PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

my idea your take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After reading a bunch of mocks and this site I came up with an idea and since I am not nearly as knowldgeable as everyone else so I want opinions.

iIthink the we should trade down our pick in the first round and try to pick up a late second round pick if we can. With the pick we traded down i think we can pick one of the the RB people have metion well two since likely who ever trades up with take one i think either White or the guy from Minnesota will be left. Then after that trade the two late second rounders to trade up with someone on like GB and take one of the 3 or 4 LB/DE that have been mentioned since it isn't likely that they all will be gone that early.

does anyone else think this is a good idea or am i just off my nut.

A.C Vegas said:
After reading a bunch of mocks and this site I came up with an idea and since I am not nearly as knowldgeable as everyone else so I want opinions.

iIthink the we should trade down our pick in the first round and try to pick up a late second round pick if we can. With the pick we traded down i think we can pick one of the the RB people have metion well two since likely who ever trades up with take one i think either White or the guy from Minnesota will be left. Then after that trade the two late second rounders to trade up with someone on like GB and take one of the 3 or 4 LB/DE that have been mentioned since it isn't likely that they all will be gone that early.

does anyone else think this is a good idea or am i just off my nut.
Man! That is simply genius, believe you have nailed this draft. :confused:

Welcome, Vegas.

Many here think that the team should trade down in, or out of the first round completely. To trade down to the top of the second round, we should also expect a third rounder in addition to the early second round pick. There have been fantastic threads here about draft pick value and several draft strategies, such as value grouping. Scan back among the threads and read Box O' Rocks and rookBoston's thoughts on these subjects. They are extremely enlightening. Others here too, such as Dryheat 44 and Patchick are very knowledgable draftnicks.

Enjoy, and yes, I do expect BB/SP to trade down to the top of the second, then employ value grouping to aquire a massive amount of talent, as they did in 2003.

I like the idea of moving down. I suggest we move down 5-10 spots and pick up and extra 3rd or 4th, then move down again into the 10-15 picks into the second round and pick up something nice for 2007.

I think Belichick is one coach you can trust to trade down wisely. However, I got the impression last year that maybe there are less teams willing to trade with us.

I don't have any facts to back that up...just a hunch because Belichick used to wheel and deal more. I hope I'm wrong...because he really knows how to get the best out of a deal.

On my mock I have him trading 3a for a 2007 #2 and trading 6a for a 2007 #5.

Trading down to #30 (Indianapolis) or #27 (Panthers), could all make sense, especially is Deangelo Williams is the target. Those teams are all a RB short of a full contingent. Even the Jets (#29) and Jags (#28) make sense.

That trade down would be enough to trade up from the early 4th to the late 2nd.

So, #21, #52, #75, #86, #100 becomes #30, #52, #62, #75, #86

#21 - OLB Bobby Carpenter
#52 - CB Richard Marshall
#75 - WR Maurice Stovall
#86 - ILB Abdul Hodge
#100-OL Patrick Ross

#30 - OLB Mathias Kiwanuka
#62 - OT Darryn Colledge
#75 - WR Maurice Stovall
#86 - ILB Abdul Hodge

I'm 100% for trading down (unless someone falls into our lap who has no buisness sliding that far ex. Wilfork in 04) Trade down, get Maroney, or White, and get a few more first day picks.

rookBoston said:
Trading down to #30 (Indianapolis) or #27 (Panthers), could all make sense, especially is Deangelo Williams is the target. Those teams are all a RB short of a full contingent. Even the Jets (#29) and Jags (#28) make sense.

That trade down would be enough to trade up from the early 4th to the late 2nd.

So, #21, #52, #75, #86, #100 becomes #30, #52, #62, #75, #86

#21 - OLB Bobby Carpenter
#75 - WR Maurice Stovall
#86 - ILB Abdul Hodge
#100-OL Patrick Ross

#30 - OLB Mathias Kiwanuka
#62 - OT Darryn Colledge
#75 - WR Maurice Stovall
#86 - ILB Abdul Hodge

RookBoston,
Just wanted to say I agreed so much I quoted you in my first post in the two draft thread by Dabruinz. :)
I don't know enough about the individual players, but agree totally with the concept and priorities for value.

Joe

I, too, am allfor trading down to pick up a low 2nd if possible. This is a really deep draft until the 5-6th round. I vote for a trade down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back