Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
is that I think we are going to destroy the Colts. This isnt a homer 'we win because we show up' opinion.
I think our offense right now is completely unstoppable. The Colts D certainly won't be the one to do so. We are setup to run the ball very, very well this week, because the Colts will not want to isolate dbs in man coverage, and will make the pass rush their primary objective. We will see much cover2, with safeties back. Of course we will throw on it, and out receivers will give them fits in the seams of the zones. But, The weakness vs the run that the Colts do a very good job disguising with scheme, will be exposed.

I have no doubt that the Colts are going to put some points on the board, but our 2007 OFFENSE helps our defense tremendously in defending the Colts. We can take risks because we will be scoring a ton of points. BB has developed a 'book' in how he attacks the Colts offense. I think he will break from the book this time. I expect the overall defensive scheme to be coverage, make them catch it underneath, disguise the zones, etc. But this week we will blitz more than ever against Manning (which isn't usually a lot to begin with) and will create turnovers from it.

There is no doubt that Pats are plssed at last years playoff loss. That doesn't mean they will 'try harder' it means they will PREPARE HARDER. Media reports are already saying that players had today off, but many came in to work anyway. Harder, more focussed preparation is what makes teams play better in games that are important to them, not 'being fired up'. This game is going to be won between now and Friday in preparation.
I would agree that the Colts are the best team we have faced, but the result will be similar. I am expecting something like 45-24. I don't think this will be a game by the start of the 4th quarter.

I could be wrong, thats why they play the games, but for one of the first times, I see a totally demolishing about to happen.

I see this game as the first of many downfalls of Randy Moss.

I agree except it's my brain not my gut speaking :D

My gut says it'll be close. My brain, that's watched the games, says it won't be close. In fact I think we'll leave a train wreck in our wake the the Colts will lose @ SD the following week too.

There is absolutely no reason to think that. The Patriots consistently scored well on the Colts with Givens and Branch and held their own with Gaffney and Caldwell. Like with every other team we've played, the talent level is just way higher now. If you want to argue that the Colts will outscore us, be my guest - but to suggest the Colts will slow the Patriots down is just silly.

is that I think we are going to destroy the Colts. This isnt a homer 'we win because we show up' opinion.
I think our offense right now is completely unstoppable. The Colts D certainly won't be the one to do so. We are setup to run the ball very, very well this week, because the Colts will not want to isolate dbs in man coverage, and will make the pass rush their primary objective. We will see much cover2, with safeties back. Of course we will throw on it, and out receivers will give them fits in the seams of the zones. But, The weakness vs the run that the Colts do a very good job disguising with scheme, will be exposed.

I have no doubt that the Colts are going to put some points on the board, but our 2007 OFFENSE helps our defense tremendously in defending the Colts. We can take risks because we will be scoring a ton of points. BB has developed a 'book' in how he attacks the Colts offense. I think he will break from the book this time. I expect the overall defensive scheme to be coverage, make them catch it underneath, disguise the zones, etc. But this week we will blitz more than ever against Manning (which isn't usually a lot to begin with) and will create turnovers from it.

There is no doubt that Pats are plssed at last years playoff loss. That doesn't mean they will 'try harder' it means they will PREPARE HARDER. Media reports are already saying that players had today off, but many came in to work anyway. Harder, more focussed preparation is what makes teams play better in games that are important to them, not 'being fired up'. This game is going to be won between now and Friday in preparation.
I would agree that the Colts are the best team we have faced, but the result will be similar. I am expecting something like 45-24. I don't think this will be a game by the start of the 4th quarter.

I could be wrong, thats why they play the games, but for one of the first times, I see a totally demolishing about to happen.

I agree. I think we will see a lot of similar things from the offense against the Colts that we saw against the Redskins. The Colts will more or less take away the deep ball, while we will still try on occasion for some deep stuff, we will be running, throwing screens, slants and using the middle of the field a lot. Welker will have a lot of passes thrown his way again.

