PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My late trade analysis

WhiskeyBreath

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Boston Bruins acquire Mark Recchi and Steve Montador

Here's how the deals worked out.

Boston gets Recchi and a 2nd round pick from the Lightning in exchange for Matt Lashoff and Martins Karsums. I like this move for the Bruins because we needed a left hand shot on the power play to replace the loss of Sturm and Recchi can be that guy. Lashoff and Karsums aren't a big loss because they most likely wouldn't have been on the team next year anyway.

Boston gets defenseman Steve Montador in a trade with the Ducks today for forward Petteri Nokelainen. I like this move as well. Montador is a tough hockey player that is more of a stay at home defensemen but can join the rush if needed. He can also play forward if needed. Nokie isn't too much of a loss but he could maybe have played his way into the top 9 forwards next season. Boston has to go for everything right now though.

Good deals all around, both players acquired have expiring contracts and we don't give up anyone that was going to contribute to the team this year and most likely next season.

I don't mind the deals. I just don't think they did enough. I'd have prefered they aquire something bigger, or better. A Kaberle, Pronger type on D, or a Tachuck (sp?) at forward.

I love Pronger but I'm glad they didn't give up a young gun for him. I'm thrilled to get Recchi and love his game even at his age.

I don't mind the deals. I just don't think they did enough. I'd have prefered they aquire something bigger, or better. A Kaberle, Pronger type on D, or a Tachuck (sp?) at forward.

Anything bigger would have required a young player like Bergeron, Kessel or Krejci to have been dealt. That would have been foolish.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back