PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My guess Ty Law in KC or back here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
They would be the only 2 places for him, and I think ( maybee Miguel could help) we have more cap space. I dont know if I want him, I dont like reruns, but Ty was a great player, give us 3 more yrs Ty.....

I'd be ok with Ty only if it was a short term, incentive laden contract. Something along the lines of free Peapod delivery for every INT, less 1mil for every PI call!

PatsChick87 said:
I'd be ok with Ty only if it was a short term, incentive laden contract. Something along the lines of free Peapod delivery for every INT, less 1mil for every PI call!

Hey -- I'd sign for that. I would really like free Pea Pod delivery!:singing:

Looks like KC may have the interest..and maybe the bucks...sure would like to have him back...but?? No bidding war...

Pats726 said:
Looks like KC may have the interest..and maybe the bucks...sure would like to have him back...but?? No bidding war...

Have you read something lately alluding to this?

Wasnt there a chance he was gonna end up in seattle? Sorry if i missed some info about that.

desi-patsfan said:
Wasnt there a chance he was gonna end up in seattle? Sorry if i missed some info about that.

it is rumored that Seattle is taking a pass based upon their use of a 1st rounder on a CB...

sarge said:
Have you read something lately alluding to this?

Granted, the following came from EEI, but regardless, it's being reported that KC has "possible" interest in Ty Law. Some paper in that area mentioned it a as a possibility because KC didn't really do anything to improve their secondary in the draft.

Though, it just sounds like a big guess to me..

Read a blurb on KFFL yesterday where KC GM Peterson when asked about Law said they obviously were interested in signing him last season (when the Poston's used their interest to try to kick start the market as I recall), and there could still be some interest there since their new HC is familiar with the player (somehow I don't think that is a positive after what transpired in NY last fall INT's aside). But he ended his comments with the pointed dig that there is something called a salary cap in the NFL and the salary requirements would have to make realistic sense.

That may be the last word from KC..although EEI jhas stated that they are interested...timing most important

Getting Ty back would solidfy the secondary nicely for a year or more. I would welcome him back in a heartbeat...... We need you TY and we promise to feed your family!

Re: Law. Pat Kirwan noted something very worthwhile I thought in his column today. Point #9

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9411067

I wonder what happened to the cornerback market for Ty Law with seven players capable of playing corner being drafted in the first round and another six selected in the second round.

Someone just posted that the 80 man roster is filled, so currently there doesn't seem to be any room to sign a veteran unless they release someone.

I just want Ty to sign somewhere soon so I can stop thinking about whether or not he's coming back. (purely sentimental on my part.)

I fear Ty and the Postons maybe using us to bump up other offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back