PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My opinion on Tom Brady and Deion Branch.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
He says that Deion Branch is his most important offensive player on the team and that he has been text messaging him on a regular basis, urging him to come to camp. I have said it before, but if Branch is that important to me I would be talking to him in person demanding him to be at training camp and stop being so selfish. He is griping about playing for only 1 million dollars this upcoming year? What a cry baby, some hard working Americans can even make that in a lifetime. If I were the leader of this team I would make an extra effort to talk to Deion and tell him "what you are doing is obviously more important than the team. You should honor your contract". As a QB and a leader, I would give him a ultimatum and tell him if you plan to hold out until this date, then don't bother coming back because you are not apart of the team. I know it's harsh but its the truth. Deion cares more about the money then the team. If any of us were to go into work one day and demand a new contract with a pay raise or else we wouldn't go to work, our ass would be canned! Any player that holds out is wrong and obviously his "team" is not that important to him. I think Ty Law hung out with him too many times.

THEARCHIVES said:
He says that Deion Branch is his most important offensive player on the team and that he has been text messaging him on a regular basis, urging him to come to camp. I have said it before, but if Branch is that important to me I would be talking to him in person demanding him to be at training camp and stop being so selfish. He is griping about playing for only 1 million dollars this upcoming year? What a cry baby, some hard working Americans can even make that in a lifetime. If I were the leader of this team I would make an extra effort to talk to Deion and tell him "what you are doing is obviously more important than the team. You should honor your contract". As a QB and a leader, I would give him a ultimatum and tell him if you plan to hold out until this date, then don't bother coming back because you are not apart of the team. I know it's harsh but its the truth. Deion cares more about the money then the team. If any of us were to go into work one day and demand a new contract with a pay raise or else we wouldn't go to work, our ass would be canned! Any player that holds out is wrong and obviously his "team" is not that important to him. I think Ty Law hung out with him too many times.

The holdout will end, Deion will play be lining up playing some awesome football for us this year.

Of course he makes more than many will see in their lifetimes. Certainly it is bizzarre that a entertainers make this kind of money - but they do and they should. They are the reason people shell out big bucks - they come to watch the show and see the performers perform.

Deion can catch a football better than 99.99999% of the population and as such is worth the millions that will come his way. I have given up trying to make sense of a system that is so far removed from reality.

I really like the guy and he is a team player. Do not blame him for trying to maximize his earnings, this is a business afterall and as much as we fans hate that part of it - it is a reality.

I fully expect he will be in camp.

fgssand said:
The holdout will end, Deion will play be lining up playing some awesome football for us this year.

I really like the guy and he is a team player. Do not blame him for trying to maximize his earnings, this is a business afterall and as much as we fans hate that part of it - it is a reality.

I fully expect he will be in camp.
team player??? That I really have to question at this point. But Don't blame him for being greedy?? you bet I will! He should be grateful he is playing a game that in even this year HE will earn more than 99% of Americans will EVER make in a lifetime. And the fact that he wants even more??? Sorry..if all he cares about is the green and maximizing that..he can be a greedy pig..BUT don't at all blame fans for seeing that that is what he is coming down hard on him. And THAt is a reality as well. I was pretty upset he didn't show at the charity tournament; seems we now know more about him. I don't know whether he will be back..if he keeps doing what he does, when he returnes he will be irrelevant.

Deion, ignoring Brady's messages to come to camp?

Pats726 said:
team player??? That I really have to question at this point. But Don't blame him for being greedy?? you bet I will! He should be grateful he is playing a game that in even this year HE will earn more than 99% of Americans will EVER make in a lifetime. And the fact that he wants even more??? Sorry..if all he cares about is the green and maximizing that..he can be a greedy pig..BUT don't at all blame fans for seeing that that is what he is coming down hard on him. And THAt is a reality as well. I was pretty upset he didn't show at the charity tournament; seems we now know more about him. I don't know whether he will be back..if he keeps doing what he does, when he returnes he will be irrelevant.

Deion is no different than all professional athletes - there are very few exceptions. Deion is very active with charities and gives much of his time and money to several causes.
He is not a jerk, he is a team player - he is just looking for his worth and yes, i do think he has been misled - but ya know - would it be so terrible for the Pats to step up and end this thing once and for all?

This thread reminds me of that conspiracy theory that had Deion working covertly for Bob Kraft and BB to create publicity for the team and give Buffalo false hope for an opening day victory. I liked that theory, the dashing secret agent, the great master minds pacing the floor worried that their agent would fail, the tension as all sides turned against him, with only a handful of lovable but curmudgeonly friends writing support pieces in the news . It's the kind of thing to give me back spasms, now those are tight.

Box_O_Rocks said:
This thread reminds me of that conspiracy theory that had Deion working covertly for Bob Kraft and BB to create publicity for the team and give Buffalo false hope for an opening day victory. I liked that theory, the dashing secret agent, the great master minds pacing the floor worried that their agent would fail, the tension as all sides turned against him, with only a handful of lovable but curmudgeonly friends writing support pieces in the news . It's the kind of thing to give me back spasms, now those are tight.

Tight!!! Oh no you said "tight"...............

fgssand said:
Tight!!! Oh no you said "tight"...............
Really tight, you need ice packs, heat packs, tens units, the odd medication and if your really lucky a lady with hot hands. Yep, tight is an "oh no" alright.

