Welcome to PatsFans.com

My life in politics

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MOSS, Mar 3, 2012.

1. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will give you more background of my political bringing of what I am today.

Besides when the Fascist Communications Commission threated Howard Stern for freedom of speech, I got involve with politics because of the inspiring presidential campaigns of Howard Dean and Gen Wesley Clark. When Howard Dean drop out of the race, I gave my hard earn money to Wesley Clark because I believe he was the only Democrat running that could take Shurb out in November. I fell in love with Dean straight talking ways but he had no chance of beating Shurb because of the MSM painting his camping as the next George McGovern or the next Walter Mondale. Dean record as Vermont governor was very moderate btw. Both were knock out of the race because of Terry McAuliffe and the establishment backing John Kerry since he was a war hero. I voted for him in November but had bad feelings about him going to lose that year. Nonetheless I voted for him and Jim McGovern for the house that year. Also saw Fahrenheit 9/11 that year and thought it was amazing and one of the best docs to come out of 2004. I became a volunteer for Deval Patrick run for governor the next year and was glad that he pulled off such an accomplishment. I even gave him a phone call the day after he beated Kerry for Massachusetts governor. What a wonderful bright guy he is. 2008, I campign for Mike Gravel and met the man back in early 2007 when the race wasn't settle yet. Later that year, when my support for him didn't go anywhere, I supported John Edwards for president. What a ******* decison that was but this was before the tragedy that went on his personal life. Voed for Obama that election but have been disappointed with him since he's took office. I'm writing in this year for president, voting Jim McGovern for house as usual, and hoping that professor Warren gets the Dem nomination for the senate this year.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I liked the fact that you expressed yourself and what you believe. You also admitted to voting for someone that turned out to be quite an ******* and admitted as such. Not everyone on this board would admit to that. That is refreshing.
  4. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lol, thanks for the comment bud. And yeah, I wouldn't have voted for Edwards if he got the Dems nomination just because of him being a douchebag. I more likely voted for a sane liberal/progressive third party that year.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012