PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My one thought on the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Something just like this may have been mentioned already but my opinion is simple on the subject.

Other team's fans have already started questioning every single win we've had since 2001 and they will continiue to do so. My thought: if this was something we did every game, I'm pretty disgusted by how terrible our offense was a lot of times considering we apparantly knew what the defense was doing every time.

That's why I don't think of this as a trend. If we did it this game, we should be punished and that will be that. However, if we knew what the Browns defense was doing back in 2003 when we beat them 9-3, one would hope we could have produced a little bit more.

LOL, for cheaters we did a lousy job at times didn't we :)

Screw 'em.

Raiders fans have been crying for years about that damned tuck rule...It don't stop us from smacking them around every time we meet.

I think the league may have just awakened the sleeping giant with this stupid camera thing...This might just be the fire the team needs to kick it into a whole new gear.

We know that with the leaders we have, (bruschi, vrabel, brady, harrison etc) this is a mature team, they aren't going to hang their heads and hide for the rest of the season...

Right now people are talking about adding a damn asterisk to the past superbowl titles... How about they go and ask Teddy Bruschi if he feels he earned his rings?

Last edited:
This does give unfair advantage but football is a very fast game. Doubt if it would "win championships".

This does give unfair advantage but football is a very fast game. Doubt if it would "win championships".
No...

An unfair advantage is having Tom Brady throwing touchdowns to a triple-teamed Randy Moss.
An unfair advantage is having Jarvis Green blowing up the Jets' pass protection and Vrabel coming around to bury Chadsworth.
An unfair advantage is having a kick returner split the cover team and burn them for 108 yards.

To tell you what, I don't care what other fans think. If other fans think we cheated since 2001, it still hasn't taken away my enjoyment of the Brady/Belichick era. Their opnion doesn't change how I felt watching the Pats win three Super Bowls. It doesn't change the excitement of being at one or being at the snow bowl game (which Raiders fans thought we cheated anyway) or the any other regular season or playoff game.

Stealing the other team's calls have been going on since the start of the NFL. People are doing it today. We got caught. It was wrong. But bad teams have been stealing calls for years and not won Super Bowls. We won Super Bowls because of talent and coaching.

I am just afraid the team reacts to this (emotional let down) the way we reacted to Milloy just before the Buffalo game we got goose-egged.
The Chargers have had us circled on their schedule and want to beat us really really badly...embarrass, humiliate, demoralize, etc us to oblivion. I fear that the coaching staff and even players will be distracted by the whole camergate cheating scandal and suffer a letdown to Chargers.

I am just afraid the team reacts to this (emotional let down) the way we reacted to Milloy just before the Buffalo game we got goose-egged.
The Chargers have had us circled on their schedule and want to beat us really really badly...embarrass, humiliate, demoralize, etc us to oblivion. I fear that the coaching staff and even players will be distracted by the whole camergate cheating scandal and suffer a letdown to Chargers.

Yes, this is one of my concerns.

Yes, this is one of my concerns.
Like I said in that other thread. My one and ONLY concern is that the players will be unhappy with what the coaches MAY have done. I don't see why it is unreasonable to worry about that.

I honestly could not give a sh!t what the media or opposing teams fans are saying. I am worried about how the players take this...thats it.

You guys need to get a grip.
This is the best team in the NFL. They are playing at home against a team from half way around the world that barely beat the quarterback-less Bears. The Pats are loaded with veterans who have seen worse adversity than a media hissy fit like this. They will come together and crank it up a few ticks for this game - trust me! This will pass as Kraft will press for a speedy resolution. The Pats will play better than last week, and San Diego will limp home pi$$in and moaning about something that happened or feelin dissed, you can count on that!

Other team's fans have already started questioning every single win we've had since 2001 and they will continiue to do so. My thought: if this was something we did every game, I'm pretty disgusted by how terrible our offense was a lot of times considering we apparantly knew what the defense was doing every time.
Other teams fans should shut up because there is a good chance their team is doing it too.

In a story I did on cheating in the NFL this summer, numerous league sources told me that New England was far from the only team trying to gain this sort of competitive advantage, but that the Patriots were more aggressive than anyone else in their attempts to illegally gather such information.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/09/11/chiefs/1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing