Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPMiller

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Detroit Lions - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4. Minnesota Vikings (trade with Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
5. Arizona Cardinals - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
6. Washington Redskins - Alan Branch DT Michigan
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(trade with Minesota Vikings) - Jamal Anderson DE Arkansas
8. Houston Texans - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
9. Dolphins - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
10. Atlanta Falcons - Leon Hall CB Michigan
11. Carolina Panthers(trade with SF 49ers) - Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
12. Buffalo Bills - Patrick Willis MLB/SLB Mississippi
13. NY Giants (trade with Rams) - Marshawn Lynch RB California
14. San Fransisco 49ers - Tedd Ginn Jr WR Ohio State
15. NY Jets (trade with Pittsburgh Steelers) - Jarvis Moss DE Florida
16. Green Bay Packers - Dwayne Jarret WR USC
17. Jacksonville Jaguars - LaRon Landry FS LSU
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Quinn Pit**** DT Ohio State
19. Tennesse Titans - Reggie Nelson FS Florida
20. St. Louis Rams(trade NY Giants) - David Harris ILB Michigan
21. Denver Broncos - Darelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
22. Dallas Cowboys - Levi Brown OT Penn State
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida State
24. New England Patriots(from Seattle) - Michael Giffin S Texas
25. Pittsburgh Steelers(trade with NY Jets) - Paul Pozluzsny OLB Penn State
26. Philadelphia Eagles - Charles Johnson DE Georgia
27. New Orleans Saints - Chris Houston CB Arkansas
28. New England Patriots - Brandon Siler ILB Florida
29. Baltimore Ravens - Jason Blalock OG Texas
30. San Diego Chargers - Steve Smith WR USC
31. Chicago Bears - Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
32. Indianapolis Colts - Aaron Ross

Much rather have

24. Poluszny
28. Griffin

My feeling is Poz will be a bust, but the connection with PSU and Pitt would be too hard for the Steelers to pass up. Siler I believe will be a much better player than Poz. I fel your team would win out.

Don't really like either of them.

Griffin is vastly overrated if you ask me. Texas' pass defense was something like 90th in the nation. He had a down year and benefitted from having Huff there his junior year.

Siler I don't mind, but I wouldn't take a junior ILB, and we're pushing on the value part here after he ran almost 4.7

I'd rather take Posluszny and Meriweather. Or trade down and grab Eric Wright or Stewart Bradley.

And from what I hear, the Raiders are pretty much locked in on Calvin Johnson.

Last edited:
24-Nelson
28-Brandon Siler

Go Gators!!!

I dont care what school they go to I just want talented players.

Havent read up on Siler and Nelson from what I have read could be more of a Tebuckey Jones type player.

Griffin looks like more of a cover safety which is what we need because Wilson is fragile as glass.

I can't see Jon Gruden trading out of the four slot and giving up a chance to draft Calvin Johnson. As for the Pats, I think I prefer Mel KIper's mock. (See other thread)

Fuinny isn't it - in a schoolboy toilet humour sort of a way - how thr system takes the **** out of Quinn Pit****.

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Detroit Lions - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4. Minnesota Vikings (trade with Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
5. Arizona Cardinals - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
6. Washington Redskins - Alan Branch DT Michigan
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(trade with Minesota Vikings) - Jamal Anderson DE Arkansas
8. Houston Texans - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
9. Dolphins - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
10. Atlanta Falcons - Leon Hall CB Michigan
11. Carolina Panthers(trade with SF 49ers) - Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
12. Buffalo Bills - Patrick Willis MLB/SLB Mississippi
13. NY Giants (trade with Rams) - Marshawn Lynch RB California
14. San Fransisco 49ers - Tedd Ginn Jr WR Ohio State
15. NY Jets (trade with Pittsburgh Steelers) - Jarvis Moss DE Florida
16. Green Bay Packers - Dwayne Jarret WR USC
17. Jacksonville Jaguars - LaRon Landry FS LSU
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Quinn Pit**** DT Ohio State
19. Tennesse Titans - Reggie Nelson FS Florida
20. St. Louis Rams(trade NY Giants) - David Harris ILB Michigan
21. Denver Broncos - Darelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
22. Dallas Cowboys - Levi Brown OT Penn State
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida State
24. New England Patriots(from Seattle) - Michael Giffin S Texas
25. Pittsburgh Steelers(trade with NY Jets) - Paul Pozluzsny OLB Penn State
26. Philadelphia Eagles - Charles Johnson DE Georgia
27. New Orleans Saints - Chris Houston CB Arkansas
28. New England Patriots - Brandon Siler ILB Florida
29. Baltimore Ravens - Jason Blalock OG Texas
30. San Diego Chargers - Steve Smith WR USC
31. Chicago Bears - Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
32. Indianapolis Colts - Aaron Ross

Why do you think that an ILB who has trouble cutting, getting vertical and playing in zone coverage would be an ideal Patriots LB?

