PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My one man boycott of pre-season games

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurker1965

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone and everyone,

I have decided the NFL lockout is not near the end. The reports of it being close are just one side trying to look like they are trying and the evil other side is dragging it out.

I'm suggesting a boycott. I agree no serious fan will actually boycott real games. Fortunately the NFL provides us with fake games.

I will not attend or watch any pre-season games.

It is not like I'll miss anything. No, I don't mean starters. I mean how does that promising prospect look. Heck, this year I don't know who the promising prospects are.

Oh, I'm not unreasonable. They have until Friday July 22. If at midnight there is no deal, but at 12:01 AM an out of breath Goodell and Smith announce the agreement, too bad. They have until midnight Friday.

I'd like to say I'm going to boycott the first quarter of the first game. I'd like it if everyone at the stadium stayed with their tailgate party as the cameras showed an empty stadium.

However, I think that is too much to ask of myself and anyone else. But fans showing up for their tailgate parties and skipping the game during the pre-season is possible.

And if anyone thinks that just hurts owners ask yourselves if pre-season revues are included in cap calculations. Besides, don't you think any player egos will be affected by playing before empty stands?

That is assuming the turds have a pre-season.

BTW, I ecepting Patriot Football Weekly in progress. I'm angry, but not insane.:D (Well, OK, maybe I am a wee bit compulsive.)

Anyone willing to join me in ignoring the pre-season? My apologies if this is 1 of a hundred "I'm not going to watch any pre-season games"-type rants.

Is it a boycott if you have no interest in the pre-season games anyway?

Anyone and everyone,

I have decided the NFL lockout is not near the end. The reports of it being close are just one side trying to look like they are trying and the evil other side is dragging it out.

I'm suggesting a boycott. I agree no serious fan will actually boycott real games. Fortunately the NFL provides us with fake games.

It is not like I'll miss anything. No, I don't mean starters. I mean how does that promising prospect look. Heck, this year I don't know who the promising prospects are.

Oh, I'm not unreasonable. They have until Friday July 22. If at midnight there is no deal, but at 12:01 AM an out of breath Goodell and Smith announce the agreement, too bad. They have until midnight Friday.

I'd like to say I'm going to boycott the first quarter of the first game. I'd like it if everyone at the stadium stayed with their tailgate party as the cameras showed an empty stadium.

However, I think that is too much to ask of myself and anyone else. But fans showing up for their tailgate parties and skipping the game during the pre-season is possible.

And if anyone thinks that just hurts owners ask yourselves if pre-season revues are included in cap calculations. Besides, don't you think any player egos will be affected by playing before empty stands?

That is assuming the turds have a pre-season.

BTW, I ecepting Patriot Football Weekly in progress. I'm angry, but not insane.:D (Well, OK, maybe I am a wee bit compulsive.)

Anyone willing to join me in ignoring the pre-season? My apologies if this is 1 of a hundred "I'm not going to watch any pre-season games"-type rants.
How is denying myself something punishing them?

And here's my one word response to your one-man boycott - "boo".

We've heard nothing but crap all offseason. As soon as the first Patriot steps foot 1 in that locker room, Im gonna shake a pom pom in his face.

I really like Taylor Price. Hence, I'm watching him the only time I can :lol2:

Ineffective boycots mean diddly

You can choose not to watch if you like, I'm probably gonna be popping champagne and crying from pure joy.

Good luck with that boycott. I'll be watching the pre-season games.

I could never boycott our preseason. Unlike other teams who have nothing but jags playing, we have many players i want to see sooo bad. Hoyer and Mallett and our new running backs. Hell, I even want to compare tony carter to wilhite and butler.

Anyone and everyone,

What you say makes no sense. Either you're right and they are not near a deal, in which case there ain't gonna be a preseason (so there's nothing to boycott). Or you're wrong and they are near a deal, and your whole rationale behind the boycott was an invalid assumption.

No, my plans are going to stay the same. All along I've said that as long as no regular season games are missed, I won't be altering my NFL viewing habits one bit.

Last edited:
The NFL makes no money from me watching Preseason games (seeing as there is no way to legally watch Preseason games in the UK) and so i'll gladly be watching them.

This thread is full of fail ........... :bricks:

Ineffective boycots mean diddly

Doing nothing means less than diddly.

The funny part is I missed nothing. No real games have been missed yet (The HOF game is not "real.":)) Telling me for weeks how close it was kinda ticked me off. If instead of making $1,000, They only make $999 then that may be diddly, but not keeping the dollar, as a certain "esteemed" person suggests, is worse.

Heck, it even aligns me with the guys who ticked me off.

Good luck with that boycott. I'll be watching the pre-season games.

I could never boycott our preseason. Unlike other teams who have nothing but jags playing, we have many players i want to see sooo bad. Hoyer and Mallett and our new running backs. Hell, I even want to compare tony carter to wilhite and butler.

I hate to say it, but coverage of pre-season games is always bad and you won't miss anything important.

Using Solder as an example but not reflecting on him as a player: One of two things happens.

A) He dominates. Then one wonders if he is facing guys that will work for UPS in a month.

B) He gets Hoyer (or whomever) killed. (Well, hyperbole-y speaking.) Then one wonders if that defender in the backfield is his man, or did the guard screw up. If you can tell, was it a missed assignment or was he just overpowered.

That is assuming they cut to play on the field instead of Brady on the sidelines talking to Welker.

July 22nd has past, looks like no pre-season for you.

I, on the otherhand will scurry to my TV for any game.

Boycotting the preseason is like a Fat dude fasting and skipping breakfast one morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back