Welcome to PatsFans.com

My Impressions on this Forum

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by italia44, Oct 15, 2006.

1. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

After reading Mgcolby's thread about patsfans.com and reading those replies,I thought I might give my impressions after a couple of weeks being a member,if you don't mind.

I'm pretty much the antithesis of posters like:
    Nem
    T-shirt Dynasty
    patters
    FBN,and others of a more liberal bent,so to speak.
    However,I admire their intelligence,their
    passion,their painstaking research about issues that concern them.

I try to do the same,along with other kindred spirits,like Harry Boy and QuiGon.....they are also immensely bright and committed.

I've found myself,often,knee-jerking into sarcasm,vitriol,and lock-step replies to post's I consider;too over-the-top for consideration.However,when
    one does this,interaction ceases and we all become mere reactionaries.

Unfortunately,we live in a world of instant gratification.Few,read newspapers,follow current events,know
    or care about history,and only seem to have opinions that others give to them.
    More's the pity.......that 15 minutes of fame is enough for the average person.

It's not enough for me,and I just wanted to thank all the passionate people on this forum,whether I argee or disagree,for keeping the dialogue flowing.....It is, truly,a lost art.

Remember,as Voltaire said:
    "I may not agree with what you say,but,I will defend to the death you're right to say it".

I hope all of us believe this.......

Thanks,Peter Marchisio aka,italia44
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Okay, but just so long as they say it over in the political forum and limit themselves to Patriots footsyballs and locker room-style pranks here - and if you have to defend me to the death, it's been nice.
  3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

you know it's a bye week when people aren't even discussing football and are complaining, venting, or whatever about the messageboard. That's what a message board is tho. No one had to take a test to gain admittance on this board and are free to post their opinions. Although I think some people purposely post a contrary opinion to get replies or instigate conversation. If everyone agreed it would be pretty boring.
  4. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

**yawwwn** I agree.
  5. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

These self-indulgent threads are getting absurd. I'm sick of hearing of this "I'm a positive fan!" or "he's a negative fan!" business. We're fans. We have different opinions. Let's move on and talk football.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I totally agree.
  7. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't believe I have ever made any kind of political commentary on this board ever. I have no idea where you would gather that I'm a liberal. None at all. I'm actually kinda shocked.

I'd be curious to see where you got that mistaken impression.

But not nearly enough to revisit this thread after it gets moved to the political forum. I stay outta there because I hate politics, I come here for football. Since you mentioned Harry Boy, who I understand is a haunt in the political forum but doesn't post in the football forum much, I assume you probably meant to post it there anyway.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I have said this before but will say it again, I am very happy for you people in the football forum, you discuss a sport in which you are very interested dedicated fans, GOD BLESS YOU.

I stumbled onto PATSFAN.com, I saw "Political Discussions", I clicked and I read, many liberals and left leaning people were doing the same old thing, Whining, Weeping, and Sobbing because they were not "running the show" their hatred and jealousy for their President seemed fair game for my type of SH!T, so here I am, this forum is titled "Political Discussions" are you telling me that I have to be a "football fan to post here".

I don't post on the Football Forum because I don't know a damn thing about Football, these guys would eat me alive over there, the only thing I know about the Patriots is they have a Stadium somewhere up near Walpole.

I did see something interesting about football today on the news though, all the players were kicking each other in the head.

If there are those that don't want "my kind" on this forum then eliminate the "Political Discussion" forum, you will never see me again :singing:

"Mommy"
    "Yes dear"
    "Whats that thing flying through the air"
    "Thats a football dear"
    "Oh"
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What's this thread all about anyway? I stopped reading when I saw the n00b call FBN a liberal. FBN ain't no liberal. How do I know? Because I am and he's never at any of the meetings.
  10. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There's no way that on a message board with so many members your going to have agreement on anything. You can't even say everyone here agree's they want the Patriots win because some here aren't Patriots fans. Does everyone in your family or at work at whatever organization you may belong to agree on everything? Most threads here I don't even read or pay attention to. But if people want to post something I support thier being able to do so. I would like to see more objectivety here, but do I expect that? No I don't.
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Ah, the classification issue. Whenever you post on a subject, you are branded a "neocon" or "liberal" by your position on that particular subject. I understand FBN fairly well, he's liberal on social issues and conservative on fiscal responsibilities. Thus, he's been painted or slammed as "the enemy" depending on who replies to his comment. But wait, it gets better. When a new thread is started, depending on the position the poster takes, the replies will follow in the opposite opinion regardless of the issue. Case in point, gang members joining the military, "we should give these guys a second chance". Bleeding liberal or neocon? The correct answer is neocon. There are actually a number of threads where people are moderates, the problem is they get slammed too often and end up in the skirmishes. God forbid, if anyone has the opinion that we should leave Iraq.
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Paisan ... please don't ever slander me calling me a liberal. :eek:
    I would part with my gonads before becoming a liberal. :eek:
    Well, maybe I wouldn't ... I need them ... especially in here. :rofl:
  13. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

HarryBoy is a xenophobic loon. My cat is smarter than he is. I do find him entertaining, in a train wreck kind of way.
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Harry has the most creative mind in the forum.

Ronald Reagan could have used him in the CIA in the 1980's.

Harry could have helped put Uncle Teddy and gang in a white padded room
    just for the fun of it all.
  15. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There's nothing creative about viewing the world in an exclusively black and white fashion. His creativity boils down to this: Democrats = bad. Republicans = good.

Now if we're talking strictly entertainment, then yes, he's highly creative. If I need a good laugh, I log into the forum and read his latest semi-coherent rant. I still think he's NEM f'ng around with all of us, but alas, I can't prove it.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

All of the parties = bad...
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

The thing that made me "A Nut" was I used to be a Democrat.

The following is not meant to be "A$s Kissing:
    FBN was called "A Liberal", FBN is one of the few on here that has the attitude all Americans should have, he isn't like me (flaming neo con) and he isn't (flaming Neo Lib Sore Loser) in one post I will agree with everything he says, in another I won't agree with one word he says, he never wavers, thats the way many of the old time Democrats USED TO BE then the Dip Sh!t Social Do-Gooding Loonies took them over, then I left, when I want to Vomit I look at pictures of Auntie Pelosi and the Murdering Drunk Uncle Teddy.

Sooner Patriot, I have posted on here that I am dumb, I have told all that will listen that I spent 7 years in the eighth grade, my wife spent 6, we were married just before we graduated from grammar school.

Sooner, what does "xenophobic" mean, my wife says it has something to do with Sex.
    :confused:
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I think there may be a hint of censorship developing. What's with closing threads?

I like the forum. I think some of the posters need to take off the party blinders a bit more often, but all in all it's pretty good. We have a good mix of loony lefty's, radical righty's, moderates, independents, & idiots to boot. Now if we could just limit the religious you tube posts.....

:)
  19. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rule 1.never post a thread at 3:00 a.m.
    after running out of wine and having to resort to drinking Anisette,straight from the bottle,while mixing up football and politics.

My apologies for this thread,I was trying to compliment posters in this forum and It was meant for the Political forum.

I was also trying to compliment some of the Patriot's posters,like TShirtDynasty.on their football acumen,and it all started to run together.(see rule 1.above).

My intent was benign,lesson learned.
    (see rule 1.above,again)

Peter:bricks:
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Have you seen some of the sh!t I put on here when I'm drinking?