by the Pats [Ammad Carroll IIRC for one example.

The Pats will draft CBs on Day 1 -- Eugene Wilson was drafted as a CB initially in the early 2nd round, and Ellis Hobbs was also drafted as a CB in the 3rd round. We also know that the Pats will draft a DB in the 1st round (Meriweather) who may turn out to be a corner, and that other CBs have been targetted but not drafted by the Pats [Ammad Carroll IIRC for one example.

You are correct sir, I took a little too much poetic license.
CBs on Day 1 = Yes
LBs before Round 5 = No

It changes this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back