PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My hopes for a reasonable, cheap WR corps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This is pretty reasonable without breaking the bank. It may take a while to come together, but it could be done.

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

I would be pretty happy with this group.

Here's mine:

1. Branch
2. Moulds (Price is Moulds does not get released or is asking to much $)
3. Gaffney
4. Az-Zahir Hakim
5. Mike Hass (draft)

Digger44 said:
This is pretty reasonable without breaking the bank. It may take a while to come together, but it could be done.

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

Last edited:
Digger44 said:

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

I would be very happy with it but I'm not sure how cheap Moulds and KJ will be.

You guys are crazy. No way we could afford any of those groups.

stevedogc said:
Here's mine:

1. Branch
2. Moulds (Price is Moulds does not get released or is asking to much $)
3. Gaffney
4. Az-Zahir Hakim
5. Mike Hass (draft)
No offense but that would be the worst WR corps in years. Branch and moulds are great.

Gaffney cant get open
Hakin annually leads the league in drops
Hass will be a rookie that no one should expect big time production from.

Digger44 said:

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

I would be very happy with that group.

Digger44 said:

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

Great and after the season 2-4 can all retire.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Great and after the season 2-4 can all retire.
Right now I think we'll let 2007 worry about itself, we have enough WR for 2006 to worry about :)

Sure, this group is fine. I would expect a draftee to be #5, and Childress to be #6. Thsi group also would be quite reasonable in price (presuming no extension by Branch).

Digger44 said:

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

BelichickFan said:
Right now I think we'll let 2007 worry about itself, we have enough WR for 2006 to worry about :)

that is my thinking

Digger44 said:

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

OK we agree on Branch....and Childress but no way will they get those 3...lucky to get one of them..I think someone like a ZSmith or a Childress will return kicks..a Troy Brown and a rookie..or 2 rookies...MAYBE a Pattenanad a KJ...but no way all 3. WOn't happen..a nice thought but???

Why don't you add T.O. to the Keyshawn, Az-Hakim and Moulds pickups. That would be a REALLY reasonable and cheap group.

1. Branch
2. Klecko
3. Brown
4. Childress
5. Draft

In Belichick I Trust (I just know he had Klecko sitting last season while he was making a position change.)

Digger44 said:

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Patten
5. Childress

Any of them would be better than last year's top 5

The thing is, the top 2 carry 80% of the load, with #3 picking up 15% and the last 2 taking on spot duty for injuries and special teams

1. Branch
2. Moulds
3. Keyshawn
4. Troy
5. Draft
6. Childress

Answer to the question?

to the poster who was concerned that with the proposed WR set that two would retire after 2006 or more likely 2007.

I have asked the question and not just rhetorically several times to no answer, "Can you be too young?". Right now the only Pats over thirty on Offense are Dillon at 31, and no-longer-a-starter Troy Brown at 34.

It is reasonable to want some veteran continuity on a squad, and the errors conmmitted on Offense prevented them from advancing past Denver. Or have you forgotten? It issi a very reasonable concern, and this proposed WR corps helps answer it.

Furthemore I consider it a major UPGRADE in talent.

You would be fielding three #1 type WRs, and two #1 type TEs as well as a premium QB and a #1 type RB even without any other augmentation and we all expect additions at RB. Compare that to last season with only a single #1 and single #2 at WR, on the roster, the TEs (one of whom wasa essentially a rook), and an injured #1 RB with two rooks on the O-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back