I don't care about the business part of it. All I know is we do NEED him and he is OUR number 1 receiver. He might be replaceable in the future, but not in the present, even more so with the uncertainty that is Jackson. I also have yet to see anything on the field that indicates he's not a team player.

fgssand said:
Deion is no different than all professional athletes - there are very few exceptions. Deion is very active with charities and gives much of his time and money to several causes.
He is not a jerk, he is a team player - he is just looking for his worth and yes, i do think he has been misled - but ya know - would it be so terrible for the Pats to step up and end this thing once and for all?
I think he's a jerk..and many here do!! Whether he does a lot of charity work or not, the event he missed was the major fund raiser for the Patriots..and missing that to me showed he was PRETTY low!! Sey was in the middle of a holdout and HE was there that year. Gee,if Deion is like all the other how come they aren't holding out??? Believe the pablam from Chuyut..pooor Deion..you want some swampland as well??? Actually at this point if I were the Pats, I might take the offer off the table..h'es had months to counter the offer..and remained silent..

Pats726 said:
I think he's a jerk..and many here do!! Whether he does a lot of charity work or not, the event he missed was the major fund raiser for the Patriots..and missing that to me showed he was PRETTY low!! Sey was in the middle of a holdout and HE was there that year. Gee,if Deion is like all the other how come they aren't holding out??? Believe the pablam from Chuyut..pooor Deion..you want some swampland as well??? Actually at this point if I were the Pats, I might take the offer off the table..h'es had months to counter the offer..and remained silent..

My understanding is the Patriots did take the offer off of the table - it was report on time or offer gone.

Do not misunderstand me, I think his agent is a jerk and has created this horrible situation. His beeahching about the fifth year is sour grapes and is the agents fault he signed to begin with. I also think the agent is not realizing the Pats offer was decent, considering he is under contract. I also think his agent is a jerk as well for not coming in with a counter offer and setting up this stalemate. Further, Deion is indeed responsible for his own actions - he can tell the agent to get this done and stop the madness. The Patriots do not have give in here, but they could and should find a way to end it.

However, all of that being said, I do not blame Deion for trying to get as much money as he can and I also think he deserves every penny. Just because Deion is holding out does not change the fact that he is quite giving of his time and money when it comes to charity. Check out his home situation and you will understand. Just because he is holding out does not mean he is any less talented or any less of a good guy and a team guy. The players understand it is business and it is his business. I wish him the best and hope he does well.

My suggestion - read this article about hold outs in general by the esteemed Michael Gee and be comforted by the realization that it will not help anybody if this goes beyond months end.

http://jmgee.blogspot.com/2006/07/lets-all-hold-out.html

"NFL holdouts always remind me of Cleavon Little holding the gun to his own head in "Blazing Saddles." The player suffers a self-inflicted financial wound to convince management he's seriously pissed off about his contract status. Sooner or later, this strategy's limits reveal themselves even to the likes of Terrell Owens, and after a face-saving compromise of some sort, the player returns."
"

Last edited:
fgssand said:
Do not misunderstand me, I think his agent is a jerk and has created this horrible situation. His beeahching about the fifth year is sour grapes and is the agents fault he signed to begin with. I also think the agent is not realizing the Pats offer was decent, considering he is under contract. I also think his agent is a jerk as well for not coming in with a counter offer and setting up this stalemate. Further, Deion is indeed responsible for his own actions - he can tell the agent to get this done and stop the madness.
I find it very peculier that you think the agent is a jerk and yet, Deion seems to be above all this, immune from criticism. I suggest you look at the word "agent" in the dictionary..it may enlighten you a bit. Deion is the puppeteer here, calling all the shots and you are quite naive if you believe otherwise. That is what an agent is all about..representing the player. If you separate the two you miss what is going on fully. If in any way Chuyut is doing anything Deion does not approve of, he should be gone...he is doing it in HIS name. As for what Deion doing everything he wishes to get money, yes, he can do that, as I said, but he is just showing what a greedy pig he really is...AND he has to live with that fact and with the fans to see it as such. As for his being worth every penny, you can put Deion up with Owens and Moss and the other receivers if you like, but I would say if you did you don't know much about football.

Pats726 said:
I find it very peculier that you think the agent is a jerk and yet, Deion seems to be above all this, immune from criticism. I suggest you look at the word "agent" in the dictionary..it may enlighten you a bit. Deion is the puppeteer here, calling all the shots and you are quite naive if you believe otherwise. That is what an agent is all about..representing the player. If you separate the two you miss what is going on fully. If in any way Chuyut is doing anything Deion does not approve of, he should be gone...he is doing it in HIS name. As for what Deion doing everything he wishes to get money, yes, he can do that, as I said, but he is just showing what a greedy pig he really is...AND he has to live with that fact and with the fans to see it as such. As for his being worth every penny, you can put Deion up with Owens and Moss and the other receivers if you like, but I would say if you did you don't know much about football.

Not true - go back and read this line
"Further, Deion is indeed responsible for his own actions - he can tell the agent to get this done and stop the madness."
In no way is Deion off the hook.
I do not think Deion belongs in the class of Owens or Moss either and I did not think we were talking anywhere near their kind of money. He is a #10-#15 receiver in my opinion and closer to #10 on this team.
The whole thing sucks - we need the guy back, he is a good guy and he does deserve more money. Obviously, there needs to be some kind of impetus to break this stalemate. Tell me for one second much of the anger vented his way is because we all see the need for this guy on this team this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back