Don't really like either of them.

Griffin is vastly overrated if you ask me. Texas' pass defense was something like 90th in the nation. He had a down year and benefitted from having Huff there his junior year.

Siler I don't mind, but I wouldn't take a junior ILB, and we're pushing on the value part here after he ran almost 4.7

I'd rather take Posluszny and Meriweather.

Amen to that.

I'd rather trade up to 16 and nab Landry, then take the best available CB or ILB at 47 or a slight trade up. :)

I'd rather trade up to 16 and nab Landry, then take the best available CB or ILB at 47 or a slight trade up. :)

Good point if Landry is still around at 16 I would believe its definetly worth thinking about.

Please not Griffin. I'd rather they got Nelson (if he were there) or trade down and get Weddle.

24- Chris Huston CB
28- Harris ILB

But don't be surprised in Belichick/ Pioli sign a RB---Bush from Louisville. Big, bruising back that would compliment Maroney nicely w/ one of the picks.

I am beginning to lean in the direction of the Pats not taking a 1st round LB. Why? Because I don't believe that the Pats would take a 2 down LB in the 1st and I have to wonder if there will be any LBs left who aren't 2 down LBs when the Pats draft.

At first, I was excited about this draft when it came to the ILBs because it seemed that there would be quite a few. But, as I studied the players, it seemed to me that the better VALUE players were not going to be Willis, Posluzsny, Harris, Beason or Siler, but Bradley and DeOssie. I felt this way about Mark Anderson last year. That he was better value than Lawson and, to this point, I've been proven correct.

Like BOR, I question the size of players. Bruschi is 6'0 and plays between 245 and 255. Vrabel is 6'4 and is closer to 260. McGinest is 6'5 and was in the 275 range. I believe even Bryan Cox and Roman Phifer were taller than 6'2 and bigger than 240. Now, I know that Belichick liked Vilma and tried to trade up for him, but Vilma has put on at least 10 lbs if you look at him. At 6'0 and 240, that is pretty imposing. But he also ran a 4.54 40, a 4.2 shuttle and a 6.67 3-cone.

I see Siler and Harris falling into the 2 down run-stuffing category. I don't see the Pats taking them early. The value isn't there.

DeOssie, I see having the potential to become a 3 down player, but in Ted Johnson's old spot on the inside.

I see Bradley having 3 down ability at OLB.

That leaves Willis, Posluzsny and Beason. There is the potential of all 3 being off the board. But there is the potential of all three still being there. So, I look at them in terms of long term potential of Bruschi's role.

Willis, Posluzsny and Beason all showed moderate strength. However, Beason hurt his knee at the Combine before he could finish the drills and people might be reluctant to take him early.

Willis weighed in at 242 and showed good speed, but not good quickness, posting a 7.23 in the 3 cone and a 4.46 in the shuttle.

Posluszny was only slightly slower than Willis, but showed better quickness while only 4 lbs lighter. Was recovering from a knee injury this year.

Jon Beason weighed in at 6'0 and 237. His splits were nearly identical to Posluszny, but his vertical was a full 5 inches shorter. The problem is that we don't have a measurement of how he is in and out of his cuts. There is a question as to whether he'll be able to put on any more weight.

I dont care what school they go to I just want talented players.

Havent read up on Siler and Nelson from what I have read could be more of a Tebuckey Jones type player.

Griffin looks like more of a cover safety which is what we need because Wilson is fragile as glass.

How is Reggie Nelson like TBuck, again?

Nelson is a dumb person who plays smart.
Jones is a smart person who plays dumb.

See the parallel?

LOL! I didn't think we were talking intellect, but playing styles.

Why do you think that an ILB who has trouble cutting, getting vertical and playing in zone coverage would be an ideal Patriots LB?

I feel that Siler is much better than what Kiper and other people say. He is a very good cver ILB, and is perfect in the zone. Plus, after watching Siler a couple of times, he reminds me alot of Tedy Bruschi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes