PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Five Keys To Victory For The Patriots Against The Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The offensive line needs to protect Tom Brady at a maximum level. I think this is the most important key to the game.

If Brady has the proper time to find his receivers, the Patriots will score at a very good level. Matt Light will have his hands full with Suggs, but the line will have to deal with Ngata as well coming up the middle. This is the true test of the game.

This is very true, and it will hurt the Ravins. The Ravins feel that its of the utmost importance to get pressure on Brady. In the end I see the Ravins stacking up some very costly penalties. Encroachment might be the start of a defensive down fall, Brady is very good with the snap count. Over pursuing Brady will land the Ravins more than a few roughing the passer calls.

I would go as far as to say the Ravins lay claim to over 50 yards in penalties.

Last edited:
This is very true, and it will hurt the Ravins. The Ravins feel that its of the utmost importance to get pressure on Brady. In the end I see the Ravins stacking up some very costly penalties. Encroachment might be the start of a defensive down fall, Brady is very good with the snap count. Over pursuing Brady will land the Ravins more than a few roughing the passer calls.

Penalty wise last week they got a grand total of zero.

You had FIVE chances to spell "Ravens",correctly.....back to the bench,rook(lol):bricks:

While I don't think it is key to winning the game, I think that putting pressure on Joe Flacco will determine how close this game.

It is statistically certain that Flacco will complete less than 60% of his passes. Putting pressure on him will move the needle further in the Patriots favor and maybe the turnover scale.

The good news is that the NE pass rush as improved since losing Andre Carter and has show that it isn't as anemic as many think they are. Well, they still aren't great.

Last week, they looked great at pressuring Tebow - It was a key to a lopsided victory over the Broncos. And I don't know if the game plan changes much from one week to the other.

Refs won't call late hits on Brady because they'll be afraid of the media uproar if they do.

The Ravens will certainly pick up at least a few penalties in this game. Sure, they had no penalties last week but they were at home. The road team is usually good for at least a couple of false starts and if their defense comes out as aggressive as most are predicting, that might lead to a few other calls.

If the Pats defense plays with the same fire that had last week, it will be a long day for Flacco. And the Pats pass rush is actually decent. I believe the Ravens had 48 sacks on the season and the Pats had 40. Of course they lost a bunch of those when Carter went down but they are still getting after the QB better than in the past few seasons.

The Broncos run game was excellent all season and the Pats did a nice job of limiting that last week, at least compared to how they fared in the first meeting. This week they don't have to worry about the option, a run-first QB or any of that so they can focus on Rice.

I think the biggest key, aside from keeping Brady upright, is getting out to a fast start and a lead early. That will put the pressure on the Ravens offense and Flacco. The no-huddle, hurry-up offense for the Pats will likely also be key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes