PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MY idea 18 games+minor leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ok hear me out I had this wild Idea for the NFL if yoiu hate it that is fun jsut don't be rude about it

WE all know they want to go to an 18 game schedule so here we go

Play all 18 games in conference.

Then open all the roster too 100 player and add one minor league team for every team but put it in an NFC city if your AFC and vis versa, pair teams up by division like East and south and west and north

From the 100 person total roster 40 of those player CAN NOT play in the minor league level in any way shape or form. Those players can never play on any teams minor league roster and hte only way other players can be added to those locked in 40 is when there is an opening.

That league plays from June till Augest with the Playoffs overlapping training camp.

then 20 of those plays make it to the active roster so that on game day there is 52 active and 8 inactives

When an injury occurs there would be 4, 6, 8 game IRs While a player is on IR another player Has to be called up from the minor league roster , No off the street signings allowed.

Player on the minor leagues roster can not practice or travel with the team but can be allowed into meetings.

The Draft is expaned to 10 rounds to compesate for the roster extentions

The minor leagues games are played then the Pro stadiums at reduced prices and the two teams share profit and loss from the games played

It adds more competieve football for everyone to watch give more players Like BJGE to prove themselves and the teams are in established football cities

and the 20 players not locked in can be moved back and forth throughout the season as gameplans warrent.

Now it might be a little off the wall idea but hey who knows it might work

Ok hear me out I had this wild Idea for the NFL if yoiu hate it that is fun jsut don't be rude about it

WE all know they want to go to an 18 game schedule so here we go

Play all 18 games in conference.

Then open all the roster too 100 player and add one minor league team for every team but put it in an NFC city if your AFC and vis versa, pair teams up by division like East and south and west and north

From the 100 person total roster 40 of those player CAN NOT play in the minor league level in any way shape or form. Those players can never play on any teams minor league roster and hte only way other players can be added to those locked in 40 is when there is an opening.

That league plays from June till Augest with the Playoffs overlapping training camp.

then 20 of those plays make it to the active roster so that on game day there is 52 active and 8 inactives

When an injury occurs there would be 4, 6, 8 game IRs While a player is on IR another player Has to be called up from the minor league roster , No off the street signings allowed.

Player on the minor leagues roster can not practice or travel with the team but can be allowed into meetings.

The Draft is expaned to 10 rounds to compesate for the roster extentions

The minor leagues games are played then the Pro stadiums at reduced prices and the two teams share profit and loss from the games played

It adds more competieve football for everyone to watch give more players Like BJGE to prove themselves and the teams are in established football cities

and the 20 players not locked in can be moved back and forth throughout the season as gameplans warrent.

Now it might be a little off the wall idea but hey who knows it might work

Why exactly do we need an 18 game schedule of watered down football?

If you want to see better football you add an extra bye week and go back to the old rule regarding catches, if the owners want more money they should invest in a Spring-Summer league that takes players right now of high school.

Done.

We already have minor league teams. It's called College Football.

It's called the NFC West

We already have minor league teams. It's called College Football.

Really? which one is the patriots farm team?

I care about college football as much as I do soccer and the knitting channel. People who never went to any of those schools have zero routing interest. A junior patriots however... that I could get into.

It costs a great deal of money to open an NFL stadium for a sporting event. I'm now sure ticket sales could support it. This would be especially true in cities with 3 or 4 pro sports teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back