PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Fantasy Team v. The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats Fan in Indy

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I just want to say that I would really love to see both Brady and Moss break the single season touchdown records, and I would particularly like to see it happen this weekend. The only issue I have is that my fantasy team is in the league championship, and we're playing against a team with Brady, Moss, and Ladanian Tomlinson. While my opponent is loaded, I have a team full of overacheivers, and they're playing really well.

What would you do in this situation?
Would you say screw the fantasy team or would you cheer for the Pats with the hopes that Brady and Moss don't play well?

Right now I'm leaning towards the eff you to my fantasy team.

This is precisely why I despise Fantasy Football.

Of course you should say to hell with the FF team. :mad:

Would you say screw the fantasy team or would you cheer for the Pats with the hopes that Brady and Moss don't play well?
What does it matter what you do? Just watch the game and see what happens, and then accept that it is what it is. It's not like you can influence Brady or Moss' performance by cheering.

You're right all-brilliant Pujo! I bow down to your superior intellect.

If I were you I'd be hoping that Maroney and Faulk combine for like 250 yards and 5 TD's... that way you guys can save the records for week seventeen, you win the game, and you win your fantasy game. :D

this is why i do not play fantasy. your rootings get all screwed up. i got buddies who will be sitting next to me rooting for tomlinson, manning, and plenty of other people who i despise. i enjoy despising them, and i will not be deferred.
(i have thrown plenty of things at my buddies for celebrating with a normally hated rival)

I just want to say that I would really love to see both Brady and Moss break the single season touchdown records, and I would particularly like to see it happen this weekend. The only issue I have is that my fantasy team is in the league championship, and we're playing against a team with Brady, Moss, and Ladanian Tomlinson. While my opponent is loaded, I have a team full of overacheivers, and they're playing really well.

I've been in that situation. I played the Brady owner when Brady was putting up 3+ TDs a game. My FF team got killed. Didn't bother me a bit.

Regards,
Chris

The question itself tells us what kind of fan you are.

Anyone who roots for his fantasy team over the Patriots should quit having a favorite team and just have his fantasy team. Which is OK, I have no favorite baseball team but am deep into fantasy, just don't pretend to be a Patriots' fan if you root against them for this reason.

I'm facing a similar problem. My team is playing against Brady and LT as well. I counter acted this by picking up Jabar Gaffney. I already have Wes Welker, so I'm hoping Brady throws 2 TDs to Welker, Gaffney, and Moss. This lets Brady Break the record, and gets Moss within 1 of the record. I think My QBs can manage to make up for the 2 TDs to Moss. Thats the only advice I can offer. Sign as many Patriot WRs as you can (Stallworth, Gaffney are probably available) and hope Brady throws TDs to them.

I always cheer for the Patriots before my fantasy team (its easier because I don't play for money), but I hope that some how one of my other players has a moster day to offset Brady. Earlier this year, I played against Brady in one of my leagues and Brady almost single handedly beat my team. I was up by like thirty something points going into the Monday night game (Pats vs Bills) Brady threw like 5 TDs that game. I thought I had lost, until the New England defense (which I own) returned a fumble for a TD. I ended up winning by 5 points.

From that point foward, I decided that it was good Karma to cheer for your favorite team first and hope for the best for your fantasy team. So, thats what I'm sticking to this week.

This situation happened to me numerous times this year playing in FF. So be it. What happens, happens. I had Brady on two of my fantasy teams. I lost in both FF games by less than 10 points in both leagues. Was I mad at Brady for not getting his usual 30+ points this past week? NO. The Pats won their game so I was happy..

I think the real problem here is why in was this team allowed to stack its team like that??? Was it a 2 man draft??

omg, where is the ignore function on this board?

If there is any question whatsoever, then that's just lame. Even the whole "I want the Pats to win, I just don't want Brady to play well" argument doesn't work. You always root for your team.

You're right all-brilliant Pujo! I bow down to your superior intellect.
Alright, you can spend your Sunday stressing about Brady throwing too many touchdowns, while rooting for... Brady. I'll just watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back