While I really really really really love what our offense is doing, how many times have WE been on the flip side of this type of game? How many times have the high flying colts (who never punt!) came into foxboro during the playoffs and loose? How much did we hear about the "fastest show on turf", only to shut them up quickly too. We must not forget that we were on the other side of this story before and we all know too well how those games against "unstoppable" offenses ended up...

While I really really really really love what our offense is doing, how many times have WE been on the flip side of this type of game? How many times have the high flying colts (who never punt!) came into foxboro during the playoffs and loose? How much did we hear about the "fastest show on turf", only to shut them up quickly too. We must not forget that we were on the other side of this story before and we all know too well how those games against "unstoppable" offenses ended up...

Ahhh but we still have BB, no one else does. BB was the ONE to stop those high flying teams. An amazing offense, an amazing defense and BB. Practice has got to be harder than Sundays more often than not.

Ryan, you usually offer some logic to back up your thoughts....you offfered nothing here of the sort..... Kind of sounds more like "wishful thinking" to me.

In addition to what AJ said I feel there are two major keys:

1. The ability of our offensive line to contine to protect Brady.(I don't see the Cotls blitzing too much, I think they will rely on Freeney and Mathis)

2. Playaction by Brady and being able to catch Sanders in the box and then going deep or mid range. I don't see anyone able to cover Welker.

Ryan, you usually offer some logic to back up your thoughts....you offfered nothing here of the sort..... Kind of sounds more like "wishful thinking" to me.

More than that, I'm expecting exactly the opposite. I think we're going to see the best Moss game yet. I think the Colts will focus on Welker and I'm going to go so far as to say I think he'll see single coverage at times. And that'll be a big big mistake on the part of the Colts.

1. The ability of our offensive line to contine to protect Brady.(I don't see the Cotls blitzing too much, I think they will rely on Freeney and Mathis)
I don't have the Home/Away splits but the Colts have just 12 sacks this year. Compared to 17 for the Redskins and 22 for the Patriots (who have played one more game than the other two).

I agree except it's my brain not my gut speaking :D

My gut says it'll be close. My brain, that's watched the games, says it won't be close. In fact I think we'll leave a train wreck in our wake the the Colts will lose @ SD the following week too.

Patriots DO tend to leave wreckage in their wake, don't they?
Every team we've played this year except Dallas.
Last year even - Minnesota ... Chicago ... just from memory.

Bear in mind that the Bengals were thought to be threatening - before the Pats came to town.
It took the Chargers a number of games to regain their lightning.
Takes something out of you.

Practice has got to be harder than Sundays more often than not.

That's a great line.

My gut also is feeling like a mismatch is in the works. And it is primarily due to how loose the team looked yesterday--utterly hitting on all cylinders. They know that they will be rewarded with a week off following this game. They just got Big Sey and Maroney back. And now they get to give a little payback to the imposters that stole their limelight last year.

I think with ALL the hype... if things go terribly wrong next Sunday for New England and Moss isn't involved in a bad loss, things could unravel.

Just my two pennies. Nothing more to back it up on. Just a hunch.

interesting...i see it as the first of many downfalls by the colts for the rest of tehs season...

after we beat u, SD will as well...and who knows from there

I think with ALL the hype... if things go terribly wrong next Sunday for New England and Moss isn't involved in a bad loss, things could unravel.

Just my two pennies. Nothing more to back it up on. Just a hunch.

I suppose the same would hold true for the Colts No?
Things could unravel quickly for the Colts and Harrison does't perform well, or Addai gets shut down.

Pats would have a Bye week to get over it - Indy would have the Chargers.

Just my two pennies.

I suppose the same would hold true for the Colts No?
Things could unravel quickly for the Colts and Harrison does't perform well, or Addai gets shut down.

Pats would have a Bye week to get over it - Indy would have the Chargers.

Just my two pennies.

Yep.

Everyone has opinions. I mean... I doubt anyone but the people on this message board will be predicting 938383-0 blowouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes