Welcome to PatsFans.com

My hat is off to John McCain

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Nov 4, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +569 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I will be extremely proud if and when Obama steps to the podium tonight for his acceptance speech. But I have to admit, I will feel bad for Sen McCain if all goes the way it appears and Obama wins the presidency. John McCain did several things that showed me he is a man of honor & respect during the election.

Although I can't say the same thing for his running mate, John McCain kept to the high road throughout his campaign. Of special note it the day he cut off one of his supporters who called Obama a terrorist and said "No, Barack Obama is a good man..."

Those are they types of things that will keep his legacy in tact. He never compromised his values for personal gain and for that he will forever have my respect.

My hat is off to John McCain!:americaflag:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I couldn't agree more.

I posted in another thread I hope he is an active worker and can work closely with obama to get things done.

I hope Colin Powell is part of the cabinet.

3. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I like McCain, but he is the reason she said what she said. He put it out there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pump up the volume EMINEM YouTube - EMINEM MOSH - Original Version
    Like him or not listen to the Message.

The single most powerful video this year, was created 4 years ago.

4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Colin Powell should of ran for President :)

5. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's a nice gesture PR. I really hope that if elected, Obama moderates out and TRULY looks to both sides for answers. Both candidates have showed me good and bad during this election, but I honestly think they're both well-intentioned people who genuinely want the best for the country. My ideas of what's best just differ significantly from theirs.

My concern honestly is the imbalance of Democrats. This isn't to say that they're Communists or America haters, I'm just saying that I believe the government is best served by a balance. And a swing one way is almost always succeeded by a sharp swing the other way, like a pendulum. I hope that at some point the pendulum just stops it's wild swings both ways.

6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't agree, in the End, it's the man's name at th etop of the ticket at stake, and it's his call for the tactics, comercials, and other things other than PAC stuff...

McCain's crowds, and his campaign stoking the fire of hate, and racism was horrible to watch...

McCain checked his principles, his beliefs at the door on the out set of this campaign, and that is what did him in.

In the end, his base didn't want a more center candidate, the country did, you can run as your bases candidate without playing to the extreme Right... So he went right, and couldn't pull the ship back to center after going so far off.

Congrats to Obama, his win will be a HUGE win, looks as though even states like Nebrasks may go for him, this is a True repudiation of Bush and Cheeny.

This outcome was set up by the horrible selection and backing of 1 georige bush and the smear tactics they used to drag McCain through the mud and all their oponents... They, Bush, Chenny, and Rove, pushed their ideology so far, that this is the natural reaction, the correction you can say.

If McCain ran and won in 2000, re-elected, this race would have been much closer.

Obama will have to take much caution to not play the "Political Capital" card and push to far, or we will see the same thing in 4/8 years...

7. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think John Mccain would have made a great president 8 years ago.. But some how Bush was pushed forward... Mccain made a poor choice in a running mate and unfortunitly was endorsed by By Bush and Chenny..He is still a great american, I just was not confident if something would have happened to him and Palin would have been president.. Palin was his biggest mistake, he should have just picked Hillary..

8. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Please inform us how his campaign stoked the fires of racism.

9. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I would agree with that.

10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +569 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

In America, we all have a right to our opinions and we should celebrate that everyday. I don't see my opinion as being "right", it's just my opinion. It apprears the battle is over, so I prefer to carry the best of people in my heart rather than hold onto a dark cloud of resentment.

But that's just me.

11. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

well said. hopefully the healing begins

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,999 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

John McCain I posted before is a great man, a great American and a very good Senator for the country. he's a man off honesty, integrity, and he's good at saving money. But he really had little to offer the country and it showed. If he had picked a strong VP it may have helped ... who knows.

13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,999 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I hear you've never worn a hat in your life. :p ;)

14. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

"He's a terrorist"
    "Kill Him"
    "He's a Muslim"

Yes McCain FINALLY shut that down, but it went on for weeks before they addressed it. At first they took it as a loyal base that was really energizing the base until the realized the center is leaving in droves...

15. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I understand, everyone has their own opinions, just like Elizabeth Dole, no matter how long she served our country, she will lose my respect for life.

We saw "Democrats in the Senate don't believe in Christmas" and so many other bad un-issue related attacks that just made me lose all that respect...

Sad thing is 4 - 8 years ago, I really liked McCain... and he lost it all by wavering and losing his beliefs and principles that made me like him...

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,999 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

If ever Americans decided they did not want negative politics ... it was this election. Hopefully ... negative campaigns will become a thing of the past.

17. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He will be getting a position in Obama's administration.

18. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

SOME McCain supporters were indeed saying those stupid things. But none of the came from his campaign, and none of it is really racist. It is hateful though, I'll give you that.

19. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

And ill take back "Racism" and say stoke the flames of Hate...

20. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

He's giving a pretty good speech right now.