Welcome to PatsFans.com

My Main Pelosi Question

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Nov 8, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +881 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Will a liberal be able to move her party slightly to the right? By right I mean a very, very moderate democratic party that will leave the liberals to lobby for what they want as opposed to demanding it and getting it.

It's no secret that the liberals and the neo-cons can be poisonous to their parties if and when they control the party. Whichever party will reign them in to the point of we will listen, discuss, and modify issues to come to some type of center will dominate American politics for the next 20 years.

The G.O.P had their chance and they cowered under Bush. In some respects it can be said the democrats did this also...but they have the out of they did not control Congress or the Senate.

Americans will be optimistic ... which is a good thing ... let's hope Pelosi can control her liberal nature and take a step right....if she can....she'll have the moderates like myself on her side.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +428 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Speak for yourself.

Gay marriage.
    Abortion on demand, paid for by taxpayers.
    Higher taxes.
    Even more spending.
    Illegals welcomed as poor suffering innocents.
    Treating terrorists with kid gloves.

I can't wait.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Higher Taxes? you must make over 250,000/year! I have no problem taxing the rich more.

Abortion on demand! Roe v. wade is a Supreme court issue

Gay Marriage is a state issue.

More spending? ........ Check your Halliburton contracts and 9 billion of your tax dollars 'lost' in Iraq.

Illegals welcomed....where is the comprehensive immigration bill form the republican congress of the last 6 years?

Terrorist with kid gloves? is that like letting the saudis, and bin laden family leave the country after 9-11.....and how about Bini Laden, now where is he again?

like it or not, Flag Burning is off the agenda.....Boo-frickin HOO!
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +881 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

it's one thing to state your opinion and it's another foolish thing to see things blinfolded. For a supposed conservative Bush has singlehandedly massacred our budget...someone will have to pay for that...meaning us.

George Bush has also turned away from the immigration problem ... any gains there will be real gains as our border was a virtual conveyer belt the last 6 years.

Don't be surprised if the Democrats shift to a bomb the crap out of the terrorists mentality ... which should have been Bush's mentality. Don't be surprised if they choose that method as the fastest to get out of Iraq.

Take the blinders off BelichickFan...I'm from the right...but from the logical right....sometimes the right is just plain wrong and it's time for some change. You're stuck in the 70's and 80's ... those days are over...there are some good conservative democrats who now have a voice.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

If the Dems have any brains they would move to the center on most issues, it seems that in the past 20 years that we have learned that extreme ideology does not work and invariably turns off the electorate. When I read the knee jerk reaction about abortion, abortion, taxes, terrorism, welfare and immigration I cringe, as most of the left does not think that way. I really think that this is good for this country right now,as GWB now has to work with people that have differing opinions than he has... for 6 years he has pretty much gotten everything he wanted, now it is time for some bi-partisan methods of getting things done.

I think that Pelosi would not be a very good leader, too much left wing baggage, I hope that reason prevails and they find some middle ground as it will only lead to loss of the presidency in '08.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +428 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

No I don't. But I make enough that I think the Democrats would consider me rich. I have a problem with taxing anyone more.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +428 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

As I have said thousands of times, I don't like Bush. But picking the other, worse, side just because it's different is questionable thinking at best.